• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovely pics young man :thumbs:

Thank you. I am not young either anymore :(

Ah castle hill, me and sakey used to spend a lot of time blasting about up there. Good fun.

Its the only decent place in Huddersfield mate lol but its a nice drive. You was right about the kick down button too :p I have some of the carpet wedged so it does go down but not smooth, think this could be the cause of the "non kick down" moments...cheers.

Very nice pics matey. :)

Thanks Dave.

Your right.... My photos are poor!!!!!

I always feel a bit of a n** taking pics of my own car, note to self..... Must try harder.

At the anniversary I hardly took any of my car so I know what you mean...lol

As for pictures, we defo have to hook up once yours is back on the road. You can sip the tea and hold my flash gun :-)

Great photos and car is looking good, it's come a long way. Well done.

Thanks Shane. When I got it back in Dec, I didnt know the first thing about cars under the "hood". I have managed to change the turbos, radiator, mess with the head light electics, I have learned loads.

Love the pics, I have a set of those DRLs, they look great on your car, but didn't suit mine, so they are in the shed with all the other stuff I thought I would try.

Is come along way dude, nice one.

Cheers Gaz. I needed something to get the attention away from that big mouth and these do the trick, they are not cheap looking and go well with this bumper. If your running stock I can imagine them not suiting the OEM bumper.

Great photos Naz, car looks stunning. :cool:

This car wouldnt be in this state without you mate, you have helped loads and 9 months ago I didnt know you, now i consider you a very good friend (no inbetweeners references guys! lol)

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Things to do over winter are:

Replace the heater matrix

Refurb front brake calipers

Winter wheels (refurb OEM 16")

Respray dash and engine plastics

Install 4 in 1 gauge

Anyway, everyone likes pictures......my car was clean but as I just got into the car park I bumped into a friend and took him for a spin, it got wet and mucky...and the car appears dark as I did not have my tripod :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=176663&stc=1&d=1383519961

attachment.php?attachmentid=176664&stc=1&d=1383519961

attachment.php?attachmentid=176665&stc=1&d=1383519961

attachment.php?attachmentid=176666&stc=1&d=1383519961

attachment.php?attachmentid=176667&stc=1&d=1383519961

attachment.php?attachmentid=176668&stc=1&d=1383519978

attachment.php?attachmentid=176669&stc=1&d=1383519978

attachment.php?attachmentid=176670&stc=1&d=1383519978

attachment.php?attachmentid=176671&stc=1&d=1383519978

attachment.php?attachmentid=176672&stc=1&d=1383519978

attachment.php?attachmentid=176673&stc=1&d=1383519996

attachment.php?attachmentid=176674&stc=1&d=1383519996

attachment.php?attachmentid=176675&stc=1&d=1383519996

attachment.php?attachmentid=176676&stc=1&d=1383519996

attachment.php?attachmentid=176677&stc=1&d=1383519996

attachment.php?attachmentid=176678&stc=1&d=1383520010

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Cheers mate, still things to do on it but going to do it over time.

You need to get a build thread on here too.

I should do, but i usually forget to take photos whilst I'm working on the car.

Then again, I suppose it hasn't changed much in the time I've had it so I might start one soon. :)

• 1 month later...

Its a year today since I have had my supra so thought I would update this thread :D with my progress

I am currently replacing the heater matrix, there was nothing wrong with the heater matrix but the pipes had brittled and got holes in so I decided to replace the HM at the same time. Thanks to Keron for supplying new pipes and thanks to Iky for giving me a helping hand.

Some pictures below

I should hopefully have it back on the road in the new year.

attachment.php?attachmentid=178599&stc=1&d=1387756009

attachment.php?attachmentid=178600&stc=1&d=1387756009

attachment.php?attachmentid=178597&stc=1&d=1387756009

with BPU it automatically raises the boost up to 1.1/1.2 depending on the RR?....mine does not go above 0.8BAR in stock but when its TTC it boosts up to 1.2. I do not have a boost controller at the moment but there is another thread on this issue and most people said that I have a fault with the sequential system.

This is now resolved after replacing a VSV, link to thread is here..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?295192-RESOLVED-My-stock-TT-max-boost-is-0-6-%28now-BPU-amp-0-79BAR%29

image.jpeg

image[1].jpeg

image[2].jpeg

image[3].jpeg

• 1 month later...
Its a year today since I have had my supra so thought I would update this thread :D with my progress

I am currently replacing the heater matrix, there was nothing wrong with the heater matrix but the pipes had brittled and got holes in so I decided to replace the HM at the same time. Thanks to Keron for supplying new pipes and thanks to Iky for giving me a helping hand.

Some pictures below

I should hopefully have it back on the road in the new year.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=178599&stc=1&d=1387756009

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=178600&stc=1&d=1387756009

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=178597&stc=1&d=1387756009

This is now resolved after replacing a VSV, link to thread is here..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?295192-RESOLVED-My-stock-TT-max-boost-is-0-6-%28now-BPU-amp-0-79BAR%29

You and your other friend did most of the hard work mate. :)

Glad you got it sorted. Bet you're chuffed you finally got some heating.

• 1 month later...

Ive made some changes to the build thread on the earlier pages, adding more pics and details and general tidying up and resizing of pics.

