The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DragonCol 2013 - 25th and 26th October (Attendance)

Branners

I agree. If you northern chappies want to organise this you have pretty good local knowledge. Bear in mind all the factors in terms of parking, sleeping, eating etc and the reason we do DragonCol - to celebrate the life our our good friend - so somewhere to pay our respects and have a few minutes of private thought would be good. I still have quite a few orange candles at home so would be good to stop somewhere where we can light them as a memory of Colin. As before, I shall light a large orange candle in Lincoln Cathedral which can burn for the duration of the trip.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If people are not driving up till Friday then it wont be enough time to get up to Glen Coe and beyond if it's sunday that folks are going home. If someone from up here wants to organize it then fine but it wont be me. Dumfries etc is all there will be time for anyway.

If people are not driving up till Friday then it wont be enough time to get up to Glen Coe and beyond if it's sunday that folks are going home. If someone from up here wants to organize it then fine but it wont be me. Dumfries etc is all there will be time for anyway.

Your right though Loch Lomond is do-able in a day Fort William is a bit far like as a return trip.

Agreed, it be good if one of the Scottish folks picked this up. Whenever we organise any of the DB we do rely on local information (or experience from past visits). This helps massively as then Branners isn't spending weeks going through routes, the stops are the difficult ones and in England we don't have many huge stopping points which will make it even more difficult. So basically what I am saying is you need to bully SPG into doing it seeing as he is a Mod :D

Mod prejudice! Me too! :D

Though, to be honest, being up in Aberdeen my knowledge of the worthwhile roads at the lower half of Scotland is not so great either. :)

Mod prejudice! Me too! :D

Though, to be honest, being up in Aberdeen my knowledge of the worthwhile roads at the lower half of Scotland is not so great either. :)

I know you are James but it would be far more fun watching Sunny squirm :D

I believe Branners already has a great route planned, so the event would either need to build on it or continue further up North.

I'm coming up from Kent, but will drop the wife off in Edinburgh on the Thursday or Friday and then will travel back on Monday and am flexible.

I know Branners has been working his a off trying to sort these events this year and has planned the route, so of people want to change they should step p to the plate!

I'm coming up from Kent, but will drop the wife off in Edinburgh on the Thursday or Friday and then will travel back on Monday and am flexible.

I know Branners has been working his a off trying to sort these events this year and has planned the route, so of people want to change they should step p to the plate!

^ This ^

Either take a sh1t or get off the potty!

Let me have a poke about and see what routes and places there is. Will have a proper look tomorrow. Would you guys like to go further north? I am all for Branners route but if you guys fancy going further then I will try and help Branners out. Just need a rough number to make sure we could be accommodated at any stops etc.

I think branners route will be the best option with it only being a few days.

If there was more time then a good drive up the west coast and islands would be epic but the weather in October may not be too kind.

Maybe summer next year would be more suited to a 3-4 night trip further north