The mkiv Supra Owners Club

smoked

Guest kopaloadofthis

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh it was always gonna happen, give it another 50 yards and the supra would of flown past, if you look at the terminal speeds they are 20 mph between them.

For a traffic light gp car that mini would upset a lot of people but on the motorway the supra would upset, it's all horses for courses.

oh i absolutely agree mate, i'm just being facetious :) i already said i was scared to take on a astra VXR when i was N/A because i'd probably lose!

@ bigbloodyturbo:

First of all ... I'm not american... I'm Austrian :) and I don't comment on youtube videos.

Second as neil already said- my Na is not stock at all.

Third: do you really think that a S3 or TT is really a quattro AWD just as a S4 or something? They are sold as quattros but it's a Haldex clutch AWD - so basically it's shit.

I think I will have to stop posting on such threads as there will always be NA bashing going on of the holy grail turbo guys and hothatchfanatics that can't accept that there are some nice set up NAs that can go faster that a corsa.

Edited by Herb (see edit history)

Go on Neil! :D you beat an astra VXR? i was always scared to try it on with them....

Yup mate dont forget mine was apparently 232ish bhp and less than 1300kgs

So how do you think a 240odd horsepower hatch thats lighter loses to a 3.0litre supra that weighs more? And given that hardly any vxr's are stock it just gets worse. Easily walks it? your deluded. You can drive it anyway you want, you can't break the laws of physics despite how much you love your n/a, it just wont happen. Your only hope is that the driver of the vxr, s3, ST, ferrari, balistic missile, whatever your beating from the 'lights' fluffs it.

Ok pulling stats off the net here as im not well up on them but i have slightly less power but a hell of alot less weight according to this site - http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=608 pull as many stats as you like though fact is if i have beat not one, not 2 but 3 vxrs (not on about the special editions here) then surely that means my car was quicker than a VXR, one of the VXRs was a mate of mine so i know he was trying, the other 2 well who knows :)

Or if you are not believeing me i will gladly let you pilot any stock TT at pod and i will put £500 that the next NA i have will walk it :)

Yup mate dont forget mine was apparently 232ish bhp and less than 1300kgs

Ok pulling stats off the net here as im not well up on them but i have slightly less power but a hell of alot less weight according to this site - http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=608 pull as many stats as you like though fact is if i have beat not one, not 2 but 3 vxrs (not on about the special editions here) then surely that means my car was quicker than a VXR, one of the VXRs was a mate of mine so i know he was trying, the other 2 well who knows :)

Or if you are not believeing me i will gladly let you pilot any stock TT at pod and i will put £500 that the next NA i have will walk it :)

according to that website it does a 14.7 1/4 mile so mine, neil's and skippyboyo's in theory would beat it :) My engine is stock tt, fancy a go at the pod next year mate?

then surely that means my car was quicker than a VXR, one of the VXRs was a mate of mine so i know he was trying, the other 2 well who knows :)

No, if it's happened more than once, it STILL means the opposing vehicles are faster, and it's just a coinkydink - ya know, like my NA killing Focus ST's off mate!! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, i have upset many a hot hatch. And I'd rather drive a slow Toyota than a Vauxhall!! :D

No, if it's happened more than once, it STILL means the opposing vehicles are faster, and it's just a coinkydink - ya know, like my NA killing Focus ST's off mate!! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, i have upset many a hot hatch. And I'd rather drive a slow Toyota than a Vauxhall!! :D

They let you win as your built like a brick sh*t house, me im built like a sh*t brick house :D

i do have a turbo engine in my car now, so frankly anything is possible :)

edit: oh and cars with magical engines spanking more powerful cars, can i point you to this video :D

you just proved my point, a turbo T16 in a mini wins, guess why, because it has better power to weight, something that TT's have over n/a's. But tell you what, keep telling yourself n/a's are rapid mate, won't change fact.

@ bigbloodyturbo:

First of all ... I'm not american... I'm Austrian :) and I don't comment on youtube videos.

Second as neil already said- my Na is not stock at all.

Third: do you really think that a S3 or TT is really a quattro AWD just as a S4 or something? They are sold as quattros but it's a Haldex clutch AWD - so basically it's $#@!.

I think I will have to stop posting on such threads as there will always be NA bashing going on of the holy grail turbo guys and hothatchfanatics that can't accept that there are some nice set up NAs that can go faster that a corsa.

I known your Austrian I can read, obviously sarcasm is lost on you. S3's and TT quattro's are 4wd, they are primarily FWD but they will not slip, and most if not all quattro's are haldex, S4's are permanent 4wd with a front bias, I know as I also own one. I can also tell you that they are far from shit if you want grip. And I agree with you should stop posting on such threads if your going to come back with fanboy cr@p about how shit cars are because they are not toyota supra's (non-turbo supra's no less)

as i said earlier, i've lost my lunchtime buzz so i'm really not interested in getting into an argument over N/A vs TT's anymore, but why on earth are you getting so arsey? according to the figures neil posted his N/A was actually pretty similar to an astra VXR numbers wise, so surely if he drove well he could beat one? Or is it just the thought of an N/A supra winning a race that offends you? :)

as i said earlier, i've lost my lunchtime buzz so i'm really not interested in getting into an argument over N/A vs TT's anymore, but why on earth are you getting so arsey? according to the figures neil posted his N/A was actually pretty similar to an astra VXR numbers wise, so surely if he drove well he could beat one? Or is it just the thought of an N/A supra winning a race that offends you? :)

me getting arsey? your basically saying that an n/a will walk a TT and pretty much anything else hot hatch wise when it is known you can't. You can tell me how many vxr's and ST's and TT supra's you've beaten and you can call me arsey all you want, facts are facts, n/a's are not walking all over these cars.

i said no such thing, i even said earlier up the thread i didn't want to race VXR's when i was N/A as i thought i'd lose! I'd agree that N/A's wouldn't walk over these cars, mine made 200hp on the dyno, it would get ruined by most hot hatches. However not all cars or drivers are alike and its entirely possible that neil did beat VXR's, he had more power and less weight than me, and on paper his car is very close numbers wise to a VXR.

i said no such thing, i even said earlier up the thread i didn't want to race VXR's when i was N/A as i thought i'd lose! I'd agree that N/A's wouldn't walk over these cars, mine made 200hp on the dyno, it would get ruined by most hot hatches. However not all cars or drivers are alike and its entirely possible that neil did beat VXR's, he had more power and less weight than me, and on paper his car is very close numbers wise to a VXR.

well then refer to my previous statement which is basically identical to your first sentence. n/a's are not magical, the only reason a more powerful car with the same or more likely less weight and in the case of an S3 or vxr a lot broader powerband is going to lose to an n/a is if the driver fluffs it.

i think your arguing with the wrong person here, i was pretty aware of the capabilities of my N/A, i just had a problem with the way you were making your point, and was slightly drunk from lunch so decided to make that point about showing some respect, even if you do own a single supra, it doesn't mean you can talk down to the rest of us :)

i think your arguing with the wrong person here, i was pretty aware of the capabilities of my N/A, i just had a problem with the way you were making your point, and was slightly drunk from lunch so decided to make that point about showing some respect, even if you do own a single supra, it doesn't mean you can talk down to the rest of us :)

Talk down, at what point did I talk down? and at what point did i mention I own a single supra? I don't care if you were slightly drunk from lunch, if i want to make a point on a forum based on facts I'll make it thankyou. If you want to be a moderator I suggest you ask, otherwise grow a thicker skin.