The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

Rich; way back in post #2 you were painting the block, gearbox and anciliaries red and silver.

Looks good. But what did you use? Is it some super special unobtainium based paint as used by NASA, or is it the good old rattle can?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rich; way back in post #2 you were painting the block, gearbox and anciliaries red and silver.

Looks good. But what did you use? Is it some super special unobtainium based paint as used by NASA, or is it the good old rattle can?

Good old fashioned Hammerite for the block, VHT silver in an aerosol for the rest :) Worked perfectly.

Good old fashioned Hammerite for the block, VHT silver in an aerosol for the rest :) Worked perfectly.

Hammerite ....... marvelous stuff just the same as Grandad used to have.

Rattle cans ....... right up there with Frozen Pizza as world changing developments, and a lot easier / quicker than polishing case Aluminium.

• 4 weeks later...
Sweet car mate and great write up, thanks for taking the time to post it all!

Thank you for the kind comments :)

Sad to make this update but unfortunately I have had to make the very tough decision to sell the Supra. It's a huge shame after the work and money I've put into her and I don't really want to have to justify my reasons on here but needless to say I wouldn't be selling her unless I felt it was absolutely necessary/the right thing to do. I think having to use the car as a daily driver has played a large part in this decision and unfortunately owning the Supra doesn't leave enough cash aside to buy/tax/insure run another vehicle alongside it. The car is already a fair chunk of the way through being returned back to a NA and the turbo kit has already gone, so please no PM's just yet.

I will undoubtedly return to Supra ownership in the future but it won't be for a long time yet I doubt. I've owned three so far (nearly four after a conversation the other day) so it's time to step away for a little while.

This should be no reflection on what has been an awesome car, enough to scare me silly on a number of occasions and bullet proof reliability. If anyone reads this thinking of going NA-T then my advice is do it :thumbs:

Guest British beef
Thank you for the kind comments :)

Sad to make this update but unfortunately I have had to make the very tough decision to sell the Supra. It's a huge shame after the work and money I've put into her and I don't really want to have to justify my reasons on here but needless to say I wouldn't be selling her unless I felt it was absolutely necessary/the right thing to do. I think having to use the car as a daily driver has played a large part in this decision and unfortunately owning the Supra doesn't leave enough cash aside to buy/tax/insure run another vehicle alongside it. The car is already a fair chunk of the way through being returned back to a NA and the turbo kit has already gone, so please no PM's just yet.

I will undoubtedly return to Supra ownership in the future but it won't be for a long time yet I doubt. I've owned three so far (nearly four after a conversation the other day) so it's time to step away for a little while.

This should be no reflection on what has been an awesome car, enough to scare me silly on a number of occasions and bullet proof reliability. If anyone reads this thinking of going NA-T then my advice is do it :thumbs:

Are you running stock internals what bhp can stock internals Handel cheers I'm looking at doing the same with the same kit

Rich can I ask you some questions

Of course :) Send me a PM may be easier.

Internals are stock, opted to go for a TT head gasket though to allow more boost in future (1.5 BAR) which would be good for over 500 bhp. With the stock head gasket you're limited to around 10/11 psi I believe which is still good for decent power.