Dragonball Wrap - 2013 - Agony!

ellis

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have 364 days to organise it, I will no doubt leave it all until the last minute.

Central or east france is sort of the plan, hoping to get the dutch, german, french, italian and Spanish supra owners together.

Liking the design again Ellis, just not sure about the Supras on tour bit...sort of precludes the chap with the Boxter and any other fancy cars that might drop in.

The 12 on this years one worked really well, and the number 12 stickers all sold out before we got off the train.

Asking for people to pre-book their big stickers next year.

Did we all like the name stickers this year?

East france is a good idea, i know a few owners of some small race tracks there on the borders of germany/ Switserland/ Luxembourg.

One track is at Pouilly

Its a good position there because its about just as far for us in holland/ germany etc. Smack in the middle i would say...

the maps were great. but i noticed the map for the first day had a close up of parking up places. that would have been handy for each stop. as for example on sunday lunch time we were not sure we were in the correct place.. and when we arrived at the lunch stop on saturday had the same issue.

will definately have to get more bigger stickers. i wanted some but didnt get the chance. i saw people walking back down the train with them and when i asked they said they had already sold out.

I under ordered the stickers as last year I had 8 of the big ones left and they werent cheap. Next year we pre-order.

And parking spaces were left to chance. I could not be sure where in the dolphinarium car park we would actually park, it could have been totally full and we would have had to go elsewhere. Same with the Sunday stop, I can only go by what streetview tells me and that was a cinema car park which meant on a Sunday it could have been quite busy.

So defining the actual car park stop is too hard to do. Even the saturday stop at the Castle was a wing-it job. I could not be sure what space we would have, turns out we had just enough.

All stuff that goes in to the planning for next year.

I under ordered the stickers as last year I had 8 of the big ones left and they werent cheap. Next year we pre-order.

And parking spaces were left to chance. I could not be sure where in the dolphinarium car park we would actually park, it could have been totally full and we would have had to go elsewhere. Same with the Sunday stop, I can only go by what streetview tells me and that was a cinema car park which meant on a Sunday it could have been quite busy.

So defining the actual car park stop is too hard to do. Even the saturday stop at the Castle was a wing-it job. I could not be sure what space we would have, turns out we had just enough.

All stuff that goes in to the planning for next year.

It all worked out in the end ! Unless someone drove ahead of the pack and scoped the car park first then as you say it's impossible to know if we could fit in the car park.

Was talking to Ben about this over a beer tonight and 1 thing which was really amazing was the amount of driving.

The length of time in the cars was perfect. It was a driving holiday with just the right amount of stops.

Another point that people would not realise unless they had been away on a trip where there was too much or not enough.