The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project UFO ! Restoration after over 7 years of neglect

supra_ufo

Just read all of your updates since my last post. Very nice work. :) It's good to see attention being paid to both mechanicals and aesthetics. :cool:

Oh and as stated, your new front bumper is (even with the MVP lip, which I'm not really a fan of...) 1,000,000 times better than the old one!! Good work. :thumbs:

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have updated post 106 with some pictures at the bodyshop that I took, still waiting on him to send me the prep ones.

Just read all of your updates since my last post. Very nice work. :) It's good to see attention being paid to both mechanicals and aesthetics. :cool:

Oh and as stated, your new front bumper is (even with the MVP lip, which I'm not really a fan of...) 1,000,000 times better than the old one!! Good work. :thumbs:

Cheers Dave. The old bumper wasnt that bad was it? :p

thanks mate, believe me its been a tough journey but with help from this forum and members (Iky being 1) I have gotten through some sticky situations. I am still far from issues though, currently have a boost leak (I know where from) and my speedo has stopped working all together, and noticed a knock/tappety noise when going over bumps. Suspect its the lower ball joint :(

I can see! You've had your fair share of problems with it, but its at that kind of age now where parts wear and perish, its to be expected. The best thing about it is when it all works as it should (I can see you are almost there now) you will have full confidence in it, knowing most parts have been taken off, checked over, replaced with new items. It will be as good as new, keep up the great work, and more pics please!

I think hecklers led front indicators would set off your car an absolute treat, they are a perfect fitment, and you get your led DRL w/indicator too :)

I can see! You've had your fair share of problems with it, but its at that kind of age now where parts wear and perish, its to be expected. The best thing about it is when it all works as it should (I can see you are almost there now) you will have full confidence in it, knowing most parts have been taken off, checked over, replaced with new items. It will be as good as new, keep up the great work, and more pics please!

I think hecklers led front indicators would set off your car an absolute treat, they are a perfect fitment, and you get your led DRL w/indicator too :)

Cheers mate, once I get those issues sorted I will take some more photos.

I was going to go back to the bodyshop and cut those indicator bolt holes out and reposition the DRL. I would of loved a set of hecklers indicators/DRL, but I missed out on his group buy and he always seems to be working away :( (if anyone wants to sell theres I would be interested). I may change my mind because they are fairly huge and I like the thinner DRL, makes it look a bit more modern :) hmmm decisions.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice photos mate. Looks great!

thanks Iky

I have finally sorted my boost leak! I believe it was the engine side where I was getting my leak from so I swapped the jubalee for a clamp instead, I adjusted the pipe work again so it was not against the bumper and all seems well :) I just have to relocate and fix my autobox cooler, its just tied up with cable ties at the minute but ill do this during the "winter".

Now I need to sort my speedo issue, question I hit full boost earlier to test for leaks and my engine light came on and warning light, could this just be related to the speedo not working as prior to take it for a run I was not getting any warnings at all. There is no engine light on when I bought it home, switched it off and back on.

Cleaned my car for the bodyshop tomorrow, he is going to resolve the issues

As you can see from the picture my window is misting so I need to go through rics post and check all the seals ill do that once its back. My head light has started misting and its never been apart. Im tempted to buy a set of new UK specs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193844&stc=1&d=1415552789

attachment.php?attachmentid=193845&stc=1&d=1415552789

attachment.php?attachmentid=193847&stc=1&d=1415552789

attachment.php?attachmentid=193846&stc=1&d=1415552789

attachment.php?attachmentid=193849&stc=1&d=1415552838

attachment.php?attachmentid=193851&stc=1&d=1415553059

attachment.php?attachmentid=193850&stc=1&d=1415552838

image[1].jpg

tesocarpark-1.jpg

tesocarpark-2.jpg

tesocarpark-3.jpg

tesocarpark-4.jpg

tesocarpark-5.jpg

image[4].jpg

tesocarpark-6.jpg

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

Looks awesome Naz!! Really love this colour, its looks mint in the pics but it so much nicer in person aswell, The glanza scoop looks oem, it looks so much better compared to the stock uk oem scoop

cheers marc, colour is so much better now, when you saw it the paint job was at least 8 years old and done by a back street garage. Im happy with my choice in scoop, this is how toyota should of made it IMO :) best thing I can buy accessories for it too :)

Closed Scoop (jam style)

Open scoop in Carbon

Reverse Scoop Carbon

Looks great mate, love that colour in the flesh!

