The mkiv Supra Owners Club

smoked

Guest kopaloadofthis

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk down, at what point did I talk down? and at what point did i mention I own a single supra? I don't care if you were slightly drunk from lunch, if i want to make a point on a forum based on facts I'll make it thankyou. If you want to be a moderator I suggest you ask, otherwise grow a thicker skin.

I admit that i assumed (rightly or wrongly) that you own a single from your forum name. Your replies came across in such a way that they seemed a little rude, and from my assumption that you were a single owner, it made it seem like you were just another turbo owner beating down on the N/A owners, which frankly is boring now. I guess i must have lost my thick skin when i got my new engine eh? :) anyway im done, sorry for any offence i have caused you if any, mods please dont ban me for trying to stand up for N/A's.....

- - - Updated - - -

What's for lunch?

I could eat a whole turtle.

Smoked, naturally.

does anyone want to explain the turtle thing??

I admit that i assumed (rightly or wrongly) that you own a single from your forum name. Your replies came across in such a way that they seemed a little rude, and from my assumption that you were a single owner, it made it seem like you were just another turbo owner beating down on the N/A owners

I do have a single turbo, but I wasn't beating down on the n/a just the owners, but point taken.

I have to agree, the NA Supra would struggle with a turbo charged ST, I think I'd be able to keep up with one or reel him them in at a higher speed but any FI with less weight is always going to have the favour. If you need more evidence of this, quite a few NA's struggled to beat Kayla in her 1.6 VXR Corsa.

I have pulled away from a fair few NA's, homers included - on quite a few times, from a stop start and 80mph+, not to mention the NA's at pod last year, and even some TT's although I put that down to rubbish driving :)

The driver is also very important concerning the performance of the NA Supra. Sorry to say so but I really get the feeling that some NA owners on here don't know how to drive....

Either way... ST focus', S3s, VXRs, Saxos, Type Rs, RSs, Audi TTs, GTIs and so on look, sound, handle like sh***. Not to mention that they are fwd. i really don't care if it would theoretically be one second faster doing 0-60 compared to my NA. - in the end i still love and drive a NA supra - a true sports car not a funky hatch. They don't even deserve to race versus a supra.

Having driven a 5speed NA, a focus ST3, a Astra VXR and a Cosra VXR I think the only thing that the NA supra does that none of the other do is look better (sometimes). Yes they dont handle the best, jeez, my corsa VXR handles like a dog on laminate flooring in the wet, but it is far more fun to drive than the supra and if I am honest it will catch you out more than the supra too.

My mums Astra VXR-R (special edition, look it up for a spec list) will absolutely annihilate a NA, and a TT and would surprise a few BPU TT's also AND it handles superbly so if you think your NA or TT is safe from a hot hatch, even round bends, then think again!

I disagree with this to a point, an NA supe with full exhaust will quite easily walk away from an atra VXR and paste a corsa VXR, i understand that is not a stock comparison though.

I do think alot to do with the NA is how you drive it as its very easy to get caught out if your not giving it enough revs.

Anyways we shall see what some of the TT boys think when they are getting beat by an NA soon....... watch this space kiddies.

I cant deny this post, it would be a good match with the above spec NA and a 'decent' driver. Hopefully suprapod next year isnt too far away :)

• 1 month later...
Tbh this argument is silly. This is the supra owners club because we love supras. The NA is a lovely car because it's a supra :) I welcome discussion but those getting in a fuss are being silly! ;)

Very well put! Wouldn't be seen dead in an Astra anyways, even if it could do warp speed?? ;)