Worst day of my life !!!

SNIPERTT

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder of the guy has been fired who crashed the car?

If he's cost his boss £10 - 12K then his business will need to find around 60K or more to get that money back. I would start saving my money by firing the idiot who took the car without consent or in the wrong direction etc.

H.

I wonder of the guy has been fired who crashed the car?

If he's cost his boss £10 - 12K then his business will need to find around 60K or more to get that money back. I would start saving my money by firing the idiot who took the car without consent or in the wrong direction etc.

H.

What if it actually was the garage owner :-/

I think its all b*****ks, they blatently waited until you were gone then thought they would take for a spin then crashed! Then made up the story they was taking it back to you. How did they know you was gunno be in? Why wouldnt they ring before leaving to bring the car to you? If you left your car to have it sign written/wrapped then come back to it smashed up, you would call the police wouldnt you? So why not now just because its a wheel refurb place. I bet any money it wasnt just him in the car at the time of the accident. Have you even found out if there actually was an accident before he crashed as hes excuss of swirving into a wall? Was the road even on the way to yours?

All sounds a bit strange to me....

I think its all b*****ks, they blatently waited until you were gone then thought they would take for a spin then crashed! Then made up the story they was taking it back to you. How did they know you was gunno be in? Why wouldnt they ring before leaving to bring the car to you? If you left your car to have it sign written/wrapped then come back to it smashed up, you would call the police wouldnt you? So why not now just because its a wheel refurb place. I bet any money it wasnt just him in the car at the time of the accident. Have you even found out if there actually was an accident before he crashed as hes excuss of swirving into a wall? Was the road even on the way to yours?

All sounds a bit strange to me....

This has all been covered in previous posts mate. It is very dodgy and their story has more holes in it than swiss cheese!

Ok to answer a few comments .... The garage I took the car to is apparently a registered bodyshop who take in wheel refurbishment jobs but send the wheels off site to be done (I wasn't aware of this initially but it's no big deal). I have double checked all this and the wheels were collected from the garage on Friday and returned with no work having been done to them yesterday morning so what Kaan W has said about waiting for me to turn my back before going on a joy ride is way off the mark.

I've checked with the police and the time and location of the crash matches up so nothing dodgy there, the only unknown part is how the crash happened, which no one knows except the driver and the police have refused to give me details of emergency calls made as a result of the accident, there were 4 calls made one of which was the off duty copper as stated in previous posts.

As for the amount of 15k, yes that was a number plucked out of the air by the owner but really the cost is not my issue nor my insurance companies its down to him, so if his insurance only pays out 5k he has to foot the bill for the rest. As far as I'm concerned the supra is now his and I want a replacement and that means he has to pay for a stock GZ from Japan then pay for all the aftermarket work that has been done, or, we go to court which I'm more than happy to

Edited by SNIPERTT (see edit history)

Update - Had a meeting with the owner today and got a letter drafted up to say they accept full liability and surprisingly have agreed to all my demands so happy days. Also I've been given a courtesy car for however long it takes to source the new car so at least I've got transportation. Thanks to everyone for their support and advice it's just a waiting game now till I get the all important call from Jurgen

Update - Had a meeting with the owner today and got a letter drafted up to say they accept full liability and surprisingly have agreed to all my demands so happy days. Also I've been given a courtesy car for however long it takes to source the new car so at least I've got transportation. Thanks to everyone for their support and advice it's just a waiting game now till I get the all important call from Jurgen

quality news! glad the owners taking responsibilty and compensating you

Great news mate well done, hope it all ends well for you.

Thanks again guys I think the fact that I have a legitimate claim against them both civil and criminal it works out cheaper to just give me what I want rather than going to court and incurring costs and all that lot as well as replacing the car. I'm not taking the piss and trying to milk the situation either by trying to get something else I just want like for like.