The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats Your Job

a98pmalcolm

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ex Lance Corporal 1st Batallion Parachute Regiment (i wont say anything about the rest of the soldiers on her cough,hats,cough) Now doing PSD in Iraq :D

Well that counts me out as im not a hat lol

But what was that song.......................para para in the sky;)

Test Engineer for BSI (British Standards Institute). Carry out testing on any respiratory equipment for CE certification from simple dust masks to full breathing apparatus for fire services and the military.

Before that I was in Aerospace as a Quality Engineer.

Apologies as I'm on the iPhone so can't see your location. But you wouldn't happen to be based out of their Chiswick head office would you?

I am in IT (mainly Server\Storage side).

Just flew back this morning from Orlando after working in The Ritz Charlton all week :D

Every job has its up's & downs.

So you were there for a week and didn't know it was The Ritz-Carlton? Not Charlton? Lol :D

Who do you work for?

I'm a underground live electric cable jointer for scottish and southern energy. Repair damaged or faulty cables, cut into live underground cables to supply new housing estates ect where turning off the electric isn't a suitable option. Also connect distrabution cables into new substations, basically any electric underground. Will be training to do my high voltage 11kv cable jointing soon but that's all done dead so only a short 4 week course

I work for freedom powerlines mate contracted to Scottish power. And edf energy before that in Ipswich.

I work on a large site as a mechanical maintenance engineer, I am in a big team of about 40 of us. We always do jobs around site in groups of 3-5 of us, so we always have a laugh while working.

After working on my own for 10 years, all lonely driving up and down the country doing the same kind of job. it's great to be working at one place close to my home and working within a big team. I now always look forward to going into work these days :D

Own a small company 'GKB Asbestos Ltd' that do all types of work with asbestos, also work as a machine operator for a regular wage packet since the recession hit and our daughter decided to get married this June.

Any spare time goes into refurbishing work on our new property and the other 2 rental properties we own.

I enjoy being my own boss but in reality i'm a slave to my customers. The consultancy and surveying aspects of the job are interesting.

Oil & Gas Service Supervisor; It's my first real job which I started 7 years ago when I was 23, its great if you like to travel and live in warm places and not pay taxes...! :D

I rotate so have 6 months vacation a year which in that time I have tried several business's like luxury holiday rentals, event organiser next I project that I am currently working on is opening a bar in Lisbon.

Ex Lance Corporal 1st Batallion Parachute Regiment (i wont say anything about the rest of the soldiers on her cough,hats,cough) Now doing PSD in Iraq :D

Really? Why is it someone always lowers the tone and brings work stuff into civvi stuff? Always one, and it had to be a Para!!!!!!