The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's GT-R

johnny g

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many bags of Tesco shopping can you get in one of these Nissans.

(Info for the missus please)?

I could get 2 crates of Budweiser beer and maybe around 5-6 bags of shopping. I'm surprised by how usable the boot is to be honest! I've even transported a home theatre system back before in the box (receiver and 5.1 speakers) and they all fit in the car with some clever use of front and rear seats :p

I know it would be sacrilege to say this but I think the boot of the GTR is more practical compared to the Supra's :p

£80? It can't go very far on that nowadays, not an ideal long distance tourer then, you'd be stopping a lot on the way to the Riviera! My 3 litre N/A Volvo holds £138 worth, and that can seem marginal on a very long journey. I guess with all the "stuff" on and in the new Nissan there's not much room for a decent size fuel tank. having a transaxle back there won't help.

Around 300 miles to a tank, Chris - no worse than my BPU Supra was to be fair.

Atleast the Supra had an excuse being designed 20 years back when fuel prices were reasonable :)

They're something that you have to put up with this hobby we have :D

Stunning buddy

I'm going to have one of these bad boys in the future ... I hope lol

One of the many things I love about this car is they look aggressive on the outside and very luxurious on the inside... Like a Jag

It's not quite Jag luxury inside, but it's still a nice enough place to be.

Well done Johnny looks great :) mines defo silver :D anyway are you booked in for stage 4? If not why not lol :)

Already in contact with Lee @ SRD :D

So how many bags of Tesco shopping can you get in one of these Nissans.

(Info for the missus please)?

I have the X6 for shopping - but we tend to get Tesco home delivery :D - the boot is big though. I'd say 2-3 times that of the Supra.

I could get 2 crates of Budweiser beer and maybe around 5-6 bags of shopping. I'm surprised by how usable the boot is to be honest! I've even transported a home theatre system back before in the box (receiver and 5.1 speakers) and they all fit in the car with some clever use of front and rear seats :p

I know it would be sacrilege to say this but I think the boot of the GTR is more practical compared to the Supra's :p

It's hugely practical. I think it's just the right size.

Good to see we Datsun owners have no delusions of grandeur about perhaps parking up and shopping at Sainsburys :)

Chris, I'm scouse and support Everton. I've no idea what grandeur is!

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have some good footage of someone's foot if you don't adjust it a bit :) Can't you put it IN the car so we can see the gauges as well as the road? You need some sort of data logger then you could use race Render to overlay it on the video. You could replay it in court to show the radar gun was actually UNDER reading a bit ;) Just take care, these on board videos give me the willies.

You'll have some good footage of someone's foot if you don't adjust it a bit :) Can't you put it IN the car so we can see the gauges as well as the road? You need some sort of data logger then you could use race Render to overlay it on the video. You could replay it in court to show the radar gun was actually UNDER reading a bit ;) Just take care, these on board videos give me the willies.

Haha! I've got two GoPro's, Chris. This is just for different angles.

I'll be mounting the other Hero2 inside once I've made my mind up on the location to mount it. It's tough to mount internally and view the gauges.

Haha! I've got two GoPro's, Chris. This is just for different angles.

I'll be mounting the other Hero2 inside once I've made my mind up on the location to mount it. It's tough to mount internally and view the gauges.

Need 3 at least imo, one on the rear to record all the poor sods you've smoked ;)

Also, watch out for stone chips. Both of my Go Pro cases have them and I've not even used them on the road, only on my race car. Another tip is to use Rainex on the lense cover so if it rains you still get decent footage ;)

Will do mate :)

I only have two as I bought one to annoy a mutual acquaintance :)

• 2 weeks later...