The mkiv Supra Owners Club

smoked

Guest kopaloadofthis

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1. A lad I used to work with had a stripped out Nova with a 2.0 16v Red top in it. Was stupidly quick, and only 165BHP I think. No weight in it though. My RS Turbo is the same, 185BHP in something that weighs 950KG, it can still surprise some newer performance cars! :D

+1 My dad pulled up along side a focus st and it just had us off the line then being a BPU auto it just pulled back and left his tangerine st for dead, Just a little orange car in the rear view mirror.

Supra's are not 0-60 cars as has been said they just pull all through the range and scare you :)

Well time will tell if this thread out-humiliates your humiliating defeat by a Corsa.

I have to say I've been driving my mum's Yaris around recently. It's got a flappy paddle gearbox too and quite nippy. I'm thinking of breaking the Supra shortly.

Dibbs on your DIY wood splitter! ;)

Oh, little cars can seriously keep up with some things! my mates Rx7 had a scare with a done up VW golf, it flew! but then my mate soon blew him away as he hit the motorway!

Supra's are great on the motorway and i think there is not much really which can keep up with a singl'd one.... but, everytime i take mine out i never see any supercar or opponent worth trying it against... Blows most things away! loves M3's ha ha. Last race was a new M3 Humiliated him plus i stole his lovely lady as i eventually let him catch me and she gave it the wink and smile! Boom

i had abit of a scare with an astra vxr, was just crusing along in the supra and an astra came up behind me crazy fast, was stuck with me through the bends but when we hit a straight it was bye bye mr vauxhall! little tuned hatches can be something mental!

Eh? They should walk away from a FWD Ford.

Dad had it in overdrive so it shortshifted off the line - Well thats what he said i didnt really pay any attention i just wanted to win another race :), The focus st was literally half a car ahead for about 3 seconds lol. Bearning in mind this chav was reving his car to about 6000rpm at the traffic lights just to launch it haha.

Dad had it in overdrive so it shortshifted off the line - Well thats what he said i didnt really pay any attention i just wanted to win another race :), The focus st was literally half a car ahead for about 3 seconds lol. Bearning in mind this chav was reving his car to about 6000rpm at the traffic lights just to launch it haha.

Those ST's are torque limited in 1st and 2nd unless it's an ST3, in which case you can switch it off, but you've got to be pretty nifty with the clutch to stop it spinning the wheels. My N/A eats my mates ST off the line, even on 20's.

Now show your dad this, then direct him to that £16000 engine and tell him he NEEDS it. Lol

My mate's brother's Nova blew my Supe away. K reg, red Nova "Twist" with grey bumpers and 1.2 badge on the boot. But hidden is a 200bhp redtop. The thing spins up in 5th!

Why is someone in an N/A even trying to compete in a traffic light grands prix.........

I was surprised by a Golf GT the other week.

He slotted in behind me as I passed him and I pulled a couple of car lengths before having to slow for a roundabout.

Took it very easy round this and then nailed it. He came round the roundabout like a bat out of hell and stayed with me until I got into third, where upon he sank into the distance.

It was a good effort from him though.

Now show your dad this, then direct him to that £16000 engine and tell him he NEEDS it. Lol

My mate's brother's Nova blew my Supe away. K reg, red Nova "Twist" with grey bumpers and 1.2 badge on the boot. But hidden is a 200bhp redtop. The thing spins up in 5th!

direct your dad to johnny g's 6speed box, then give it some off the line! I had a m reg corsa with a 2.0 redtop in it, it was brilliant when it worked, surprised plenty of people :)

Those ST's are torque limited in 1st and 2nd unless it's an ST3, in which case you can switch it off, but you've got to be pretty nifty with the clutch to stop it spinning the wheels. My N/A eats my mates ST off the line, even on 20's.

In that case your friend can't drive. I'd say even the mk1 Focus ST170 is quicker than an NA, any MK2 ST should have an easy time with an NA.

Anyhow his ST lost st lost so does it matter? Auto supra's arent quick off the line

230bhp 6spd n/a vs 225bhp torque limited fwd focus. No. Maybe he can't. Those focus' are cack, I worked at Ford long enough to know that.

I've owned 2 N/As, one of them a 6 speed. Lovely car, but not as quick as a Focus ST. What's bad about the Focus? Heard they have some reliability issues, but they're a brilliant drive for what they are.

The N/A may have circa 200hp (very few will have more than that now) but they weigh around 150kg more than the Forcus.