Yeah My missus had a reverse scoop on her's i prefer the open forward facing though, but having the option is always a bonus, toyota defintley missed a trick with it like, the uk scoop looks like a ripspeed add on imo :D

Exactly what I was thinking mate, just looks like an add on

Has to be the reversed design or closed,

when i saw the car, the vent opens right on the spark plug cover, you don't want any water down there onto the coil packs!

Yes I will be getting a reverse / closed for winter, im struggling to find the closed in carbon. Its quite hard finding them with the fittings because alot of starlet owners just stick them down.

Nice to see you really bringing this car back to life mate.

She was looking rather tired at the anniversary meet, but have to say judging from the recent pictures the car really has come on leaps and bounds. I have to admit the scoop really wouldn't be something I would have gone for, simply due to personal preference of the JDM hood, but the choice of scoop and execution of the work looks great and it really works rather well. The fact you are able to buy the additional carbon for it too is rather cool. Id grab a open and closed carbon version recon they would look awesome on it.

Keep up the great work mate :thumbs:

Dude....Nice supra! :)

cheers

mate I think your car is looking better than ever!!!!

Thanks manos, when its out ill drop you a text

Nice to see you really bringing this car back to life mate.

She was looking rather tired at the anniversary meet, but have to say judging from the recent pictures the car really has come on leaps and bounds. I have to admit the scoop really wouldn't be something I would have gone for, simply due to personal preference of the JDM hood, but the choice of scoop and execution of the work looks great and it really works rather well. The fact you are able to buy the additional carbon for it too is rather cool. Id grab a open and closed carbon version recon they would look awesome on it.

Keep up the great work mate :thumbs:

Cheers mate, yes its come along way, with the bad luck of the accident at work ive managed to respray the whole car and make it how I wanted it in the first place, its a long term project so I will be adding bits and improving other areas as I go along. As for scoop I do plan on getting a carbon in both open and closed as soon as I can source a supplier.

I got some inspiration from your car, love the front end of your motor, you just need to add some boost to it now :)

• 2 weeks later...

small update

My car is back at the bodyshop, just a few pics

My poly-what u call it lip is going to get blended into the bumper, front plate removed and smoothed holes and the DRLs are going to get repositioned. The area around the scoop is going to get resolved as it had sunk a little.

attachment.php?attachmentid=194333&stc=1&d=1416748237

attachment.php?attachmentid=194330&stc=1&d=1416748095

image[1].jpg

image.jpg

Cool :thumbs:

Is it a fibreglass bonnet then?

nope, its the orginal ali bonnet with a steel scoop from the starlet and fibre glass holding it together. The bodyshop said that they had adhesive on before because they couldnt weld steel and ali, it had sunk so there using fibreglass now. I dont understand any of it as long as it looks right in the end.

• 1 month later...

Update December 2014

This time round I have had the engine bay painted too as it annoyed the heck out of me being red!

attachment.php?attachmentid=195573&stc=1&d=1419883392

The bonnet has been prepped and painted again however its still not perfect (reactions) I may have to go back to the stock bonnet at this rate. The bodyshop guy is going to have one last go at it... :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=195581&stc=1&d=1419883576

attachment.php?attachmentid=195574&stc=1&d=1419883392

The front number plate holes have been filled and bumper has been painted, the DRL have been repositioned to a better location, lets hope it looks good because they have cut the OEM side/indicator light holes LOL

attachment.php?attachmentid=195576&stc=1&d=1419883392

attachment.php?attachmentid=195575&stc=1&d=1419883392

attachment.php?attachmentid=195577&stc=1&d=1419883392

attachment.php?attachmentid=195580&stc=1&d=1419883417

A few weeks ago I bought a set of glass headlights which turned out to have been a cut and shut, I was fully refunded and bought a brand new set from a member, I asked the bodyshop to slow things down whilst I got it all resolved as I didn't fancy installing a set of new glass head lights and scratching my paint work. They arrived a few days ago, thanks to Ross.

attachment.php?attachmentid=195578&stc=1&d=1419883417

attachment.php?attachmentid=195579&stc=1&d=1419883417

Hopefully in a few weeks time all being well the car will be ready to pick up :-)

Once its out I plan to install longer wheel studs and fit my 20mm hub centric

Ill also summarise all he work carried out which I haven't mentioned.

Finally take lots of pictures of it and attend as many shows as possible :)

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9192.jpg

IMG_9280.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9294.jpg

IMG_9284.jpg

IMG_9283.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9191.jpg