The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very very upset, been ripped off and car is in a real state.

The Raven

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee's your man bud. But if needs be, when I get a clear day I can come up and have a look and see if I can shed any light on the situation. I've got a good TT auto rad to eliminate the radiator theory. If he's done it as a paying job, report him to trading standards. I'd expect nothing less if I were to hand a car back to a customer in a worse state than when it came in.

Thanks ben.

As far as rob goes he has said he has quit working in the garage, i cant really be bothered to deal with him. He knows he screwed me over and if he can live with himself then thats up to him. Hence he wont return texts.

I will drop all the coolent and check the gearbox oil see whats going on fit a new rad and fire it up. Ive seen heads go before on rovers ect. Ive never seen so much oil mix with the coolent that quickly. Hence why i thought the auto box cooler might be to blame.

Am i right in thinking its even possible for the auto cooler to break and start chucking in gearbox oil?

It is a small possibility but a bit of a coinkydink. Check the oil cooler too bud, i've known people put pipes on the wrong place and fill engines up with coolant and vice versa.

Hmm didnt even think of that.

Might have to take you up on coming over for a looky when ever you are around.

I dont think any of that could have feed back, what ever caused it happened in seconds. Fire up run check look inside check...........BLAM! coolent floods out of the expan hose looking like that. I turned it off quickly after that.

What ever it is isnt a small leak from anywhere its a full on rush of oil into the coolent system.

Having had a quick look, it may well be impossible to mix things up with the stock oil cooler as the oil comes out of the block into the oil filter housing and back again, there are no pipes or hoses. Only the coolant hoses attach. It's aftermarket oil filter relocation kits that you can cock this up on - have you got one of those?

Having had a quick look, it may well be impossible to mix things up with the stock oil cooler as the oil comes out of the block into the oil filter housing and back again, there are no pipes or hoses. Only the coolant hoses attach. It's aftermarket oil filter relocation kits that you can cock this up on - have you got one of those?

Unless the oil cooler itself is fubar'd.

I had a Vauxhall Sintra come into me a few years back, oil in the coolant etc. It'd already had 3 head gaskets when it came into me. I was told to fit a head. I had the head skimmed and tested which pointed out another fault was present. Took the engine oil cooler out and had it pressure tested and that was the problem. Again, bit of a coinkydink but a possibilty. But if it's not been run for a long time due to the over fuelling, the fault wouldn't present itself until the engine was running.

Stock as far as i know

I was just talking to my bro in law who was at the front of the car when it came out. What ever happened to it had pressure to it, it carried on spilling at force after the engine was off.

The engine was run for around 15 minutes prior to going away. It never mixed anything. As far as i know the head came off was skimmed Vss done and refitted.

As i said this happened in less than a minute, something kicked in and flooded the coolent with oil

Loop the trans cooler pipes back on themselves (i.e. Join them together..) This will eliminate the transcooler in the rad. If it continues, bypass the engine oil cooler and try that. I would put a piece of hose from one side of the engine oil cooler to the other too, just incase that is at fault. It'll protect your driveway if it decides to heamorrage oil out everywhere. Failing those two options bud, it's head off time and have a look at the head/gasket.

Man I feel for you big time, I've recently been sold something on here with false information and I totally know how you would be feeling as I was more upset than angry and stressed. I hope you get it sorted, just a real shame certain members ruin this club and get away with it, pray you get it sorted.

Really sorry to see this bud, it's why I insist on doing my own maintenance - and hence why I've spent a small fortune on tools over the years, even if some have only been used once!

Try not to give up just yet, and if you want to look deeper into it, I'd be happy to come over and help. I'm fairly handy with a spanner, and I'm sure it could be sorted :thumbs:

Jamie is right, but i trusted rob i knew he worked on the supras and my bro in law owned his old n/a that was mint. He was a toyota tech for god sake!

In hindsight i should never have tried to fit the engine myself, or i should have sent it to SRD or Dude. Not making excuses but my life has not been a barrel of laughs the last year or so if you unlucky enough to have read the autism thread you will get the jist of it. I let things go that i shouldnt have and looked the other way because i didnt want to deal with the stress.

Whats done is done, im not getting the money back and rob has left the garage. Homers build thread has all the details of the place he used to work. All i can do now is say fuck it and push on getting the car back on the road.