Dragonball Wrap - 2013 - Agony!

ellis

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much roughly did it cost you guys all in to do this years event, would like to do Dragonball at somepoint.

The biggest cost will be fuel, and that will vary depending where you live.

I managed to do this trip in under 2 tanks of fuel, and I wasn't hanging around, though I do live in London.

We managed to haggle the price of the hotel and Euro tunnel to £212 for 2 nights stay.

Also Branners managed to convince the restaurant in the Hotel to let us have a buffet meal for 15 euro each! Considering what the menu prices were like it was a bargain. Even more of a bargain considering we paid roughly the same amount for a small portion of burger & chips at a local stop!!

Being from the bumhole end of Britain it would cost a bit more on fuel. Would still like to do it though. Got a year to sort it out.

That is always a downer, though you guys could possibly catch a Ferry to the location perhaps? Just remembered, might not be ideal with your car!

We have a few folks who drive 250 miles or so to the Eurotunnel, they normally arrive the night before.

Being from the bumhole end of Britain it would cost a bit more on fuel. Would still like to do it though. Got a year to sort it out.

That is always a downer, though you guys could possibly catch a Ferry to the location perhaps? Just remembered, might not be ideal with your car!

We have a few folks who drive 250 miles or so to the Eurotunnel, they normally arrive the night before.

I drove down the night before after a 200+ mile drive, wasn't too bad and gave me a chance to catch up with a few people :)

I managed to do this trip in under 2 tanks of fuel, and I wasn't hanging around, though I do live in London.

We managed to haggle the price of the hotel and Euro tunnel to £212 for 2 nights stay.

Also Branners managed to convince the restaurant in the Hotel to let us have a buffet meal for 15 euro each! Considering what the menu prices were like it was a bargain. Even more of a bargain considering we paid roughly the same amount for a small portion of burger & chips at a local stop!!

82 euro 139 ish hotel and 260 pound fuel in a n/a i think

then need spending money

I loved the amount of club clothing being worn too, the DB11 t-shirts, the DB12 polos/t-shirts/hoodies and the general club clothing. I'm always pleased when I see our brand being pushed far and wide.

There was one particular vest top that showed off the Dragonball logo well.... :flame:

in mine i done about £280 in fuel. so wasnt as bad as i thought fuel wise - considing im from birmingham. - but next time i'm 110% stopping in a hotel the night before. lol.

Euro tunnel - £82 return - can't moan at that.

I loved the amount of club clothing being worn too, the DB11 t-shirts, the DB12 polos/t-shirts/hoodies and the general club clothing. I'm always pleased when I see our brand being pushed far and wide.

There was one particular vest top that showed off the Dragonball logo well.... :flame:

yes it did look good. easy to find people as well when we was the lunch time stops lol - i think for next year it would be good if we can order earlier - as it was to late by the time i new lol.

I would have bought one of them dragball hoodies if only I could pay directly into the clubaccount for these club items.

I was rocking my hoody at Japfest too, I should start charging commission :D

I am definitely coming next year !! The people made this trip great and the driving was the icing on the cake, it was brilliant to see so many people from different backgrounds all with a common interest together.

Loved the name stickers. Although, even without them it was clear when I was driving and not Burna due to far fewer drag races lost.

Being pretty much the last person away from most of the stops, I'd like to see the itinerary times printed on the excellent maps too. I didn't get the one from the thread and was disappointed that I hadn't organised my own time properly to see the castle for instance...(or the bridge. I really wanted to see the bridge).

Depending on the business success and condition of the Supra I will hopefully be able to join in again.

Loved the name stickers. Although, even without them it was clear when I was driving and not Burna due to far fewer drag races lost.

Being pretty much the last person away from most of the stops, I'd like to see the itinerary times printed on the excellent maps too. I didn't get the one from the thread and was disappointed that I hadn't organised my own time properly to see the castle for instance...(or the bridge. I really wanted to see the bridge).

Depending on the business success and condition of the Supra I will hopefully be able to join in again.

Enough of the bloody bridge already!!!!!

so did you all have name badges with your forum name - if so sounds a good idea, nothign worse than arriving at a big meet/event and not knowing who youre talking to

We did indeed - we had these for a starter:

Plus we had name stickers too for the cars.

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

We did indeed - we had these for a starter:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/Hanger.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/Hangers.jpg

Plus we had name stickers too for the cars.

Ah, I wondered why you wanted pictures of everyone.

I've said after every meet people need to wear their name badges. at Suprapod last year, most were either not wearing them or the wind had turned them round. It's hard when you don't know many people as it's awkward to ask who people are on the forum.