• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Torque GT sent me some before and after pics of the new dials:

dialscomparison.jpg

Apparently they are a very good fit, though they require the removal of the pin that the needles rest on from the original dials. Really happy with how they look so far :)

Otherwise, I'm picking Snoopy up a week today. :D And I have recieved some of Johns excellent aluminium seat frames :)

Guest Nicholas
The importer sent me a few pics today, as the car has just been dropped off with them. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192197[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192191[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192192[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192193[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192194[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192195[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]192196[/ATTACH]

I also received a brand new HKS FCD from MRX, another top gent :thumbs:

Jay, in the last but one picture above it looks like the passenger airbag cover is loose one side, have the importer check to make sure it's not been involved in a crash and repaired. It may be the airbag has just been removed hence the sagging but I'd definitely check.

Edited by Nicholas (see edit history)

I thought it had around 80k on it for some reason.

I take it obv with those dials you don't need it converting and still be limited? so it'll go up in KM but speed in MPH.

It's around 70,000 miles. :) Yes, the counter will always read in KMs. I have a HKS speed limit defencer waiting to go on :)

Jay, in the last but one picture above it looks like the passenger airbag cover is loose one side, have the importer check to make sure it's not been involved in a crash and repaired. It may be the airbag has just been removed hence the sagging but I'd definitely check.

I noticed that. But the importer has thoroughly inspected the car, as I will when I go to collect it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

They look great, did they say if they are they easy to fit apart from removing the needle pin?

A bit fiddly, but straight forward enough. Just time consuming removing the dash etc :)

So, tomorrow's the big day :)

But, I've just taken collection of these, which will improve the interior no end...

Recaros.JPG

They need a good clean, and as they're OEM fit from a RenaultSport Megane, there's no guarantee they'll fit. But I'm hoping that in combination with the alloy rails I got from John, I can get them in. :)

Well, what a day that was! :D

I left York at 5.30am, and got back at around 10pm last night. 5 hours on the train, followed by around 8 hours drive back...

route.jpg

I was obviously too bust to get some decent pics, but Torque GT took some just before I arrived...

1781620_716821275039311_1673829802315856084_o.jpg

10604465_716821258372646_6653704791981459940_o.jpg

Really happy with the car. Although there is the odd mark here and there, it is really tidy. The interior is much tidier than I was expecting, except for the steering wheel and gear knob, which are both knackered. :D

I really like the way the car drives. The only flaw is the actual tiptronic buttons themselves - the layout is a poor design, but they do work effectively. These tiptronic cars seem to be much more responsive than I remember my UK TT auto being. The only creature comfort that it's really missing is cruise control IMO, which is something I'm looking into, possibly utilizing VVTi Aristo parts.

Congratulations on the purchase.

The vvti tipronics do go well for what they are out the box.

I have had and or driven all the variations of the oem twin turbo supra, and i wouldn't have anything else now.

Simply for ease of everyday use, value for money, reliability, and a bit of rarity too.

I love mine, sure you will enjoy yours too. ;)