The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's GT-R

johnny g

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that was that, no exhaust fitted? :D Looks like quality kit, that.

Yea, I've gone for the Whifbitz 102mm exhaust, which Lee has put on, but not sent all the photos of :) Although, I must admit that I much prefer having the car worked on than photographed :D

He does work quick though!!

Cheers chaps, collecting the car on Monday. Won't be able to give it full beans for two reasons. One, it's not been remapped for the downpipes yet, and the boost will spike. Two, Ana will be sat next to me and she'll end up feeling sick - again. :)

• 2 months later...

On the 10th August, the GTROC took part in the ASDA On Your Marks charity event for terminally ill children. Essentially, you donate yourself, car, fuel, consumables, etc and in turn members of the public pay £5 for lap around Bruntingthorpe. The GTROC raised over £2,000 on the day. Some cars were selected to take the terminally ill children around, sadly I wasn't one of them, as I would have like that.

Here's my solo lap, sighting the circuit for the second time. I look pretty calm for someone doing 163mph at the end! But it was all at about driving at 7/10th's.

[video=youtube;JRgbr6R6R-0]

And here's some passenger rides I did, where I could sync them up.

[video=youtube;N60DCKj-jvw]

There were some very nice cars there, but the queue for the GTR's was bigger than the Ferrari/Lambo/Lotus/etc.

Was a great day and a great cause.

On the 10th August, the GTROC took part in the ASDA On Your Marks charity event for terminally ill children. Essentially, you donate yourself, car, fuel, consumables, etc and in turn members of the public pay £5 for lap around Bruntingthorpe. The GTROC raised over £2,000 on the day. Some cars were selected to take the terminally ill children around, sadly I wasn't one of them, as I would have like that.

What a lovely thing to do, I would have loved to have helped with that day.

Additions look great by the way.

• 3 months later...

Managed to get to the dyno today.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/936018_10152055298515799_1656438327_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/s720x720/1452011_10152055298520799_1980587237_n.jpg

We monitored the intake temperatures through the runs, consistent at 18 degrees for 3 dyno pulls. The Operator did state that it was a very nice setup. The SRD FMIC is really doing it's job.