The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worst day of my life !!!

SNIPERTT

I would be fuming!

I'd price up a good replacement, maybe from Jurgen, and demand they buy you a new one and keep the wreck sitting at their premises.

I'd bet they didn't repair your wheels because some tw@t had took her out for a spin, smashed it, then they had the rest of the day to think of an excuse.

Who delivers your car back to you?! I've never heard of that! You ALWAYS pick it up from the garage and pay for any work done on collection.

You've been played mate. They TWOC'd you car, wrote it off, and now want to cover it up and bodge repair it.

Do not accept the repair, your car will never feel the same after a crash. You'll end up hating it, and them, and then yourself for being taken for a fool.

That's a clear write off. It's disrespectful to customers to treat their property like that, unprofessional, and possible illegal.

I agree what a silly excuse, he took it to them specifically for wheel refurb how can they not have equipment! It's obvious they decided to drive the car as it looks appealing.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated ..... The owner said it was looking like a 15k job so after much thought I've decided I'm going to find another car and just get them to buy me that instead of spending the money on repairs. Can someone tell me who Jurgen is if he is the man to talk to for finding a car....also what's the deal with paulbrown cars they have a couple of aeros that look nice but for some reason something doesn't feel right ???

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated ..... The owner said it was looking like a 15k job so after much thought I've decided I'm going to find another car and just get them to buy me that instead of spending the money on repairs. Can someone tell me who Jurgen is if he is the man to talk to for finding a car....also what's the deal with paulbrown cars they have a couple of aeros that look nice but for some reason something doesn't feel right ???

£15K job? WTF?

Jurgen is a member on here, look up J.M. Imports. I would also look up Paul Brown Cars and make a decision on whether you want to get one from them.

H.

1st -get insurance involved don't be sweet talked into getting back a car that's not as it was before.

2nd -all accidents should be reported, find out what crash the driver was trying to avoid & where (Bull S**t) don't believe that, he's hit another car, that's another colour paint across your wing, your car & another car with someone else driving it. Check with Police if what he's saying is true

1st -get insurance involved don't be sweet talked into getting back a car that's not as it was before.

2nd -all accidents should be reported, find out what crash the driver was trying to avoid & where (Bull S**t) don't believe that, he's hit another car, that's another colour paint across your wing, your car & another car with someone else driving it. Check with Police if what he's saying is true

I disagree. That damage is consitent with hitting a solid object at 45 degrees. I however feel like the story is BS. One of the staff couldn't resist taking it for a spin and obviously binned it.

Definitely not taking the car back if I can there's a converted GZ Aerotop at Paul brown I have my eye on

Frying pan >>> Fire..!!

supras can be lairy but they dont just crash without some form of spirited driving.

If you read most of the crash stories on here, a Supra can swap ends at 20mph on a perfectly dry road!

As above really, report the crash, get a second opinion on the damage but I think its destined to be turned into a cube :(

Also, you said have faith in the quality of the repair. Like the faith you had in them not destroying your car? And why the hell were they returning your car to you?!

Report it to the insurance dont deal with this guy yourself, i can see issuse's, whos to say he wont string you along tell you he will give you the earth. then have a good think and pull out. Do you even have proof you car went in to his garage. Its hard to prove either way!!

So he says 15k to repair, how does he acept paying 15k to repair a car. when his own insurance premium would be hard pushed to go up 15k

It all sounds to good to be true. telling you what you what to hear.

Hope this works out for you mate.

Like Harold/Havard/Harvard/Susan said someone has blatantly taken your car for a spin and binned it hence the wheels not being fixed at all and frankly I wouldn't want to be seeking any more of their "brand" of service whatsoever and frankly you could sue the pants off them and surely trading standards would be interested into this case too.

If possible get as much cash from them including extra for damages and hassle and get Jurgen to sort you out a car as the "other" lot I would steer clear of as if you search them their overpriced dodgy ways are not all they seem.

Good luck anyway.

Just tell him to pay lump sump as you don't want the car back or repaired.

Technically it's still your car, even if it is wrecked, have it back. Can break for spares and keep any BPU or aftermarket parts you want for your new Supra or sell to other on here who may want or need them.

I'd consider getting the insurance involved too and get the whole thing investigated by the police after reading some other comments on here. It does sound a bit dodgey, or it may be that the owner knows they f****d up and will be in the sh*t for it, so is trying to keep you happy to avoid any nasty repercusions of their poor business practice.

Thanks again for all the comments guys I've come to my senses finally and spoken to Jurgen looks like he's gonna source me another GZ so I'm going to push for 15k cash from the garage and take the salvageable BPU parts off the car to swap over they can do what they want with it after that I think that's reasonable my friend is a solicitor and I spoke to him about it and if it went to court he reckons its clear cut in my favour anyway so looking like a good outcome ... :drag: