The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats Your Job

a98pmalcolm

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working in a guitar shop selling guitars, amps etc. for the past 9 years (started at 15). That has changed slightly to include doing maintenance work (set ups, adjustments, re-wiring, upgrading) over the last 6 or so.

I also work in a bar (sucks!).

I finish my final year uni exams a week on Tuesday though and have interviews lined up for graduate mechanical engineering positions related to piping design, turbine design etc. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed :)

I work at Toyota South Africa in the Product planning dept, current on 2.5 year training assignment in Japan..

It may sound great but working at Toyota, especially in SA has not been fulfilling.

I also fancy a career change at some point, thinking of opening my own business when I return.

Own a hand carwash also a garage, but sold the garage as of the 1st.

Now have a van coming with a monster pressure washer in the back so now going to do fleet cleaning, truck, agricultural, patios, driveways, car parks etc..... Anything really!

im a lead vertical propulsion engineer,

or lift engineer :D its quiet a intresting job at times mechanical and electrical also working at great hights sometimes, i work in a highrise building where lifts travel at 7 metres a second,maintenance is abit poo with the cleaning and what not but break downs certainly get the noggle going

it pays the bills :)

Thats the thing, I got 34 years more to work, if I keep a job to just pay the bills, I will go crazy..

I think it is important that you enjoy your job, considering how much time we spend doing it..

(Suppose if I was making money like crazy I would not be complaining!)

PreSales Technical Account Manager working for a Software Vendor in the Data Management space.

Always busy but field based and people facing putting technical concepts into English through presentations, whiteboarding etc. during sales cycles and when giving updates to existing customers - all of which I enjoy.

There's a more boring side involving Proposal writing and responding to Tenders as well as pricing activities but it's all fulfilling when you win new customers or have existing customers licensing more - I've always been competitive so always love beating the other players in the market.

Cheers,

Brian.