The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if I've missed it kaan, but what turbo setup will you be going with on the 3.4?

Not 100 percent at the moment but maybe a gtx42

Dude seriously, 6 pages with no pictures. Project threads are all about pictures. Everybody knows that.

I know man it's killing me I cant wait to get the engine back for some pictures. I did ask for some!!!

I try not to post otherwise, I may be able to get a mod to clear some of the chit chat out.

Manage to do what you where telling me about yesterday dude? :D

Getting there mate, its amazing how much stuff is actually in the engine bay.

I started last night stripping the front end and done a few hours today and have now removed the -

Bumper

Lights

Gearbox

Battery

Engine bay loom and fusebox

Breather tank

Arch liners

Window washer bottle

Wipers

Scuttle panel

Intercooler and pipework

Radiator

Trans cooler

attachment.php?attachmentid=175592&stc=1&d=1380740280

attachment.php?attachmentid=175593&stc=1&d=1380740280

Still loads left :D

Thats it for now, tomorrow i'll make a start getting the engine loom unplugged which will be a nightmare because its wired directly into the syvecs and the stock ecu which will require some cutting of wires :blink:

DSC_9040.jpg

DSC_9042.jpg

Will you be fitting an aftermarket plenum too with the new setup?

Yep I have lots of new parts to go on yet, I'll update later in the thread.

Over at SRD the block is currently being assembled with the stroker kit and billet mains, I've have changed my mind on bearings and going for clevite instead of acl.

The heads being stripped also as its having some aggressive port work done to make the most of the SRD 280 cams

Pictures will follow :)

Getting there mate, its amazing how much stuff is actually in the engine bay.

I started last night stripping the front end and done a few hours today and have now removed the -

Bumper

Lights

Gearbox

Battery

Engine bay loom and fusebox

Breather tank

Arch liners

Window washer bottle

Wipers

Scuttle panel

Intercooler and pipework

Radiator

Trans cooler

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=175592&stc=1&d=1380740280

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=175593&stc=1&d=1380740280

Still loads left :D

Thats it for now, tomorrow i'll make a start getting the engine loom unplugged which will be a nightmare because its wired directly into the syvecs and the stock ecu which will require some cutting of wires :blink:

Nice job dude, looking good so far, looking forward to see pictures of the engine :D

Over at SRD the block is currently being assembled with the stroker kit and billet mains, I've have changed my mind on bearings and going for clevite instead of acl.

The heads being stripped also as its having some aggressive port work done to make the most of the SRD 280 cams

Nice one mate, looking forward to seeing the pics. Should be a real beast when finished :thumbs:

Any reason you changed bearings? Dads got the Clevite bearings.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to update as ive had a rough few weeks battling with the flu but im slightly better now and thought I would take the engine out :)

First up is seperating the syvecs loom from the engine loom, bit of a pain that they had to be cut but it had to be done.

attachment.php?attachmentid=176000&stc=1&d=1381923600

attachment.php?attachmentid=176001&stc=1&d=1381923600

The next part was easy as it was just the fuel and power steering lines, downpipe and a few nuts to remove before getting the crane on it.

All of 5 minutes later it was out :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=176002&stc=1&d=1381923766

attachment.php?attachmentid=176003&stc=1&d=1381923766

DSC_9047.jpg

DSC_9049.jpg

DSC_9051.jpg

DSC_9056.jpg

If you do remove the subframe you may find it easier to strip the wheel hubs and arms off first, or at least loosen the bolts and ball joints while its attached to the car, its a little harder once its off and and on the floor.

How far are going with the welding and smoothing? I'm sure more holes kept appearing while I was welding up my bay :D

• 4 weeks later...

Not been here for a while... I wernt gunno update until the engine bay was done but progress is progress and a project thread is for pictures!

It doesn't look much from the picture but the initial smoothing of the bay is nearly done and taking its main shape. This has been a very long process so far and been a right PITA but im happy with how its looking and cant wait to finish it :) Just a few more holes and little bits to sort out then its ready for a skim of filler. Also all the bulkhead holes will be removed but wil be doing this once the dash it out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177023&stc=1&d=1384362353

DSC_9109.jpg

Not been here for a while... I wernt gunno update until the engine bay was done but progress is progress and a project thread is for pictures!

It doesn't look much from the picture but the initial smoothing of the bay is nearly done and taking its main shape. This has been a very long process so far and been a right PITA but im happy with how its looking and cant wait to finish it :) Just a few more holes and little bits to sort out then its ready for a skim of filler. Also all the bulkhead holes will be removed but wil be doing this once the dash it out.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=177023&stc=1&d=1384362353

Nice mate, I remember doing this to my old supra takes ages and is a right pita, never again lol. When is your engine going to be ready?

Ive decided as the engine bay needs spraying anyway I might as well do the whole car again. Its staying Grey as my interior is black and grey but im thinking something with more character such as Grigio Silverstone which is slightly darker. What do you guys think?

attachment.php?attachmentid=177100&stc=1&d=1384545091

attachment.php?attachmentid=177101&stc=1&d=1384545091

attachment.php?attachmentid=177102&stc=1&d=1384545091

attachment.php?attachmentid=177103&stc=1&d=1384545091

For-Sale-2012-Ferrari-458-Italia-Luxury-Auto-Direct-3.jpg

Grigio Silverstone 2.jpg

Grigio Silverstone 3.jpg

Grigio Silverstone 4.jpg