The mkiv Supra Owners Club

smoked

Guest kopaloadofthis

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to start lecturing on Launch techniques? :D

If you read it, I didn't get beaten, but I expected a larger gap between me and him.

They say you learn best from your worst mistakes!! :D

I'm just stating that, all things being equal, an NA Supra (even a 6 speed) is easy pray for an ST Focus. I know this from my own experiences, and I'm sure there was another forum member who had found the same. (JamieP possibly?)

I'd put it down to your driving technique and/or your Supras condition.

I have to agree, the NA Supra would struggle with a turbo charged ST, I think I'd be able to keep up with one or reel him them in at a higher speed but any FI with less weight is always going to have the favour. If you need more evidence of this, quite a few NA's struggled to beat Kayla in her 1.6 VXR Corsa.

Slips go a long way. What puzzles me the most is this bizarre claim of having so much more hp than any other NA and yet your terminal speeds are slower than what Neils were.

True story.

Not wanting to claim BS or anything but i have the highest moh for an NA over the 1/4 (non nitrous) but with one of the slowest 60fts (2.4) from what people have said mph is an indication of power and times are the 60ft and gear changes, either way theres a few NA drivers on here that could spank a TT driver down the strip.

The driver is also very important concerning the performance of the NA Supra. Sorry to say so but I really get the feeling that some NA owners on here don't know how to drive....

Either way... ST focus', S3s, VXRs, Saxos, Type Rs, RSs, Audi TTs, GTIs and so on look, sound, handle like sh***. Not to mention that they are fwd. i really don't care if it would theoretically be one second faster doing 0-60 compared to my NA. - in the end i still love and drive a NA supra - a true sports car not a funky hatch. They don't even deserve to race versus a supra.

Take a spin on a track with a supra (no matter which one) and than redo it with a ST. Have fun with the ST :).

Why do you guys even mess with those fanboys?? We are supra owners! They are poo owners...

Just my opinion on this.

Regards, Herbert

Edited by Herb (see edit history)

The driver is also very important concerning the performance of the NA Supra. Sorry to say so but I really get the feeling that some NA owners on here don't know how to drive....

Either way... ST focus', S3s, VXRs, Saxos, Type Rs, RSs, Audi TTs, GTIs and so on look, sound, handle like sh***. Not to mention that they are fwd. i really don't care if it would theoretically be one second faster doing 0-60 compared to my NA. - in the end i still love and drive a NA supra - a true sports car not a funky hatch. They don't even deserve to race versus a supra.

Take a spin on a track with a supra (no matter which one) and than redo it with a ST. Have fun with the ST :).

Why do you guys even mess with those fanboys?? We are supra owners! They are poo owners...

Just my opinion on this.

Regards, Herbert

You obviously haven't driven anything apart from a Supra ;)

I had a facelift EP3 Type R and the handling on that car was amazing! Infact on Dragonball a couple of years ago the chaps couldn't keep up with me on the twisties!!

Just my opinion on this.

Regards, Herbert

So many things in what you've typed are just stupid, infact I can't believe you are not an American commenting a youtube video. First of all s3's are 4wd, audi TT's (the sporty non gay one's) are 4wd and both would hand you your arse. VXR's astra's would hand you your arse and I have no idea why you've included saxo's in there. And to say they all look and handle like sh!t is laughable.

n/a's are a good looking car and are more than capable of sitting at 90 on the motorway all day long in comfort but as has been said a million times on here they're NOT fast. I dont know where this fallacy of na's having magical engines that can take 220hp and mystically beat cars with 100hp more than that has come from. Bad driving is playing a part but it seems that someone in an n/a has a good run against something with a bit of power or atleast SEE'S this on youtube and posts the video and it becomes gospel.

VXR's astra's

I disagree with this to a point, an NA supe with full exhaust will quite easily walk away from an atra VXR and paste a corsa VXR, i understand that is not a stock comparison though.

I do think alot to do with the NA is how you drive it as its very easy to get caught out if your not giving it enough revs.

Anyways we shall see what some of the TT boys think when they are getting beat by an NA soon....... watch this space kiddies.

I disagree with this to a point, an NA supe with full exhaust will quite easily walk away from an atra VXR and paste a corsa VXR, i understand that is not a stock comparison though.

I do think alot to do with the NA is how you drive it as its very easy to get caught out if your not giving it enough revs.

Anyways we shall see what some of the TT boys think when they are getting beat by an NA soon....... watch this space kiddies.

Go on Neil! :D you beat an astra VXR? i was always scared to try it on with them....

Put simply an NA has the power of most hot hatches with more weight. This alone will set it back for "traffic light GP's", however once on a roll, the NA has great pulling power that most smaller engines can't match.

When I had my NA, I had a tussle with a Clio RS200 on a few NSL roads. Past 70 he struggled to keep up. I know that isn't what the Clio RS is designed for but it is just an example.

So how do you think a 240odd horsepower hatch thats lighter loses to a 3.0litre supra that weighs more? And given that hardly any vxr's are stock it just gets worse. Easily walks it? your deluded. You can drive it anyway you want, you can't break the laws of physics despite how much you love your n/a, it just wont happen. Your only hope is that the driver of the vxr, s3, ST, ferrari, balistic missile, whatever your beating from the 'lights' fluffs it.

So how do you think a 240odd horsepower hatch thats lighter loses to a 3.0litre supra that weighs more? And given that hardly any vxr's are stock it just gets worse. Easily walks it? your deluded. You can drive it anyway you want, you can't break the laws of physics despite how much you love your n/a, it just wont happen. Your only hope is that the driver of the vxr, s3, ST, ferrari, balistic missile, whatever your beating from the 'lights' fluffs it.

Don't worry mate, when you come out with a story of walking all over a gtr, we will treat you with the same respect and belief :p

Don't worry mate, when you come out with a story of walking all over a gtr, we will treat you with the same respect and belief :p

what do you want me to do, slap you on the back and say well done, you managed to spank a car with more power and more torque than you in a straight line? your engine has magical powers and bends the laws of physics. I'll await your own story of 'oh i had a run with a gtr and i didn't beat him but i was all over him and he couldn't get away', i'm sure its coming.

what do you want me to do, slap you on the back and say well done, you managed to spank a car with more power and more torque than you in a straight line? your engine has magical powers and bends the laws of physics. I'll await your own story of 'oh i had a run with a gtr and i didn't beat him but i was all over him and he couldn't get away', i'm sure its coming.

i do have a turbo engine in my car now, so frankly anything is possible :)

edit: oh and cars with magical engines spanking more powerful cars, can i point you to this video :D

Edited by Justin Bieber (see edit history)

Yeh it was always gonna happen, give it another 50 yards and the supra would of flown past, if you look at the terminal speeds they are 20 mph between them.

For a traffic light gp car that mini would upset a lot of people but on the motorway the supra would upset, it's all horses for courses.