Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In true car parts in bedroom fashion....

I painted up the OEM intercooler brackets and attached them to the uprated Whifbitz SMIC over the weekend. I also mounted the shroud and used foam draft excluder to give a good seal around the intercooler so the air is forced straight through - maximise the efficiency and all that jazz. Second picture shows one of the gaps, last picture shows it now it's sealed up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180047&stc=1&d=1390778400

attachment.php?attachmentid=180048&stc=1&d=1390778400

attachment.php?attachmentid=180049&stc=1&d=1390778400

attachment.php?attachmentid=180050&stc=1&d=1390778400

Also, before carrying on with the re-assembly of the car I took the opportunity to touch up some areas that I had scratched whilst fitting the engine. Thanks to the help of my girlfriend wielding the trusty heat gun I managed to repaint the front cross member and the O/S strut tower in the stock 202 Astral black. Another one of those previous niggles now sorted and off the list :thumbs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=180055&stc=1&d=1390780031

Next job will be to fit the manifold, turbo and so on. Also need to get some O2 sensor blanking plates for the downpipe as I'm running a single threaded type O2 sensor instead of the stock type. I may also get a flexi added for peace of mind.

Oh, and I hope Jesse doesn't mind but I used a pic of his car to do a quick photoshop of how the wheels will look like on my car (well I just turned his car black :D)

attachment.php?attachmentid=180054&stc=1&d=1390779749

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

XXR.jpg

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Worlds most boring update alert! New rear tyres have come.. I was sad enough to check the dates on them and was pleased to find one tyre had been made 31st week of 2013 and the other in the 40th week - so not only were they a great price but they weren't old stock or anything like that :) For reference the tyres are 265/35/18 Toyo T1 Sports.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180482&stc=1&d=1391811300

Weather forecast for the weekend is stereotypically English but I'll be braving the weather and starting to fit the NA-T kit. Also, my downpipe has been dropped off to have a 4" long flexi added, additional O2 sensor boss welded on and two blanking plates made up to blank the factory two bolt O2 sensor bosses.

Slightly more interesting updates to follow tomorrow.. hopefully :D

IMG_0950.JPG

Ooh new rubber :) Where from dude?

If my car was running i'd come and lend a hand. My car is just sitting there waiting for new electrics and im bored now!

These were a bargain from "mytyres" although as a rule I've found Oponeo or Cam Skill to be the cheapest two 90% of the time - these were an exception.

Cheers bud, job I am least looking forward to is shortening the manifold studs as the XS Power manifold could be used with stock exhaust manifold studs whereas the Whifbitz item due to design etc. means the studs require shortening. No big issue but I don't want to balls it up :innocent:

i was just looking at these same sizes on love tyres, there fairly cheap! I heard the rubber is soft and they dont last long? used to run these on my civic, best buy!

I paid £247.16 for two delivered to my door, which I think is a great price! These are different to the old T1R and T1S as far as I'm aware, mine actually came with a 20'000 mile tread wear warranty (which I'm dubious about :D)

Edit - Just confirmed... Toyo made the T1S first off, then replaced by the T1R which has now been replaced by mine which are T1 Sports

Braved the weather this morning and did some more tinkering :)

Front assembly all back together including fitting a new front bumper reinforcement from Toyota, front crash bar with new bolts from Mr. T, coolant tank relocated to stock position, horn painted and refitted, radiator ducting (that has to be removed with a FMIC) refitted with new clips and the radiator clamps back on with the addition of a couple of stainless bolts.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180490&stc=1&d=1391876897

Stock TT offside towing hook fitted as it has the necessary tab for the SMIC to bolt up to.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180493&stc=1&d=1391876939

Whifbitz uprated SMIC (the latest revised version) fitted utilizing stock TT side mount brackets all round along with stock TT ducting to force air through it. Ducting fully sealed with draft excluder to stop any air escaping.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180491&stc=1&d=1391876897

Whifbitz log style manifold fitted along with shortening the center six of the eight manifold studs, fitting new manifold nuts provided in the NA-T kit and fitting OEM Toyota metal multi-layer manifold gaskets

attachment.php?attachmentid=180492&stc=1&d=1391876897

Turbo, oil feed and oil drain next maybe :)

Front end reassembled.JPG

SMIC fitted.JPG

Log manifold fitted.JPG

TT tow hook.JPG