March Update

I was supposed to go to an RR session in Feb but I didn't attend, mainly two reasons, the weather was poop and my coil connectors were perished so the car had a very slight misfire which could effect the dyno reading, oh and the mrs said if I didn't go she would buy me a stereo :) Sorry lads LOL

I spent the early part of Jan/Feb sorting the heater matrix out, man was it a big job! Some pictures in previous post but at the same time I refilled the AC gas and its blowing out ice cold ready for this summer :)

I decided to replace the OEM speakers ready for the new (2nd hand) stereo which I had bought to replace my 20 year old stock one. I had some 6” speakers laying around and also was donated some more. I didn’t want to spend loads of the audio so went with what I had from previous cars.

Rears (OLD)

attachment.php?attachmentid=182666&stc=1&d=1395784024

Replaced with some 3 ways, and I ran new cables from this location to the head unit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182667&stc=1&d=1395784024

The front door cards/pods had to be modified to cater for the larger speaker and I followed the guides and did a DIY on them…

attachment.php?attachmentid=182668&stc=1&d=1395784024

attachment.php?attachmentid=182669&stc=1&d=1395784024

The speakers were alpha sonic, can’t say I heard of the brand but they looked like a good quality product, it’s amazing what you can find in the cellar (belonged to my brother).

With the door card on, it’s a bit of a tight fit with the OEM speaker cover so I am thinking of modding it slightly to fit the covers that came with this speaker. Either that or use something a bit more stronger than double sided tape and Velcro, both have failed resulting in the speaker cover to pop off..

attachment.php?attachmentid=182670&stc=1&d=1395784024

New stereo…

The new stereo I got is a Sony 601BT, nice piece of kit, DVD, Bluetooth, mirror link ipod connections etc Took some time but eventually managed to fit it all in…

attachment.php?attachmentid=182672&stc=1&d=1395784060

attachment.php?attachmentid=182673&stc=1&d=1395784060

I bought a wireless reverse camera kit a while ago and decided to hook this up too, I decided to get rid of the lock and fit the camera into the boot key hole. It sort of fits but needs a little modding. I am getting some slight damp around the light so I need to seal it when I get the chance…

attachment.php?attachmentid=182674&stc=1&d=1395784060

You can see the camera clearly in this picture, right light cluster

attachment.php?attachmentid=182675&stc=1&d=1395784060

Picture of how it looks on the screen in reverse, It would be nice for the lines to be not there but its part of the camera, gives me a rough idea of space if visibility is poor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182676&stc=1&d=1395784060

I need to make a custom sub box like Gaz (someone please make this man a hobbist!) to allow my roof to fit into the boot so once that’s done I will post some better pictures. The amp is currently in the boot and at the moment it’s just running the sub.

I have been driving the car a lot recently and it developed an awful noise coming from the rear passenger side. It turned out to be a wheel bearing issue. I got a local garage (mechanics I know) to replace the wheel bearing and they also replaced the rear shoes and adjusted the hand brake which I have never used! I didn't have the skill or tools to do this job and as I needed the car, it couldn't wait for me to get around to doing the work otherwise I would have had a go myself.

Whats next? Well those coil pack connectors need replacing so that is next on the list as priority 1. The custom exhaust has been adjusted so its not sitting too low, however its making rattling noises that I find annoying whilst driving so that needs to be addressed. Tempted to buy a nur spec r as the current exhaust is not very loud and the fit on them are great . I also want to sort the interior, the OEM carpet is shot and was grey at some point, I want the face lift model black carpet but Mr T charge a lot so I am on the look out for some 2nds. I also want to replace the matts with new black ones…. I want to take the vinyl wrap off the dash and have them resprayed. The car needs a good wash, infact needs a good respray…. I think I need to start making a list again lol

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

Looking good mate! How much of a mess on is changing that heater matrix :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bang:

I done mine myself on my old N/A it's the putting back together part that got to me, I had a canny few bolts and bits&bobs left and just ended up binning them lol well done tho. Good idea with the cam in the lock as well. Thing is how to you open the boot from the inside ;-)

Que the bump of the "boot release - how to? :("

Edited by shaz2010 (see edit history)

Looking good mate! How much of a mess on is changing that heater matrix :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bang:

I done mine myself on my old N/A it's the putting back together part that got to me, I had a canny few bolts and bits&bobs left and just ended up binning them lol well done tho. Good idea with the cam in the lock as well. Thing is how to you open the boot from the inside ;-)

Que the bump of the "boot release - how to? :("

It was worse than doing the turbos and I had bagged all the bits and labelled them, even then I was stuck on what went where lol I just need to seal around the camera so it stops clouding up but other than that its a perfect place for a camera providing you know how to open the boot :p

Good update Naz :)

Cheers mate, not been around to yours for a while. Will drop you a text

• 2 months later...

Just an update on mine, on the 16th last month someone had not put their handbrake on and bumped into my car. The wing, bonnet, bumper and alloy is damaged. If all goes well I could have a new look :)

I have also fitted facelift carpets and some 2nd hand tein coilovers off here which are currently seized :( (with the incident ive not had a chance to sort these)

attachment.php?attachmentid=186744&stc=1&d=1401992911

attachment.php?attachmentid=186745&stc=1&d=1401992911

attachment.php?attachmentid=186746&stc=1&d=1401992911

attachment.php?attachmentid=186747&stc=1&d=1401992911

attachment.php?attachmentid=186748&stc=1&d=1401993090

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

Whats the plan?

I dont want to get my hopes up yet, but I have a stock front and will add the RMM lip.

If it goes to plan I may get the opportunity to respray the whole car and do something different with the bonnet, I want a scoop but not a fan of the UK spec one.

• 1 month later...