The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DragonCol 2013 - 25th and 26th October (Attendance)

Branners

I don't think there's time for polls. A lot of us are committed to going already.

If you guys up there want to organise something, get on with it and be sharp about it! We need to make sure cars can be accommodated, will be secure and the routes will be good. Throw in a decent hotel and good food and you'll be alright. Arse around and people will get disinterested very quickly - talk is cheap, action takes a bit more effort. Branners has already spent a lot of time and taken a great deal of effort organising the current routes and event - will take something special to move us away from it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think there's time for polls. A lot of us are committed to going already.

If you guys up there want to organise something, get on with it and be sharp about it! We need to make sure cars can be accommodated, will be secure and the routes will be good. Throw in a decent hotel and good food and you'll be alright. Arse around and people will get disinterested very quickly - talk is cheap, action takes a bit more effort. Branners has already spent a lot of time and taken a great deal of effort organising the current routes and event - will take something special to move us away from it.

Just leave as is then.

Talk may be cheap, but to take action I need more details. Can't go sorting stuff out without numbers etc. How can I go and try and get discounts on hotels and restaurants and make sure there is enough room for everyone if I don't know how much room I need? What is the point if I don't even know who is interested in going further north?

Nevermind, as it is gonna cause a load of ball ache just leave it for another time. I'm sure Branners has done another sterling job and looking forward to this. If you lot fancy heading up north again I will help out and find you some cracking routes.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter where it is. It is a get together to remember a friend of this site who is sadly no longer with us. So lets get on with it and get the party started.

• 2 months later...

Im planning on picking this up on Monday and working out the hotels. Might need a local to give some guidelines on whats safe and whats not south of Glasgow. Might still bump the route round a bit and do Glasgow to south of Edinburgh, but having left time short I may not have time.

I'm only about 45miles from the Dumfries area but may well stay overnight on the 5th for beer.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly I shall no longer be taking part in this great event to mark the passing of a friend.

Instead I shall have my own personal tribute in the Cathedral.

Sorry to hear that Ellis.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like an interesting plan.

I've not been on any meet ups this year due to lack of free time, actually my Supra has only done a few hundred miles this summer :(

If there is a google route plan for this event then I could see if I could make it. Need to give the Sup a good run out before winter sets in.

I have done a couple of driving holidays in jockland and I have to say that the roads north of Glasgow going past Loch Lomond and northwards are fantastic.

Going deep in to the highlands would actually be a very long journey just for a weekend (even if the roads and scenery are great - and they truly are), but the route to Oban is a good scenic route with a picturesque destination that possibly isn't 'too far' ?

Guys can we have a rough idea on the numbers of members hoping to attend this, hotels are all but booked, routes are planned but numbers would help the process.

There have been major setbacks but hopefully we can still make some sort of event happen for such a special club member.

Hopefully with the numbers we can have something in stone for this weekend.

Thanks in advance chaps :thumbs:

Would postponing it for a couple of weeks make any difference to you guys? Really want to try and pull this one out of the ashes if at all possible, Sunny is on the case rallying troops via FB. I had the opinion that it may be a little too late for the current schedule but that if it was put back a little it may allow for a bit more flexibility for people?

Thanks Scott :thumbs:

I reckon this idea of postponing could well work dependant on the schedules of the people who may attend, it would certainly give us a more precise picture of the event from start to finish. My only concerns are for the people who have already taken leave for this event, but I'm sure we will be able to find out once everyone replies to this thread.

I will PM you my number Scott, or via FB, hopefully you have Whatsapp and I can add you into the discussion group.

:D