The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very very upset, been ripped off and car is in a real state.

The Raven

Soooo after my earlier comment who would be up for sorting this out then? Totally up to Raven obviously plus I would be no use whatsoever but who would actually want to help out for this?

If this problem can be fixed then Raven "might" actually join you lot at Bluewater :D

On the plus side it would be good to have a gathering rather than us lot having a chat about our working cars and then eating for a change.

It was my idea, it would be pointless if I didn't turn up.

I'll just need to find a B&B for the night and I'm there :)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love you guys, (not abz)

having looked over the car again, and talking to fly, it seems the head gasket is fucked, or the head is fucked, or both. Its a full engine out job. Alas i dont have the room to store the engine should it have to have the head replaced/skimmed.

My hope of gearbox oil being in the rad does not seem the be the case, the dip is still showing full. Its nearly certain its engine oil. Knowing the head was taken off it makes sence that would be the problem.

I have been in contact with supra matt who is willing to take the car on with a look at finding and fixing the issue. Mean time im half way though wet sanding the body down. I dont want to waste peoples time and money if its a big project. I cant thank you guys enough for the offer of help, its the one bright spot from the whole thing.

If any of you are passing thanet/canterbury please give me a pm and pop over for a tea its the least i can do.

As for blue water...whens the next one? I will bring the mrs Kia!

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

I still love you guys, (especially abz)

having looked over the car again, and talking to fly, it seems the head gasket is fucked, or the head is fucked, or both. Its a full engine out job. Alas i dont have the room to store the engine should it have to have the head replaced/skimmed.

My hope of gearbox oil being in the rad does not seem the be the case, the dip is still showing full. Its nearly certain its engine oil. Knowing the head was taken off it makes sence that would be the problem.

I have been in contact with supra matt who is willing to take the car on with a look at finding and fixing the issue. Mean time im half way though wet sanding the body down. I dont want to waste peoples time and money if its a big project. I cant thank you guys enough for the offer of help, its the one bright spot from the whole thing.

If any of you are passing thanet/canterbury please give me a pm and pop over for a tea its the least i can do.

As for blue water...whens the next one? I will bring the mrs Kia!

Ah, I love you too Russ! :D

I shall be back hopefully so will be there to give you a big hug!

If it is the head gasket then like you say no point us turning up it may need the head skimming etc. Very rare for this to happen on a 2JZ but considering the cowboys who put it together it is possible.

Still think you should organise a BBQ, we could move BW meet to your house one Friday ;)

Ah, I love you too Russ! :D

I shall be back hopefully so will be there to give you a big hug!

If it is the head gasket then like you say no point us turning up it may need the head skimming etc. Very rare for this to happen on a 2JZ but considering the cowboys who put it together it is possible.

Still think you should organise a BBQ, we could move BW meet to your house one Friday ;)

LMAO.

Well the head was ok when i sent it up, the head was off, so was it put back on correctly? That would be best guess. Summer should be ok, if i can kick my sisters horses out the field i can probably do a bluewater meet at mine. And i will sort the BBQ out!

Guest Budz86

Glad you've got a better idea of what the problem is now mate :) Does sound like it could be the case; I bet they just got slack when torquing the head and didn't do it in the correct order, or didn't replace bolts etc as needed. Fingers crossed the head is OK and doesn't need a skim

Glad you've got a better idea of what the problem is now mate :) Does sound like it could be the case; I bet they just got slack when torquing the head and didn't do it in the correct order, or didn't replace bolts etc as needed. Fingers crossed the head is OK and doesn't need a skim

By all accounts the head was skimmed at the time, if that ever happened i will never know, I do know the head was off as i saw the engine without it on. I also found what was left of a gasket set in the boot, from toyota. Do they come with new bolts?

Guest Budz86

The gasket set itself won't come with new head bolts but for some reason I vaguely remember reading that they should be changed, but don't quote me on that. I was more thinking that if any of them showed obvious signs of stress or excessive wear, they may not have bothered replacing them.

Edited by Budz86 (see edit history)