Worst day of my life !!!

SNIPERTT

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't be fooled by the helpful owner. He runs a business and will do whatever it takes to 1)keep the insurance of of the equation as his premiums could rocket. 2) Get your car repaired as cheaply as possible to a point where you are satisfied.

There is no way I would be accepting a bodged repair done by a set of alloy wheel refurbers. That looks like it has taken a fair old thump and I reckon there will be chassis damage in the front corner and you may have some serious problems getting the new light to fit properly.

I think you either need to claim off their insurance or ask them to give you book value for the car. Why they had to drive it back to you is beyond me. I always clock the mileage when I drop my supe off anywhere and I let them see me do it. I also tell them not to drive it as I don't even let my wife drive it etc etc. If they insist on a road test I tell them they will have to wait for me to collect it etc.

H.

The guys are right, that's fecked! There's no chance of that being a bolt on repair.

I'd tell him you want full book value for the car, then buy it back and sell the decent parts on here.

SniperTT. There is also the issue of the longer it takes you to get the insurance involved the more time they have to start doing the repair and tying you in to their plans. I would speak to the owner tomorrow and let him know your concerns and how YOU want to play it.

You could end up going back to the insurance a couple of weeks later and they will be asking why it wasn't reported immediately. Their T&C's may state that they ,ust be alerted within a set period of time and then not offer cover. You would then have to start private proceedings against the garage.

Messy, if you let it get that far.

H.

They are known for crashing cars with no logical explanation of how it happened. They can't refurb alloys either..!!

Yep that!

Mate sorry to hear about this and I bet you want her fixed up right, but the damage done is very concerning and as per other members here have said I would immediately be demanding full value of the vehicle in compensation. Have you got an Agreed Value on your insurance policy? If so, take a copy of this in to them and demand they reimburse the full value or I would be straight onto a Solicitor for small claims advice.

Good advice on here and being an aerotop as well the last thing you need is for it not to be straight!!

You will also have to take into consideration that it will be worth less value when you sell it on due to the accident. Will he compensate you for this? Most garages will tell you what you want to hear, like H says.

As other have said, ask for them to pay you full value, if they then want to repair and sell on it's up to them

I know you proberbly want it back, but that damage looks to far gone

Keron has seen enough Damaged Supra's and he has said

That's fairly bad...the chassis leg will be bent, front panels, inner wing etc... Looks like its shifted across too... Be careful if they repair it...

He does this for a living, so trust his judgement over a Garage trying to cover the Major C*** up

They are proberbly trying to keep it in house, publicity for something like this could close them down

Don't let them off the hook by a minimal repair bill because one of there employee has been joyriding in your Supra and smashed it up when he should not of even been in it

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Let the insurance do the talking, If they deem it not repairable then it most likely isnt from a value point of view. Its unfortunate but well if you ever come to sell it, on this forum especially people will be wary. And if you sell it else where. Your always have to be honest, unless you dont have a conscience.

Thats such a shame to see they crashed the supra if someone done that to mine i would go mental but if the owner is 100% and is willing to let you have input every step of way, i would too allow them to re build her aslong as its done write the car will be fine. fair few years ago similar thing happened to me a business owner hit my cosworth putting me in barrier at 110mph and he repaired car with own cash and when got her back she was perfect

I would be fuming!

I'd price up a good replacement, maybe from Jurgen, and demand they buy you a new one and keep the wreck sitting at their premises.

I'd bet they didn't repair your wheels because some tw@t had took her out for a spin, smashed it, then they had the rest of the day to think of an excuse.

Who delivers your car back to you?! I've never heard of that! You ALWAYS pick it up from the garage and pay for any work done on collection.

You've been played mate. They TWOC'd you car, wrote it off, and now want to cover it up and bodge repair it.

Do not accept the repair, your car will never feel the same after a crash. You'll end up hating it, and them, and then yourself for being taken for a fool.

That's a clear write off. It's disrespectful to customers to treat their property like that, unprofessional, and possible illegal.