The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's GT-R

johnny g

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone is so puzzled why so many people are buying GTR's. It's simple, they're great cars and a natural evolution from the Supra, it's the equivelent of everyone walking around with the iPhone 3 for 15 years. I bet if they could comfortably have both cars they would, but that's a luxury very few people could affford. Car looks great Johnny, nice purchase mate :thumbs:

Lovely motor Johnny congratualtions.

I'm starting to like these more and more with every thread I see about them (which is becoming plenty on here recently).

For me, if money was no object i'd still prefer the R34 gtr, having said that i've never actually driven either of them, i'm basing my choice on looks alone and whilst the new GT-R is stunning, there is something about the R34 that I really like, it's so ugly but aggressive looking.

I think if I ever get rid of the supra, which I don't intend to at this stage, it'll be replaced by one of those two, as Dan said its just a natural evolution.

I think I might take the old supra out the garage for a drive now actually, we've got a sunny day for once in Cumbria :)

Very nice, and probably the best colour. I do have to say though that the colour range is pretty damend poor and very unimaginative, but that's always been the way with a lot of the higher end Jap cars. Has a poll been started yet as to how long before the engone's out for mods? :) Have fun, see you in a petrol station somewhere soon, drumming your fingers waiting for 150 quids worth to pump into it ;)

edit: The subwoofer on yours looks a little different to standard ones. Are those upgraded speakers? Mine looks like this : http://pics.jonathanchye.co.uk/_data/i/upload/2012/03/11/20120311215158-00d48300-th.jpg

I was also wondering about this....

- - - Updated - - -

Blue ones are my11 onwards I think= lots of money.

Also not the best blue... the bayside blue stood out, this one is a little too dark for my liking. Although, a matte clear wrap on the standard blue is stunning!!!

How useable are the rear seats BTW? Kids only or you could get 2x 6' adults in the back comfortably without compromising front occupant legroom?

I can get the missus in the back, but every now and then she does hit her head on the rear glass, but front seats have to move forward. I sit with my seat about 1-2" off base of the rear seat. Same most 2+2s but better than quite a few, because the seats are quite deep. However they would have been better if there was an option to have a flat bench for bags as I got a lot of stuff in bag going to and from France.

So how far can you safely go on a tankful then? (My idea of safe is you have an absolute minimum of a gallon left to look for a petrol station open at 3.00 AM in a strange area).

I dunno Chris, i dont look at anything mundane like MPG, takes about 80 quid to fill up, when it gets low i fill it up again :)

I dunno Chris, i dont look at anything mundane like MPG, takes about 80 quid to fill up, when it gets low i fill it up again :)

£80? It can't go very far on that nowadays, not an ideal long distance tourer then, you'd be stopping a lot on the way to the Riviera! My 3 litre N/A Volvo holds £138 worth, and that can seem marginal on a very long journey. I guess with all the "stuff" on and in the new Nissan there's not much room for a decent size fuel tank. having a transaxle back there won't help.