The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DragonCol 2013 - 25th and 26th October (Attendance)

Branners

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Works for me, I might even hang about and go to John O'groats just so I know I have gone to the furthest point.

Edit: Are translators provided so we can communicate with our northern brothers???

Haha of course mate not a problem.

If the start place is Glasgow fu## me Glen Coe is 1hr 30mins from Glasgow and its epicness from then on. To be honest if its the first supra trip to Scotland at least make it one to remember. No offence but Dumfries and the borders is piss poor if you want to experience a true Scotland trip. The borders is a cop out do it do it right and get it right or go back to England and say yeah Scotland was ok.....OR go back to England and say Scotland was the best trip I've ever been on. The west coast from Loch Lomond to fort William and beyond has the best driving roads in the uk. People say Wales is great and the scenery is lovely yes it is but it's fu## all on Scotland. The club is about the driving experience of taking you're supra on a road trip of breath taking scenery long twisty unpoliced roads and give you're beast the kicking it deserves in a place that's a playground for a tuned car. For the masses that think Scotland is too far a trip and won't pay the petrol. Come on guys n girls driving the car is what it's all about. Who cares how far it goes ill guarantee with every extra mile north up the west coast The more it will make the trip worth while. You don't need a passport (yet) :)?or a ferry or euro tunnel. This is part of the uk give it a chance for one year and actually explore what you have in the North. Yes I'm Scottish yea I'm bias of where I live and your damn right I want my friends and family and club members to experience what I see every day and share the beauty of where I live. If DragonCol goes to the borders and Dumfries then ok you will have a good time but Let's be honest this Scotland trip in Oct is probably a one time deal and won't be explored again. You get one life folks one chance it's not a rehearsal for a better trip or life. Make every mile in you're supra count because you never know when you will get to do it again. For me a Scotland trip means Glasgow start and west coast epicness from then on. Check online check the biker forums of the best Scottish routes and hospitality and ill guarantee Glen Coe and the west coast north is in the top 5 for driving roads. People go on holiday to foreign places year on year and never explore what is on their doorstep. Give it a chance guys even if it takes an extra day off your work. Put it this way hundreds of years ago England wanted Scotland as its own broaden you're mind and come and see why!!!

This was written after a bbq and lots of beer on reflection reading this I should work for the Scottish Tourist Board hahaha!

If the start place is Glasgow fu## me Glen Coe is 1hr 30mins from Glasgow and its epicness from then on. To be honest if its the first supra trip to Scotland at least make it one to remember. No offence but Dumfries and the borders is piss poor if you want to experience a true Scotland trip. The borders is a cop out do it do it right and get it right or go back to England and say yeah Scotland was ok.....OR go back to England and say Scotland was the best trip I've ever been on. The west coast from Loch Lomond to fort William and beyond has the best driving roads in the uk. People say Wales is great and the scenery is lovely yes it is but it's fu## all on Scotland. The club is about the driving experience of taking you're supra on a road trip of breath taking scenery long twisty unpoliced roads and give you're beast the kicking it deserves in a place that's a playground for a tuned car. For the masses that think Scotland is too far a trip and won't pay the petrol. Come on guys n girls driving the car is what it's all about. Who cares how far it goes ill guarantee with every extra mile north up the west coast The more it will make the trip worth while. You don't need a passport (yet) :)?or a ferry or euro tunnel. This is part of the uk give it a chance for one year and actually explore what you have in the North. Yes I'm Scottish yea I'm bias of where I live and your damn right I want my friends and family and club members to experience what I see every day and share the beauty of where I live. If DragonCol goes to the borders and Dumfries then ok you will have a good time but Let's be honest this Scotland trip in Oct is probably a one time deal and won't be explored again. You get one life folks one chance it's not a rehearsal for a better trip or life. Make every mile in you're supra count because you never know when you will get to do it again. For me a Scotland trip means Glasgow start and west coast epicness from then on. Check online check the biker forums of the best Scottish routes and hospitality and ill guarantee Glen Coe and the west coast north is in the top 5 for driving roads. People go on holiday to foreign places year on year and never explore what is on their doorstep. Give it a chance guys even if it takes an extra day off your work. Put it this way hundreds of years ago England wanted Scotland as its own broaden you're mind and come and see why!!!

Great post. Whilst I'm up that way, I'd love to see it. After all, it's only one more tank of fuel, just have a few beers less to pay for it.

Good post.

You can't describe how good the roads are you will need to see them. I am lucky I drive out my street and turn left and after 5 mins the scenery starts. It is beautiful.

Coming back from Elgin after a show I took Ross C a drive down through Aviemore into Fort William then through Glencoe, the Supras legs were well and truly stretched. He had never been down that road before strangely but he had a massive grin after it.

More than happy to back away from this and let locals arrange it if anybody wants to volunteer.

