The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James' 1997 RZ VVTi T88-34D Single Turbo - Respray and new CCWs [pg 32]

James

Well I managed to finish the claying and then put a couple of layers of glaze on, followed by some wax. I'll do another wax coat tomorrow and that will probably have to do it for this weekend (I won't have time to do anything else! :D). It has turned out alright so far!

attachment.php?attachmentid=203143&stc=1&d=1437090013

attachment.php?attachmentid=203140&stc=1&d=1437090013

attachment.php?attachmentid=203142&stc=1&d=1437090013

attachment.php?attachmentid=203141&stc=1&d=1437090013

attachment.php?attachmentid=203144&stc=1&d=1437090013

:thumbs:

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

Looking exceptional James! Depth of shine is :thumbs:

Fancy doing mine on sunday haha

Cheers Marc - I'm pretty happy with it. Just need to hope that the drive down isn't too dirt-inducing haha!

As for doing yours... naaa :D

Nothing like a freshly waxed black Supra. :love:

:thumbs:

Very nice mate.

More shots with the wheels pls ;)

Thanks Luc. I'll get some on Sunday at the show as I still need to go over them again!

I think I'm going to sell them after this 'show season' though. Fancy a change to something else. Maybe LM5s :)

• 4 weeks later...

There were a few good pictures from the Scottish Car Show last month, with this one being my favourite (thanks Westy :thumbs:)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/11705254_457328111136555_7647852968525157788_n.jpg?oh=c4c7c8d4ef87361ddff9081d378888a7&oe=5647BD0D

As per my previous post, I decided to offer my CCW Classics for sale when someone was querying whether there were any nice 18" wheels available. They are sold pending payment. :)

I'm going to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels next week as I've been double and triple checking my measurements to make sure that they'll fit ok.

I'll be going for CCW LM5T 3 piece this time. Fully polished again. 18x10 ET36 up front and 18x12 ET44 rear. :thumbs:

There were a few good pictures from the Scottish Car Show last month, with this one being my favourite (thanks Westy :thumbs:)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/11705254_457328111136555_7647852968525157788_n.jpg?oh=c4c7c8d4ef87361ddff9081d378888a7&oe=5647BD0D

As per my previous post, I decided to offer my CCW Classics for sale when someone was querying whether there were any nice 18" wheels available. They are sold pending payment. :)

I'm going to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels next week as I've been double and triple checking my measurements to make sure that they'll fit ok.

I'll be going for CCW LM5T 3 piece this time. Fully polished again. 18x10 ET36 up front and 18x12 ET44 rear. :thumbs:

Nice choice buddy :) ready to send payment when you're ready to ship :)

Oh LM5T's, theyr unreal, my brother bought them for his civic

Ther for me are the best wheel they have at the moment,

Alot of ther wheels have a very flat 2D face to them

These are the total opposite, really are beautiful

Cant wait to see some pics on

My bro dont want me bying them for my Supra :')

Edited by Supra.SZ-R (see edit history)

Yep fully polished again, though they'll be getting loads of protection before fitting so that they stay clean this time :D

Nice :cool: You got any products in mind that you're going to use? I could do with adding a few coats of something to mine before they go on as well!

Nice :cool: You got any products in mind that you're going to use? I could do with adding a few coats of something to mine before they go on as well!

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c5-wheel-armour

This will be going on before the wheels go near the car this time! Either that or Nanolex. Both crazy stuff! :)

Then I'll just use Poorboys Wheel Sealant (the pink stuff) over the top of that. :thumbs:

Back on the stock 17s now as the CCWs are off and getting packaged up ready for shipping.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10391378_545644839603_6406845539366210339_n.jpg?oh=56e71920bccbaf9054d4d902417033c5&oe=5642B228

Need to change the plugs and oil again soon. I also have some CW fast road pads to fit at some point too. I should really do that instead of looking at BBKs :lol:

When your car looks stunning on stock wheels... You know you've done something right. :D

:thumbs: Thanks mate! It gets away with it due to the wheels being black I suppose. Those ET Streets on the rear hook rather well too. :)

James we both know the logical step is to buy a BBK... Sell the pads to help the fund!

Don't you start :D

I have other things I really need to look into before brakes so just a fluid change and pads should keep me right for now :)

Made use of the Opie offer and have some Fuchs Titan Pro S 10W-50 engine oil and Silkolene Syn5 75W-90 diff oil on the way to try :)

Going to order a Nardi Deep Corn wheel, 60mm quick release spacer and HKB boss just now (need to make sure I get the right one!) and sell my Momo TYP D35 KBA 70116 and boss that was on there (I tried a Jimmy Up wheel and preferred how it felt to the Momo, and how it was positioned).

Also just missed out on a Syvecs last night/this morning, so I'm keeping an eye out :D

• 2 weeks later...

MOT on Tuesday, so I figured that it was probably a good idea to get some different rear tyres to the Mickey Thompson ET Streets for the rears :D

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta seemed to be pretty well regarded, so I picked up a pair of those in 255/40/17. Should do for over the winter/any time the new CCWs aren't going to be on. :thumbs:

Now on the hunt for a matching OEM confetti Recaro (driver side) as the SPG fixed bucket has seen better days. It needs to come out, get repaired and stay out until my vivacious curves reduce enough that they would stop damaging it :lol: :D

• 3 weeks later...