The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's GT-R

johnny g

I had the pleasure of going out in this last weekend, AYYYYYYYE, it's canny fast. Infact, for 480hp it actually shocked me how quick it was. It felt like a comfortable family car just driving around town, but when you nail it, holy spunktastic. It felt like the car let the torque/power in progressively. My supra has more of a kick, odviously because of the single, but once this is in full song, it felt almost as fast if not just as fast as my supra which has WAY more power. Extremely impressed with it and its performance.

No breaking thread from me though, I still love my supra, well until next winter anyways ;)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the pleasure of going out in this last weekend, AYYYYYYYE, it's canny fast. Infact, for 480hp it actually shocked me how quick it was. It felt like a comfortable family car just driving around town, but when you nail it, holy spunktastic. It felt like the car let the torque/power in progressively. My supra has more of a kick, odviously because of the single, but once this is in full song, it felt almost as fast if not just as fast as my supra which has WAY more power. Extremely impressed with it and its performance.

No breaking thread from me though, I still love my supra, well until next winter anyways ;)

Well in typical Japanese fashion, these cars are never really 480bhp, mine at SRR made 499.xbhp when completely stock and 1200miles on the clock.

Everyone does comment on how well the GTR uses the power it has and puts it down, especially considering how heavy she is! Would be interested to see your opinion once the car is stage 4 :D The extra 100-120bhp makes quite a difference and the added noise makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable.

Well today at SRD was a LONG day, but very, VERY fruitful.

I popped down on Monday night, so I'd be there early on the day to allow Lee plenty of time on the car. Brisk progress was made taking off the horrible rear cat section - a lovely Miltek resonated Y piece was put in it's place. Part one done.

Then it was onto the injectors. Taking the tiny stock injectors out and shoving some ID1000's in. Part two done.

The final mechanical part was the Forge Motorsport intakes. Awesome pieces of kit, far nicer than the GTC ones. Superb finish, well made and comes as a very complete kit. They increase the suction size to 80mm for more air. Part three done.

(I also had a Forge Header tank done to remove the ugly stock bottle).

Then we made our way to SRR, with Lee ably following in the SRD van. Jamie was there showing us the videos he made with Ryan - the noise was great. Anyways, 2012 gearbox software, Launch Control 4 uploaded and mapping time. 600/600 as expected. The atmospheric pressure was low today, according to Ryan, otherwise we'd have made more power at boost - but 600/600 on the road feels incredible.

Couldn't be happier - and anything this side of £150,000 supercars best beware!!

Thanks to Lee @ SRD and Ryan @ 2BarTuning - epic work again.

Pics to follow tomorrow when I've got them off my phone...

I'd up that to even any side of £200k easy ;)

With that demonic launch control, I'd have to agree. The Syvecs one is even better!! I did the Launch @ 3600rpm at the M6 Toll road barriers :D

Good results mate! I need a go in this! :)

8th November? :)

Sounds like its all coming together now Johnny. Get some vids up of the launch control, keen to see it in action.

I've got some videos of the car on the dyno, and some photos too of the products/work being done.

As soon as we get some dry time I'll get it launched. It's demonic, it really is.

Great work mate so is tha fully stage 4 now? Seeks so easy and cheap compared to a Supra!!

Are you going for an S6 as well then or is launch good enough on the stock ecu

It's fully Stage 4 yea. If I had the downpipes, I'd be able to get 620, but realistically 600bhp with the ability to pass an MOT is pretty appealing - and not something I want to change.

As for the Syvecs - you can't run the GT-R with all the failsafes on the S6, it's got to be the S8. It's a big investment, but at some point down the line, I'll probably go for it - when I'm tweaking whatever I've got now.

Next for me is probably a Milltek catback and a Whifbitz FMIC. After that, we'll see.

It's fully Stage 4 yea. If I had the downpipes, I'd be able to get 620, but realistically 600bhp with the ability to pass an MOT is pretty appealing - and not something I want to change.

As for the Syvecs - you can't run the GT-R with all the failsafes on the S6, it's got to be the S8. It's a big investment, but at some point down the line, I'll probably go for it - when I'm tweaking whatever I've got now.

Next for me is probably a Milltek catback and a Whifbitz FMIC. After that, we'll see.

Yeah S8 is big money from memory mate!!

Sounds like its a very easy, cost effective path to get these to proper performance numbers without sacrificing any comfort or oem features.

Yeah S8 is big money from memory mate!!

Sounds like its a very easy, cost effective path to get these to proper performance numbers without sacrificing any comfort or oem features.

Definitely won't be sacrificing any of the OEM functionality mate - I won't be letting any dogs shit in the back either!

Definitely won't be sacrificing any of the OEM functionality mate - I won't be letting any dogs shit in the back either!

You ain't lived til you let a dog curl one out in the boot - dont forget has to be crated at the time for maximum effect ;)