You would need to find a cheap Travelodge or similar for the Friday night for everybody, a route on the Saturday starting at 9.30am, driving until noon (about 80 miles), an hour and a half for lunch, then another 80 miles or so to a fairly nice hotel with room prices about £80 a night or so and a bar. Needs good parking for the Friday hotel, the Saturday lunch stop and the Saturday evening hotel. Bear in mind you may have people coming from Devon, Cornwall, Kent, London and everywhere in between so assume they will have driven 9 hours just to get there on the Friday and the same back on the Sunday.

More than happy to back away from this and let locals arrange it if anybody wants to volunteer.

You would need to find a cheap Travelodge or similar for the Friday night for everybody, a route on the Saturday starting at 9.30am, driving until noon (about 80 miles), an hour and a half for lunch, then another 80 miles or so to a fairly nice hotel with room prices about £80 a night or so and a bar. Needs good parking for the Friday hotel, the Saturday lunch stop and the Saturday evening hotel. Bear in mind you may have people coming from Devon, Cornwall, Kent, London and everywhere in between so assume they will have driven 9 hours just to get there on the Friday and the same back on the Sunday.

So no pressure then! :D

You really sum it up perfectly mate. As Liam said, I chased him down through Fort William, Glen Coe and Loch Lomond on a glorious day and have never had a better driving experience. It is the most beautiful part of Scotland IMO.

Yes I've watched and watched and watched and watched and watched Ross C drive away many times :D

Yeah but can never flee far from him as his TT catches up quickly, then its back to the sex dungeon :taped:

I, in no way, have the intelligence or organisational skills to sort something like this out but there is a Travelodge next to Xscape Glasgow that is £29 a night on Friday the 4th October. Xscape is where the locals have the main meets and is a very good hub for a starting point.

IMO it would also be an idea to segment the cars into smaller groups if there are more than 10 and have pre-set stopping points where we all meet up on the route but I do not know the roads as well as other members.

Just speaking my mind.

Edited by Ross C (see edit history)

Being from the borders I can speak :D

The roads here are good, nice scenery of the rolling hills o the borders!

It's great, but if you want to see what Scotland actually means we need to go further up. Yes I can imagine the club strolling through my town and boy I'd get it advertised on FB but a Scottish trip really is Loch Lomond, Glen Coe etc that's where Scottish shows off its beauty!

Just my two piece, be great having the club rolling in my turf but I think it'd be amazing being further up :)

If its driving up Friday and back down Sunday for the Southern members it doesn't give a lot of time to go any further north than Dumfries. To be honest to get further north it would need to leaving Glasgow on the Friday to start the journey to enjoy it. To quote a great man "going as far as Dumfries is like a five year old going to the gates of Disneyland and not going in" when we go to pod we usually leave on Thursday for the 1200 mile round trip.

I disagree, its like taking a 5 year old to Disneyland Paris rather than Disneyworld, but then you can make it to Disneyland and back without taking a one week holiday!

So before I carry on with the organising, does anybody local want to pick this up? As I have said before, these take quite a bit of my time to organise so I would happily step back and let somebody local do it.

Oh, and a couple of views from the route I have mapped out

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I disagree, its like taking a 5 year old to Disneyland Paris rather than Disneyworld, but then you can make it to Disneyland and back without taking a one week holiday!

So before I carry on with the organising, does anybody local want to pick this up? As I have said before, these take quite a bit of my time to organise so I would happily step back and let somebody local do it.

Oh, and a couple of views from the route I have mapped out

I think we should let Branners do it tbh, judging from those views he really knows what he's doing :D there looking good so far mate, nice one :thumbs:

I think we should let Branners do it tbh, judging from those views he really knows what he's doing :D there looking good so far mate, nice one :thumbs:

I disagree, let the boss sit back and relax for a change! He must have put hundreds of hours into organising the dragonball, theres plenty of locals who know the best routes up there and would have a decent idea from the off where to go and what to see, like tonys comment above, its a bit much expecting him to spend hours trawling through google street view again trying to sort out a decent route, and then to organise the 20th anniversary stuff too! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, let the boss sit back and relax for a change! He must have put hundreds of hours into organising the dragonball, theres plenty of locals who know the best routes up there and would have a decent idea from the off where to go and what to see, like tonys comment above, its a bit much expecting him to spend hours trawling through google street view again trying to sort out a decent route, and then to organise the 20th anniversary stuff too! :)

Agreed, it be good if one of the Scottish folks picked this up. Whenever we organise any of the DB we do rely on local information (or experience from past visits). This helps massively as then Branners isn't spending weeks going through routes, the stops are the difficult ones and in England we don't have many huge stopping points which will make it even more difficult. So basically what I am saying is you need to bully SPG into doing it seeing as he is a Mod :D

[/Quote]

Very good point dude! Completely forgot about the anniversary stuff as well, well then I wonder what the local boys can organise for this :)