supra_ufo

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Needs some tyre shine :D

Nice work though, the car's looking much better. :)

I had tyre shine in the back, I didnt think anyone would notice though lol

Need some closeups but it looks awesome from what I can see :)

I think we met at the anniversary meet at the Falcon but didn't get chance to speak or put username to face.

Hopefully have some day light pics tomorrow, there were a few issues with areas on the car which the bodyshop will be resolving.

Close up below...

attachment.php?attachmentid=192702&stc=1&d=1413068644

CARZBYNAZ-3.jpg

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Touched up the lighting in my photo, I have my screen set to max brightness so when they come up light for me but dark for others

attachment.php?attachmentid=194090&stc=1&d=1416159829

attachment.php?attachmentid=194089&stc=1&d=1416159829

attachment.php?attachmentid=195631&stc=1&d=1420044997

I have had the following work carried out on the car

• Stock front bumper with MVP style polyu-mejig lip - the stock bumper had parking sensors and those have been filled, however the license plate holes were supposed to be filled and smooth off!
  • Rear wiper and ariel delete
  • Bonnet scoop transplant from a starlet turbo (giving me options to change scoops for a different look)
  • TRD half carbon rear spoiler
  • Custom LED DRL install (im not happy with the position though and how there bolted on, you can literally see the bolts), also they were not wired in on the day properly hence the bodge, you can see the wires hanging down!
  • Zunsport grill and liquid art supra logo

Overall I am happy but there are a few areas that the car needs to go back in the bodyshop for. I literally got the car back the day before Japshow finale so did not have time to address these problems.

Couple of shots outside my garage...and one at the bottom of the alley way (bonnet is open)

attachment.php?attachmentid=193096&stc=1&d=1413892454

attachment.php?attachmentid=193097&stc=1&d=1413892454

attachment.php?attachmentid=193098&stc=1&d=1413892454

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 1.jpg

1920_back.jpg

1920_front.jpg

DBGS0250-3133.jpg

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

looking sweet dude, im sure the bodyshop will get it all sorted

thanks Ric, it was a good convoy down to japshow, even though you was convoying 3 miles behind me! (avoiding stonechips! LOL) :) Yes I know he will sort the issues

looking smart :)

Thanks

i do like what you have done with that bonnet.:thumbs:

I was looking at it at japshow and trying to work out what car it came from. LOL

Cheers Clay, I took a risk but happy with how it is, not a big fan of the UK bonnet scoop. This one IMO is how it should of been. I did notice your car at japshow, nice clean black one with black wheels? Did you have the bonnet open at one point?

thanks Ric, it was a good convoy down to japshow, even though you was convoying 3 miles behind me! (avoiding stonechips! LOL) :) Yes I know he will sort the issues

Thanks

Cheers Clay, I took a risk but happy with how it is, not a big fan of the UK bonnet scoop. This one IMO is how it should of been. I did notice your car at japshow, nice clean black one with black wheels? Did you have the bonnet open at one point?

Yes mate my bonnet was open I was trying to show people the sparkplug cover I got from Dain. Callaway motorsport. LOL

Car looks awesome mate, some stunning pictures there :thumbs:

Thanks mate.

Just need a nice set of rims and it will be almost "finished" :) you know how these things go though lol

Looks great mate, love that colour in the flesh!

Cheers Ken, seems like its Marmite colour, some people like it and others hate.

Ive just read through this whole thread, been glued to it! and I am impressed! You've come a long way, diagnosing things and getting stuck in, doing a lot of the work yourself. The car really is a credit to you, and although you've ran into problems at times, you've given it the treatment it deserves. All your effort has certainly paid off, the front end is a 100x better...stunning supra :)

Looking great buddy, that front end swap has made all the difference :)

Cheers sunny

Ive just read through this whole thread, been glued to it! and I am impressed! You've come a long way, diagnosing things and getting stuck in, doing a lot of the work yourself. The car really is a credit to you, and although you've ran into problems at times, you've given it the treatment it deserves. All your effort has certainly paid off, the front end is a 100x better...stunning supra :)

thanks mate, believe me its been a tough journey but with help from this forum and members (Iky being 1) I have gotten through some sticky situations. I am still far from issues though, currently have a boost leak (I know where from) and my speedo has stopped working all together, and noticed a knock/tappety noise when going over bumps. Suspect its the lower ball joint :(