The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James' 1997 RZ VVTi T88-34D Single Turbo - Respray and new CCWs [pg 32]

James

Dont do it, nur arches look nice but it's a lot of money and you will never get the finish of a metal arch! even worse with your car being black.

Right from the horses mouth :) I was going to ask you about them before taking a plunge on them buddy :) Interesting to hear though! Thanks for the input Jamie :thumbs:

Stock body all the way mate...don't waste your money!

+1

Your CCW's look ace on your stock body.

+2 , exterior is finished ;) Maybe some engine tidy up with , engine bay boxs etc and a clean

Oh guys I love the stock body and the Classics look amazing against it, there is no doubt about that! Just having the cheeky thought :) If not going to be worthwhile then I probably won't bother and will just get torn in to the interior then! :)

As for the engine bay, I'm fine with it as is just now Mr Bean :) (sorry, couldn't help myself :D ). Once I go for some new bits next year for under the bonnet then I may have a couple of bits reworked. I don't want it to be tucked or anything though. Functional works for me - but maybe some shine or something. I have plenty of time :)

As for the engine bay, I'm fine with it as is just now Mr Bean :) (sorry, couldn't help myself :D ). Once I go for some new bits next year for under the bonnet then I may have a couple of bits reworked. I don't want it to be tucked or anything though. Functional works for me - but maybe some shine or something. I have plenty of time :)

I am definitely function over form , I would stay away from too many shiney things; nightmare to keep on top of them, cam covers are probably the only shiney pieces I will do

I would keep you cash for a rainy day of maybe get some nice seats, and new OEM dash panels/Plastic dip satin black (if they look a bit tired)

I wouldnt go too crazy on the interior, a clean stock interior is the best with maybe some seats like the Bride Brix II leather, Gias or stradia

I am definitely function over form , I would stay away from too many shiney things; nightmare to keep on top of them, cam covers are probably the only shiney pieces I will do

I would keep you cash for a rainy day of maybe get some nice seats, and new OEM dash panels/Plastic dip satin black (if they look a bit tired)

I wouldnt go too crazy on the interior, a clean stock interior is the best with maybe some seats like the Bride Brix II leather, Gias or stradia

Haha yeah it wouldn't be a bling bay at all! I'd maybe have the turbine housing done and a strut brace is about it haha!

I have nice seats - OEM Recaro confetti for the passenger and Recaro SPG driver. Just need to re-cover the SPG. :) The dash panels are absolutely fine. The only things I really want to do are get some Takatas, a different wheel (the Momo I have looks tired) and a cage/tension set. :)

• 1 month later...

Well, after 9 weeks of a slumber party at a friend's place since my ankle injury, the car will be coming home on Friday :D

I foresee a lot of layers of wax and wheel polishing in the near future. Hopefully the wheels come up like new as they haven't been tended to for too long now. :)

Just watched that video you posted :D Love that noise

That noise is sex.

:D Cheers fellas, I am fond of it also ;)

Is the ankle all better James??

On the mend for sure bud - it has been 9 weeks since the injury so far, with another op to go in 5 weeks time (screws coming back out!). It is certainly healing well though and I'll be back in the Supra soon enough :)

In fact, I got the car home on Friday after giving it a quick wash:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10171035_496068757164353_910710789_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10170780_496068803831015_198900366_n.jpg

It was great to get my hands on it again and sort it out a little! :)

Now I just need to fix the coilpack issue, get a new clear facelift repeater, change/fix the Recaro SPG (bolster wear/damage) and polish the wheels up. :thumbs:

With my ankle on the mend, I'm looking more and more forward to getting back behind the wheel of the car. It has been far too long since I have heard this noise :D

I expected to see some drifts in this video, am a little disappointed :p

Glad your Ankle's on the mend though mate, you'll be back driving her just in time for the good weather hopefully :D

• 2 weeks later...

This week has been a very productive one with the car! I managed to drive it for the first time since January 26th on Thursday evening, taking it out to Kieran's (monsween) for some work on the wheels :)

Before heading out, I decided to buy a new battery. I opted to stay with the Halfords HB154 that was in the car when I bought it. Quite small at 270 amps, but it works a treat. Interestingly, changing it has made my boost issue disappear. :blink: The car boosted to 0.97bar with the boost controller off, and then 1.0bar on low boost and 1.3bar on high boost as before. Strange.

Anyway, moving onto the wheels! I used a Mothers PowerBall on a drill like so:

http://www.twowheelmania.com/wp-content/Libraries/ARTDTL/Mothers-Powerball-On-Drill.sflb.ashx

and some Autosol polish to clean them up. :) Here is a before & in progress pic:

attachment.php?attachmentid=183639&stc=1&d=1397414325

They are still not finished, but are coming up great considering the state they were in (having sat outside under trees for 11 weeks during the rubbish weather :( ) :

attachment.php?attachmentid=183640&stc=1&d=1397414533

attachment.php?attachmentid=183641&stc=1&d=1397414533

attachment.php?attachmentid=183642&stc=1&d=1397414533

Following on, proud in the knowledge that the wheels would clean up nicely as long as I put in the necessary groundwork, I thought to just enjoy being back behind the wheel again!

My friend Pete is back over at the moment and invited me to a Crail Raceway drag day. We have spoken previously about seeing how his supercharged 350Z compares to my Supra, so I thought it would be good fun to give it a go for the first time...

I definitely need a lot of practice with drag racing :D My times were terrible :lol: The Crail surface isn't great anyway, but I wasn't doing myself any favours. Either I'd bog down a bit or just light up the wheels for the first 100ft or so! :rolleyes: My best time was a 13.1 at 113.9mph. That was with a 2.332 60ft time though, which is not so good! I need to work on bringing this down. Hopefully I can get into 12s from there and then look towards 11s with drag radials etc. :) My proud moment was the 0.07 reaction time :D I did have 2 runs where I went 1st, 2nd, 5th and hit 14.0 each time. Oops. :innocent: I'll get there though :)

It felt so good to be back behind the wheel again. :thumbs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=183645&stc=1&d=1397415754

photo 1-16.jpg

photo 2-16.jpg

photo 3-12.jpg

photo 4-12.jpg

photo 1-15.jpg

photo 2-15.jpg

photo 3-11.jpg

photo 4-11.jpg

photo 5-10.jpg