The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats Your Job

a98pmalcolm

I used to be an avionics technician in the RAF, but have now changed over to civvy street. I now work for a company called ultra electronics.

Ultra Electronics, small world as I have a few dealings with them ;)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Design engineer working for many automotive OEMs.

I design chain driven timing systems. We do a lot of work for toyota and many other major car manufacturers.

(unfortunately for me the JZA80 engine is belt timing not chain so i don't get free parts) ... :(

Work in a call centre advising people on their employee schemes.

Basically, if you get shares through work and have any queries, I deal with them (along with a lot of other people).

I can't stand sitting in an office all day, I need some manual work to do.

Anyone want to give me a job? :)

I sell advertising on Scottish Television (STV) - or ITV in Scotland for those who haven't heard of it!

Basically look after a large portfolio of clients in Aberdeen/North East Scotland and sell them advertising packages for both broadcast and online. It's OK, a lot of business pitches and sales patter, but I seem to be OK at taking money off people and making my boss happy.

Looking for a move out of sales if I can get one, but have no idea what I'd like to do instead. Preferably work for myself, but it's the coming up with the killer idea part which is holding me back right now. :(

Wow, lotsa cool jobs. Will be calling you guys soon.

Me, I was an Architect for several years, left it to be a Diplomat with the missus for Her Majesty in Africa and Eastern Europe, finished with that last year, no jobs for Architects, so am now a private Hedge Fund Manager, and some :p

I configure IBM Servers and Datacentres, basically, people come to me and ask what they need to run to fulfill all there requirements, I then put an ePortfolio together of something that will fill it (anything from (£5k to £15mil).

I configure IBM Servers and Datacentres, basically, people come to me and ask what they need to run to fulfill all there requirements, I then put an ePortfolio together of something that will fill it (anything from (£5k to £15mil).

Interesting mate, who do you work for?

Ever heard of Bluechip Engineering?