• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If true it must be a major design flaw!

most crash stories on here are, but never reported as driver error

I've been saying that for ages. If its never the drivers fault, then Toyota should do a recall, they do seem rather handy with them these days.

The other good one was that the white lines are slippy. Again, someone should tell the DoT about that, as they are kinda prolific.

I've been saying that for ages. If its never the drivers fault, then Toyota should do a recall, they do seem rather handy with them these days.

The other good one was that the white lines are slippy. Again, someone should tell the DoT about that, as they are kinda prolific.

white lines, design flaw, ice, diesel, Ive seen and heard them all. I have only seen the odd person that has posted up here saying it was my fault :D

Ok so Jurgen is on the case trying to source me a GZ from Japan ... spoke to the police last night and found out that there wasn't any other vehicles involved in the accident or another crash other than the supra in the area and to top it all an off duty police officer was the one who called it in so the little f****r who was driving was without a doubt ragging the car and lost control not to mention the fact that there is no logical explanation as to why he was on the stretch of road he was on, going away from my address ......

Ok so Jurgen is on the case trying to source me a GZ from Japan ... spoke to the police last night and found out that there wasn't any other vehicles involved in the accident or another crash other than the supra in the area and to top it all an off duty police officer was the one who called it in so the little f****r who was driving was without a doubt ragging the car and lost control not to mention the fact that there is no logical explanation as to why he was on the stretch of road he was on, going away from my address ......

At this point i would go to my solicitor and tell the garage you want the value of the car in a big fat cheque.

Good move going to Jurgen, he will get you a very nice Supra! Highly recommended here, and you will see why.

As for the events of the crash, I think my suspicions may be proved correct. Did he say what time the crash happened? A key bit of information I think. Probably not the time they were allegedly delivering the car back to you...

Thanks again for all the comments guys I've come to my senses finally and spoken to Jurgen looks like he's gonna source me another GZ so I'm going to push for 15k cash from the garage and take the salvageable BPU parts off the car to swap over they can do what they want with it after that I think that's reasonable my friend is a solicitor and I spoke to him about it and if it went to court he reckons its clear cut in my favour anyway so looking like a good outcome ... :drag:

I think the guy meant it would cost circa 15k to fix, which is debateable in the first place. I very much doubt he is going to give you 15k in cash for a car worth less than half of that. If he does, he can crash my car anytime he wants, I will order a nice big single through Jurgen to replace it.

Not followed the thread. But I repaired my car with similar/more damage for 2k.

Not sure where 15k would come from. Insurance will only value the car at 3-4k max unless you argue with them.

15k sounds about right, not just for the damage but for the stress, the cheek of driving the car without permission, and because the car he wants to replace it with costs 15k. Im not being funny but if that was my car I wouldnt be passing go or collecting £200, but it would be worth it imo.

So sorry to hear that some idiot/moron/scum crashed your motor mate. However after seeing what others had said and the value of supras ATM. Your best bet is just saying to him. If it's going to cost 15k to repair then give me 10-13k and I'll get another one. Then sell yours for bits? Or to Keron? So then you'll have around 15k no doubt anyway :)

If I crash my car and tell my insurance company I want to replace it with a Ferrari. I'm not going to get 100k in my back pocket :)

But the garage should replace the car like for like. They are undeniably in the wrong and their actions should not leave the OP out of pocket or with a lesser car. Maybe their figure of £15k was pulled out of the air, but still, they are going to have to cough up.

Maybe it's worth going to the Citizens Advice Bureau? Ask them about it and any possible scams the garage could be trying to pull, or legalities they are trying to avoid.

You don't want this to sting you later on. Get clued up.

Also if your car is insured for mods and all, they dont just give you the list price, you insure the mods for a reason so get more back. But of course the garages insurance may just try and pay far less, leading to a small claims procedure on which the garage would have no leg to stand on.

Just a thought... What is happening to the driver at the time of the crash? I'm sure he didn't have your permission to drive it, so that's TWOCing, which is an offence, I'm sure he wasn't insured, as joy riding is not business use. Was he breathalised at the scene of the crash, as maybe he had a drink at lunch? He must have been speeding and driving recklessly and without due care and attention, which are all traffic offences. He should face severe consequences for this. And what about the business? I'm sure this kind of behaviour should be taken seriously, and the appropriate action taken against the individual/s involved.

Well I've arranged to meet the owner of the garage tomorrow and told him straight that I don't want the car fixed. At the end of the day I didn't buy a car that had its front end rebuilt so why should I settle for that now ! Jurgen has said I'm looking at around 8k for a fresh GZ from Japan so lets just say I find one at that price, then it's got to be BPU'd and if needed have all the seals etc replaced because that's what mine had done and I can prove it, so still looking at over 12k. Basically it's his insurance that has to sort it out if he wants to go down that route not mine as I wasn't even with the car so it's covered under his policy but I'm pushing for a cash settlement away from insurers or ill take him and the company to court for negligence and anything else I can throw at them which as I said before would most likely go in my favour according to solicitors. At the end of the day his driver crashed my car without my authority so I want a replacement car that's exactly like the one they crashed, its a reasonable request I'm not asking for a newer model with a big single in it just what I gave them in the first place !

Well I've arranged to meet the owner of the garage tomorrow and told him straight that I don't want the car fixed. At the end of the day I didn't buy a car that had its front end rebuilt so why should I settle for that now ! Jurgen has said I'm looking at around 8k for a fresh GZ from Japan so lets just say I find one at that price, then it's got to be BPU'd and if needed have all the seals etc replaced because that's what mine had done and I can prove it, so still looking at over 12k. Basically it's his insurance that has to sort it out if he wants to go down that route not mine as I wasn't even with the car so it's covered under his policy but I'm pushing for a cash settlement away from insurers or ill take him and the company to court for negligence and anything else I can throw at them which as I said before would most likely go in my favour according to solicitors. At the end of the day his driver crashed my car without my authority so I want a replacement car that's exactly like the one they crashed, its a reasonable request I'm not asking for a newer model with a big single in it just what I gave them in the first place !

Cant say that's asking for anything unreasonable. He should agree to that and be thankful your not sueing him for a lot more.