The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very very upset, been ripped off and car is in a real state.

The Raven

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this car at there shop. Bottigsham Garage in Cambridge are thief's and do shoddy maintenance at best. Look at JasonR24, The Raven & myself. Three supras and the horror stories. While they did no maintenance to my supra it was vandalized while in there possession for MOT and they never fully paid for the damage.

While I looked at a RobD as a cool guy his reputation and quality of work cannot be ignored and the maintenance whirl under his supervision was horrible.

Sorry the raven.

Christ. Some of the stuff that goes on in this club makes me want to sell the car.

It's just one member though that appears to be on a trail of destruction.

True, it is one member who I believe now has been banned. Pretty sure Jason spoke about this when selling his car to Homer.

Man I feel for you big time, I've recently been sold something on here with false information and I totally know how you would be feeling as I was more upset than angry and stressed. I hope you get it sorted, just a real shame certain members ruin this club and get away with it, pray you get it sorted.

Your issue was different though Jazz, two people fitted the seat in two different Supra's but you couldn't.

Hope you get this sorted, like others I feel helpless :(

Raven I have just been helped out by a kind member on here (R32) so im going to pay the favour forward.Whats your paypal? Small contribution inbound. Every little helps.

Wont take mate, but thats an amazing offer, stick it in http://www.autism.org.uk/ if you feel you want to. Id be more greaful for that than i ever would getting the car working.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Sad to hear, being in the business myself I know all too well about garages that are happy to take your money without doing the job to even a decent standard. I doubt I'd be able to take it as level-headed as you have but I hope you get sorted and get her up and running again.

I'd definitely go through the legal channels though and do what you can to get some of your money back. You might just want to move on and start again without the hassle of pursuing it but if you do get anything back it can go towards getting the job done properly this time.

The Raven, I think you're an inspiration mate. No one deserves to be on the receiving end of cowboy mechanics, but hats off to you for the way you've dealt with it.

I'm sure everyone would agree when I say none of us can wait to see you & it back on the road!

Was the car fully up to temp when this happened, i.e. system bled and thermostat fully open?

Already some good diagnosis advice been given here. i have seen this on a few occassions.

1. Engine Oil cooler fubared - Oil under pressure will pass into water passage and so into cooling system.

Bypass coolant pipes and turn engine over - dont start (remove efi fuse) as were assuming just water contamination. Oil will pass out off coolant outlets on cooler when cranking produces enough oil pressure,

2. Auto oil cooler in rad - again bypass cooler and loop pipes (they are not under pressure), Flush rad before checking again.

3. Very rare case of Turbo housing Coolant channel fracture in which oil passing from centre bearing into coolant channel. Yet to see this on a supra though.

Would there have been a very very very small remote Possibility that Oil made its way accidentently into cooling channel on block when engine was being worked on, a full coolant system flush after checking above may be worthwhile.

Other than that its going to be a head off and inspection :(

The Raven, I think you're an inspiration mate. No one deserves to be on the receiving end of cowboy mechanics, but hats off to you for the way you've dealt with it.

I'm sure everyone would agree when I say none of us can wait to see you & it back on the road!

Cheers dude, dont get me wrong 3 years ago this would have been the end of my world. If i have learnt one thing in that time its perspective.

Was the car fully up to temp when this happened, i.e. system bled and thermostat fully open?

Already some good diagnosis advice been given here. i have seen this on a few occassions.

1. Engine Oil cooler fubared - Oil under pressure will pass into water passage and so into cooling system.

Bypass coolant pipes and turn engine over - dont start (remove efi fuse) as were assuming just water contamination. Oil will pass out off coolant outlets on cooler when cranking produces enough oil pressure,

2. Auto oil cooler in rad - again bypass cooler and loop pipes (they are not under pressure), Flush rad before checking again.

3. Very rare case of Turbo housing Coolant channel fracture in which oil passing from centre bearing into coolant channel. Yet to see this on a supra though.

Would there have been a very very very small remote Possibility that Oil made its way accidentently into cooling channel on block when engine was being worked on, a full coolant system flush after checking above may be worthwhile.

Other than that its going to be a head off and inspection :(

The car was running less than a 2 minutes, everything was fine, temp was rasing slowly no noises or taps or bangs.......then BOOOOOOOOM. Im nearly convinced its not the head due how quick it mixed and how much it there was.

The way it went sounds like the oil cooler was fucked. There was shed load of pressure behind it when it went

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

The reason for it being so sudden is probably due to the thermostat opening and coolant being pumped round the system. Could have mixed in the rad and added to the volume of fluid in the system, and as it's self leveling it overflowed when the system opened. Just a theory.

Either way mate, hope you get it sorted and just shout if you need a hand with anything.....as long as you provide bacon sarnies! :D

wow

Just thought I'd throw my name in here. Rob has indeed screwed people over. there are a few other members who haven't said anything yet. I did not reply to the comment rob made in the eBay thread as I asked for mod approval. Rob knows he's ripped people off. This story sounds all too familiar....

In case rob tries to say anything on this thread, my build was not a "budget build" the job was to transfer all parts from one car to another, I paid around 2k not including parts. I have proof too. Another professional garage has told me all the faults caused from them and how much it should have cost, much much less than what they took from me.

I put trust in someone who basically screwed me over when I was willing to help him out whenever.... totally feel for all members who have been affected.

Just thought I'd throw my name in here. Rob has indeed screwed people over. there are a few other members who haven't said anything yet. I did not reply to the comment rob made in the eBay thread as I asked for mod approval. Rob knows he's ripped people off. This story sounds all too familiar....

In case rob tries to say anything on this thread, my build was not a "budget build" the job was to transfer all parts from one car to another, I paid around 2k not including parts. I have proof too. Another professional garage has told me all the faults caused from them and how much it should have cost, much much less than what they took from me.

I put trust in someone who basically screwed me over when I was willing to help him out whenever.... totally feel for all members who have been affected.

soryr to hear guys about your cars.

but whos rob?

Sorry to hear this this mate, really feel for you. As others have mentioned, the coolers is definitely the place to go looking. On my car (Jason's old one), the lines to the auto box cooler in the rad are completely missing, there's no cooler plumbed in at all!

Really sorry to be reading this Raven. You have enough on your plate and this just sucks but stick with it you will get it sorted. Wish I could do something to help but I know the club spirit will kick in from those nearer to you and it will get sorted. Good luck matey.

The reason for it being so sudden is probably due to the thermostat opening and coolant being pumped round the system. Could have mixed in the rad and added to the volume of fluid in the system, and as it's self leveling it overflowed when the system opened. Just a theory.

Either way mate, hope you get it sorted and just shout if you need a hand with anything.....as long as you provide bacon sarnies! :D

you'd do anything for a bacon sarnie, :p

Also sorry to read about this mate, happy to help if you need it