The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats Your Job

a98pmalcolm

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Senior CAD Monkey for a Civil/Structural company in the arse end of Cumbria. Decent money, but it means I spend Monday to Thursday sat in a B&B with ropey internet access. Makes the weekends a bit hectic sometimes trying to fit everything in.

IT - System Engineer, We look after IBM Mid Range Servers. But TBH we look after pretty much anything related to IBM. :D

omg lol no offense intended but I'd never guess you are in IT lol :D Do you just Hulk Smash your way through anything you can't fix? :D

Building Services Mechanical and Electrical Engineer

From design through to CAD onto site install

You could be my new best mate Ricky. You are the type of business that I go and see.

I have worked in pumps and systems since I finished my apprenticeship in 1995. I have worked for four companies some in distribution, others as manufacturers.

I am currently a director of Flowtech Water Solutions who provide booster water into high rise buidings where the mains pressure isn't sufficient. We also supply water tanks, rainwater harvesting, heating pressurisation etc. My life has turned around massively from a couple of years ago where I went 8 months out of work.

It's the best job ever. I spend my time visiting customers, designing systems, measuring up on site and sometimes site set up and commissioning. The variety means that I rarely get bored of the job.

H.

I'm an overhead linesman i build 11kv and 33kv powerlines to new wind farms etc.

Who do you work for?

I'm a underground live electric cable jointer for scottish and southern energy. Repair damaged or faulty cables, cut into live underground cables to supply new housing estates ect where turning off the electric isn't a suitable option. Also connect distrabution cables into new substations, basically any electric underground. Will be training to do my high voltage 11kv cable jointing soon but that's all done dead so only a short 4 week course

Ive been working in Civil Engineering (utilities) since the age of 16, at the minute im working on the nationwide NGA program alongside BT openreach, my job is simple get superfast broadband too you poeple, by digging holes everywhere in the northeast and yorkshire, ive worked most the utilities Gas, Water, Cable tv, BT, and electric services

Ive been working in Civil Engineering (utilities) since the age of 16, at the minute im working on the nationwide NGA program alongside BT openreach, my job is simple get superfast broadband too you poeple, by digging holes everywhere in the northeast and yorkshire, ive worked most the utilities Gas, Water, Cable tv, BT, and electric services

Can you please tell BT we really need them in Northamptonshire? Like pronto :(

Would love too! but i do as im told, im sure it wont be long as its a goverment backed program too get super fast too every house in the uk.

yeah, was in the news they've started work but to be honest I think it'd be at least 2 years before I get it where I am :(

I'm a research and development engineer working with high pressure applications for industries such as oil and gas, i spent my first 5 years in electronics, and changed to mechanical engineering after a year of mental health in the middle there somewhere.

Changing from one industry to another isn't easy, but most are understanding if you do any qualifications in your holiday allowance.

I spent 3 jobs taking my holiday time so I could get qualified in mechanical engineering, best thing I ever done. I love my job, and couldn't be happier.