• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any updates on the mapping??

Yep. Mapped a couple of weekends ago - goes like stink :D

Need a boost controller though asap because I'm only at wastegate pressure of 0.5 BAR. We first started mapping with the wastegate supposedly sprung to 0.9 BAR but it was making lots and lots of boost so some tinkering and burnt hands later I removed one of the two springs in the wastegate to bring the boost back down to sensible levels. Now it's literally just a case of installing the boost controller, whacking up the boost and another evening mapping :)

I'm using the car daily and it's great fun, I reckon it's quicker now than before even though I'm running mega low boost at the moment. More updates to come soon as I'm booked on track at Curborough Sprint Course just after the easter bank holiday. Hopefully we will get some Go Pro footage!

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

That looks brilliant! Glad you've got to this stage and it all seems to be done.

Are the brakes up to the task of stopping all this power now? :eyebrows:

I've never driven a Supra with UK brakes but as far as they go, my J specs seem pretty competent. I will probably know more post Curborough i.e if it ends up in a hedge then it needs a brake upgrade :D

Where are the vids?? :search::D

I actually have a little one to upload once I successfully sort a Youtube account :p

For now though here is a teaser photo from behind the scenes of a photoshoot done with mine and RobSRI's Supra earlier today. The proper shots will follow once the photographer has edited them - this one is just off my phone :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=183574&stc=1&d=1397342856

1544477_870362402990281_4394527099458526292_n.jpg

very nice looking cars, really want a black supra now.

Love the new wheels

Having front number plates should be optional in the UK :)

To be fair I've had no trouble at all for not running a front plate. I've been pulled over before and they checked round the car and still didn't mention it (on my first Supra). The only time it has come up was in conversation with an officer who was a car enthusiast himself and he advised I get a vinyl plate "like the Land Rovers stick on their bonnet" he said. Obviously, come MOT time, she has a full sized front plate :D

• 2 weeks later...
Yep. Mapped a couple of weekends ago - goes like stink :D

Need a boost controller though asap because I'm only at wastegate pressure of 0.5 BAR. We first started mapping with the wastegate supposedly sprung to 0.9 BAR but it was making lots and lots of boost so some tinkering and burnt hands later I removed one of the two springs in the wastegate to bring the boost back down to sensible levels. Now it's literally just a case of installing the boost controller, whacking up the boost and another evening mapping :)

I'm using the car daily and it's great fun, I reckon it's quicker now than before even though I'm running mega low boost at the moment. More updates to come soon as I'm booked on track at Curborough Sprint Course just after the easter bank holiday. Hopefully we will get some Go Pro footage!

I'm confused Rich (happens all the time). You're talking about removing a spring from the wastegate but I thought the wastegate in the kit came pre-sprung at 7psi which AFAIK is a single spring. Did you special order with a higher spring rate?

I'm confused Rich (happens all the time). You're talking about removing a spring from the wastegate but I thought the wastegate in the kit came pre-sprung at 7psi which AFAIK is a single spring. Did you special order with a higher spring rate?

Mine came with two springs installed (meant to be 14psi combined but it was making lots more) so I had to remove one of the two springs and re-assemble it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow amazing car. Any idea on power?

Cheers!

Not yet but it will be on the dyno next weekend hopefully :)

Just spent over an hour reading this thread. Very enjoyable. Well done mate. Looking forward to more pics.

Just read through this start to finish and thouroughly enjoyed it! Hoping to be running a very similar set up to yourself soon!

Thank you both. More pics, and more importantly I now have some vids to come shortly ;)