The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James' 1997 RZ VVTi T88-34D Single Turbo - Respray and new CCWs [pg 32]

James

So weird that your rear plate flew off as well!?

I've got my replacement but has anyone got any suggestions/links to a strong adhesive tape!?

Cars looking great buddy!:thumbs:

This is the strong adhesive tape I'm going to use this time:

http://washford.scene7.com/is/image/Washford/698563?$PDP_MAIN$

:lol:

I'll just buy more as and when :thumbs:

I'd rather that than having to continually replace a disappearing plate haha!

The other option, of course, being to finally paint and fit the UK spec rear. But then I'll have to drill for the diffuser again. Urgh. :)

how are you fitting your private plates ??

you need to buy proper number plate stickies then fill centre section up so level then fill the full bar with 4 stickies across..

(then you will be fine)

That is what I did...I put mine down to the freakishly hot Aberdeen weather that day.

how are you fitting your private plates ??

you need to buy proper number plate stickies then fill centre section up so level then fill the full bar with 4 stickies across..

(then you will be fine)

The original plate from when I picked the car up was just held on with a pad (well, a couple built up to extrude enough) each side. The passenger side was less sticky than the driver side, causing the plate to sag down and rest on the recess slightly. I then built it up again with new pads when I changed it, but to no avail.

It'll be easier just bolting. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next thing that I am on the lookout for is a set of winter wheels, even if just to stand the car on if I choose not to use it over the next while, as I want to get the CCWs inside and clean them up nicely and sealed in prep for next year. :)

I might also be keeping an eye out for cams and there may be a slight chance that I will get the boost controller set up for higher boost and have the map checked out to make sure it is all good for that... :D

Or you could just swap your ccw's for my xxr's and not worry! Haha! :innocent:

In all seriousness I love this car and more boost can only make it better! :D

You not going to be using the car over winter?

You could lend me your XXRs over winter yep, but the CCWs will be staying with me too ;) :D

I will probably use it for a little while but when the bad weather starts properly setting in then I'll be parked up and keeping it pretty instead. :) I don't have a daily though, so a bus pass may be the best bet :lol:

You could lend me your XXRs over winter yep, but the CCWs will be staying with me too ;) :D

I will probably use it for a little while but when the bad weather starts properly setting in then I'll be parked up and keeping it pretty instead. :) I don't have a daily though, so a bus pass may be the best bet :lol:

Haha damn! Worth a try! :p

Yep I put mine away yesterday because I would hardly be using it in the next little while anyway. Bit of a shame though! Oh and I am now on a bus and can confirm - it sucks! Haha! :D

Next thing up for consideration is whether to pounce on one of the carbon windscreen scuttle panels from Whifbitz. I don't want to go over the top with the carbon on the exterior of the car, but I see special offer prices and think that it'd be a wise idea (they look great too anyway, and I don't have that much carbon on there - just the lip and diffuser! :D ).

It looks good against the black too:

I also need winter wheels soon. It is getting chilly and cleaning the CCWs takes long enough when I'm enthusiastic about it nevermind when I'm freezing haha!

Next thing up for consideration is whether to pounce on one of the carbon windscreen scuttle panels from Whifbitz. I don't want to go over the top with the carbon on the exterior of the car, but I see special offer prices and think that it'd be a wise idea (they look great too anyway, and I don't have that much carbon on there - just the lip and diffuser! :D ).

It looks good against the black too:

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/whifbitzcarbonsuprawindscreenpanel.jpg

I also need winter wheels soon. It is getting chilly and cleaning the CCWs takes long enough when I'm enthusiastic about it nevermind when I'm freezing haha!

Bite the bullet mate, at those prices you are not about to loose out if you decide its not for you after all :thumbs:, Although i suspect you will love it!!!!

Bite the bullet mate, at those prices you are not about to loose out if you decide its not for you after all :thumbs:, Although i suspect you will love it!!!!

I'm saying it like I've not already made up my mind haha! I just need to get on with it and actually purchase it! Just a shame, all of the Scottish Supras are going to be adorning the same aftermarket parts haha!

As a side note, the car will be getting another nice little run to Glasgow and back on Saturday. Hopefully the weather stays on my side for letting me stretch its legs. :)