The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone got plans for there car over the winter months?

Chris Bailey

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-heater matrix is priority one

-I want to put the 16" back on to protect my alloys during the winter as I will be driving the car on and off however I am in two minds on what to do, either keep it stock silver or respray the wheels. Tyres will need to go on too.

-Front driver side brakes are not totally free there is a bit of resistance when moving it whilst jacked so may need a rebuild kit

-I need new coil pack connectors and breather pipes

good thread! maybe we should re visit in spring to see what each of us has actually done...........

here's my list

Improvements / car stuff

1 - Front Brakes

2 - Roll Cage

3 - Shift Light?

4 - Aux gauging / lights?

5 - Drivers Seat

6 - Drivers Harness

7 - Pedal Extensions?

8 - Bonnet Pins / Boot Springs?

9 - Front Tow Hook?

10 - Geometry

11 - Rear ARB Droplinks?

12 - Torsen LSD

13 - Braided Brake Lines?

14 - Central Underbrace?

15 - Rear Brakes?

Maintenence / engine stuff

1 - Plugs

2 - Cam covers / Seals

3 - HT Leads

4 - Cap and Arm

5 - Waterpump?

6 - A/C Delete?

7 - Pulley Kit?

8 - Cam Belt?

erk. think i'll strike some of that lot off right away. prob the ones with the question marks, or it'll be off the road for a year! ;)

Most likely to be sitting in the garage doing nothing, have not had the time to do anything to her, was ment to go to the body shop for wider wings but that's on hold now... I don't know when I will be putting it back in the road either as I'm moving house in the summer and have loads to sort out

Putting it back together as undergoing full underside nut and bolt restoration at the moment. Have bits spread liberally around the house, garage, shed and my mates workshop in Essex Oh, and put some heating in the garage as it way to cold to be out there!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not much for me this Winter

Already the Supra has been to SRD to get it running properly and to fit SRD Radiator and Twin Electric Fan Kit

For the rest of the Winter I have a few little bits to do, mainly tidy up work, plan to polish a couple more bits

Get a nice Pulley Set, Polished Top Rad Pipe

but mainly I am saving up for a Syvecs and need to decide what to do Gearbox wise, so I am ready for when my W58 explodes