The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

Pics and links needed :)! Little things like this that make a big difference tbf mate !

Here's the links to the bolts I bought :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261337846038?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251407946446?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251407946445?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261358343826?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I've also just ordered an MVP style front lip, with the ears, from California for a very good price (even with import fees). Tempted to get my front bumper smoothed out whilst I'm at it :eyebrows: Oh, and my front tyres are en route, new sandwich plate, 7 litres of Fuchs Titan Pro S and a K&N filter because I'm sad :D

Here's the link to the front lip:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330954368609?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I would definitely get it all smoothed in :) what sandwich plate you gone for.. Undecided what I'm going for yet but will probably run turbo feed oil cooler and temp/pressure sensors for good measure

I've gone for the eBay one which is used by lots of people with good results. Made sure it was the double o-ringed one though for extra reassurance against leaks. Used one last time and it was fine but I sold it to Scott without thinking! Dumb dumb moment!

Nice work! This style exhaust manifold is good for fast response if im not wrong. I wonder what power it will put to the ground :).

Everything is ready for some decent power apart from the gearbox. Even the Stage 5 clutch will hold decent power (more than the gearbox haha).

I'll get it on the dyno once it's back together :)

Just picked up my downpipe. Lyndon's wife, Kate, has welded an additional boss on for an AFR gauge along with a 4" long flexi section and made me some blanking plates for the now redundant stock O2 sensor bosses. Huge thanks to her for the excellent work :thumbs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181095&stc=1&d=1393019679

attachment.php?attachmentid=181096&stc=1&d=1393019679

Also, I've received another 7 litres of Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10W50 and a K&N oil filter all in awe of potentially firing her up this weekend.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181097&stc=1&d=1393019679

Oh, my other two tyres arrived as well. Room is getting rather full!

attachment.php?attachmentid=181098&stc=1&d=1393019679

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

Looking good, but the AFR sensor is likely to overheat there.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/Images/Products/Installation%20Instructions%2030-4100.pdf

Ahh, I see the quote "If you anticipate high EGT's (over 800C), run a turbocharger, run at high RPM for extended periods of time or plan on running leaded race fuel then you must mount the sensor at least 36 inches or more downstream of the exhaust port as all of these can cause the sensor to overheat."

Well I haven't actually got an AFR gauge of my own yet but it's more for Lyndon to use when mapping so I'll have to 'suck it and see' as they say. It won't be any great ordeal to weld another boss onto the second decat pipe if needs be :)

It will be fine, If you were running full tilt around the Nurburgring you might get some lambda drift but any decent lambda compensation configuration in the map would desist when the % went out of tolerance and revert to open loop state which should have a bias towards rich anyway. Giving a shoeing at Santa pod or giving it the full moo every now and then when over taking won't trouble it. In the 10 years I've been calibrating ecu's I've only ever cooked 2 LSU 4.2 sensors and both of those were running sited virtually inside the turbo housing.

Lyndon.

Ahh, I see the quote "If you anticipate high EGT's (over 800C), run a turbocharger, run at high RPM for extended periods of time or plan on running leaded race fuel then you must mount the sensor at least 36 inches or more downstream of the exhaust port as all of these can cause the sensor to overheat."

Well I haven't actually got an AFR gauge of my own yet but it's more for Lyndon to use when mapping so I'll have to 'suck it and see' as they say. It won't be any great ordeal to weld another boss onto the second decat pipe if needs be :)

It will be fine, If you were running full tilt around the Nurburgring you might get some lambda drift but any decent lambda compensation configuration in the map would desist when the % went out of tolerance and revert to open loop state which should have a bias towards rich anyway. Giving a shoeing at Santa pod or giving it the full moo every now and then when over taking won't trouble it. In the 10 years I've been calibrating ecu's I've only ever cooked 2 LSU 4.2 sensors and both of those were running sited virtually inside the turbo housing.

Lyndon.

That's good to hear then, one less thing for me to worry about. I've ordered the air intake temp sensor and connector that you emailed me by the way, should arrive later this week :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots of progress! The Supra is back on the road now and flew through the MOT the other day with no advisories :) On Tuesday evening I went out to do some mapping with Lyndon (Nod Land) on the road @ wastegate pressure of 0.9 BAR but conditions didn't allow any foot to the floor action as it's just a little bit aggresive :eyebrows: Final mapping will be in the next few days or so, as soon as we have the weather to put some power down!

Below are a few snap shots of progress along the way.

Exhaust system built back up including a new 3" Whifbitz decat pipe, new bolts and new gaskets:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182742&stc=1&d=1395959762

NGK Iridium spark plugs fitted replacing the previous copper items. Example of one of the new ones on the right:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182743&stc=1&d=1395959762

Intercooler pipework fitted, exhaust fitted, 4" alloy intake pipe fitted, K&N filter fitted, wastegate plumbed in, oil feed and return lined made up with Goodridge braided hoses and fitted, oxygen sensor refitted etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182746&stc=1&d=1395960024

All the other odds and sods finished off:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182755&stc=1&d=1395960711

New front drop links as the dust covers had split on the previous ones. The eagle eyed will notice I cut the old one off - pretty much to be expected if you find yourself replacing these:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182744&stc=1&d=1395959762

Calipers painted and Supra decals applied:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182749&stc=1&d=1395960318

Arches undersealed and brake discs tidied up (excuse the over spray on the friction surface, soon cleared after a drive :)). All four arches were done along with the sills which consisted of removing all the arch liners, skirts and side pods:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182750&stc=1&d=1395960318

4 new Toyo T1 Sports fitted to my wheels:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182747&stc=1&d=1395960318

Sneaky pic of the calipers through the wheels showing off my red nuts :innocent:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182751&stc=1&d=1395960318

Stuck some arm rest covers on for good measure to match my steering wheel:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182748&stc=1&d=1395960318

Nice shiny heater knobs to match my custom painted stereo:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182752&stc=1&d=1395960711

Frozen Supra badge :D:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182753&stc=1&d=1395960711

Decided to get a new front bumper as the old one was trimmed for my previous intercooler pipework. Wasn't really happy with the condition of it so had it resprayed, badge and number plate recess smoothed out along with ordering a polyurethane front lip from the States' and fitting that. The picture below is just with the bumper 'resting' on the lip to get an idea of the shape. Pictures further down show it all fitted:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182754&stc=1&d=1395960711

Doing the finishing touches:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182756&stc=1&d=1395961016

attachment.php?attachmentid=182757&stc=1&d=1395961016

Got a few photoshoots lined up in the future for some decent full car pics. I shall post up the results and will also try and get some vids up once mapping is finished.

Exhaust full system.JPG

Iridium plugs.JPG

New front drop links.JPG

New front drop links fitted.jpg

Mid way.JPG

Tyres fitted.JPG

Arm rest covers.JPG

Callipers painted.JPG

Front arch underseal 2.JPG

Caliper decal through wheel.JPG

Heater knobs.JPG

Frozen Supra badge.JPG