The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James's DJG Turbo Project

TheTurtleshead

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scotty 88

Good work lad am jealous at the 6 speed conversion :( am loving the car and the colour is fantastic!!! I'll be looking to be doing he 6 speed conversion too if you have any tips it would be a massive help thanks bud :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Ali :)

Not very interesting but I bought an APR Carbon Cooling Plate from Biebs, some lower runners from Benjy, and some almost new rear tyres from Jamie..!

Also had the hub face of the bells for my AP's machined down by 4mm as they were ludicrously thick, and the spigot didn't protrude far enough to centre the wheel. Not worried about them being weak as it's still thicker than the part of the bell where the disc mounts, and it's clamped up by the wheel studs.

However I am now concerned about the wheel clearing the caliper... guess I'll find out soon as the new discs are on order and they can go on. I think there's enough clearance from my test fitting though.. Worst case I need extended wheel studs and a 10mm hubcentric spacer :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=191787&stc=1&d=1411655325

attachment.php?attachmentid=191788&stc=1&d=1411655325

attachment.php?attachmentid=191789&stc=1&d=1411655325

image_2.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image.jpeg

Quite a few Twins Builds going on at the mo eh Philly!

Did you take your intercooler to Alex and Wayne for the fab work?

Yeah I took it to another shop. They are excellent. I'll post some pics up. I already have it mounted. Twins will be in the car by tomorrow!

Would love to see some of your work one day james as you are sot to far from me. let me know.

That's pretty terrible to be honest. I'm surprised HKS doesn't understand the technicalities of recirculating like that.

I was just surprised tbh... the rest of the kit(manifolds etc...) Is so nicely made that I expected this to be better.. Oh well it's getting sorted!

Unless anyone knows of a technical reason why it's better to induce back pressure on a wastegate when re-circulating?

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Looks awesome this mate, think biebs sold the twin kit to the right person :)

Thanks Will :) The welding isn't as neat and tidy as I'd like it to be, but it's getting there! It should be strong though as I'm purging it all properly and trying not to overheat it too much.

I have a list of fittings that I need, and I'm now looking into ordering them all up next week.... So It can imminently go on the car!!