johnny g

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the car is built, running and base-mapped by Ryan as of today. I've delibertately not got many photos - as Lee's had enough on, so I've left him too it. But, he said it is good. Turbos appear good as well. It's mapped to 1bar and 6000rpm.

attachment.php?attachmentid=153716&stc=1&d=1340216983

So it's getting run in now, and I'll aim to pick it up before the end of the month from Lee and have the Reverand Ryan map it at AME some time soon after, when he's back in the country.

IMG_2669.jpg

Looks awesome matey, bet that is going to be a handful :D

Hopefully not with the Syvecs keeping it in check!!

Mmmmm big twins :D

I know, something tasty about them!

Gotta love the look of big twins, The hard pipe coming from the plenum looks huge!!!

Yea. I think it's 4". Needs to be with the 90mm DBW TB and the 4" FMIC! Money pit...

That looks awesome Johnny :)

Large twins is an awesome look

Yea, it's something I've always loved - and it's a bit different!

Looks purposeful :) Can't wait to hear it!

Me either. Aching to hear what these special brew HTA turbos sound like. They're hyped enough!

Totally forgot to drop you a PM Johnny, I was at SRD last weekend & saw this beast there. Some great work being carried out, this is going to be an immense car to drive with the big twins & DBW! If you find it too much to handle then let me know mate & we can swap :D

Totally forgot to drop you a PM Johnny, I was at SRD last weekend & saw this beast there. Some great work being carried out, this is going to be an immense car to drive with the big twins & DBW! If you find it too much to handle then let me know mate & we can swap :D

Haha! You're no use to me! ;) I'm hoping it'll be a bit different to most in terms of delivery and power. I like being different.

Very nice Johnny, looking good :thumbs:

Cheers matey. Should look nice with the new wheels on it!

That looks fantastic :cool:

I reckon silver for the plug cover, in keeping with the rest of the colour scheme.

Cheers mate, I think that could work, but I'm favouring RSP at the moment... It's a quick change if needed.

Wow Johnny. Thoes twins look immense. :)

What power (your guess) are you looking at with these babes at medium boost (around 1.5).

They are a special turbo from what I was told by Owen Developments. Not sure what to expect, and I'm not sure if I really care, so long as it's fast, reliable and tractable. It'll be 600whp at least I reckon - but it's all about the delivery for me :)

Looks good mate, will have a butchers Sunday, did Lee say if it's drives any different with the solid engine mounts?

I can't remember mate. He never said anything.

I spoke to Ryan this morning and he did say that it drove nice - mustn't have made a massive amount of difference.