Johnny's Big Billet Twins Build

johnny g

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea - basically, the catridges will be replaced with HTA wheels - similar to the GTX billet range. The aerodynamics of the wheels are current technology, rather than the 20 year old aero in the GT3037's. It effectively means that I should get around ~8-10% more flow for the given pressure ratio. With an increase of a couple of hundred rpm spool. It's win, win for me really. Chachiiing though!!

Sounds very impressive indeed, surprising how the technology moves on isn't it.

Thanks for providing the extra background, and for the fact that a company is now able to carry out such work.

Definately a win win that's for sure :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the work has started. Lee has text me some pictures over of the progress.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148028&stc=1&d=1331479544

attachment.php?attachmentid=148029&stc=1&d=1331479544

The disassembly starts...

attachment.php?attachmentid=148030&stc=1&d=1331479544

attachment.php?attachmentid=148031&stc=1&d=1331479544

attachment.php?attachmentid=148032&stc=1&d=1331479544

This engine comes out for the last time. Head back to Whifbitz in exchange for my new head. Block to Chris Wilson to chop up and play with.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148033&stc=1&d=1331479544

attachment.php?attachmentid=148034&stc=1&d=1331479544

Turbos are now off, packaged and sent to Owen Developments for their overhaul. Really looking forward to seeing them.attachment.php?attachmentid=148035&stc=1&d=1331479596

attachment.php?attachmentid=148036&stc=1&d=1331479596

Cams to be removed - and being replaced by slightly more aggressive Titan cams, with more lift.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148037&stc=1&d=1331479596

The parts from Titan should be here any second according to the tracking numbers.

- VVTi cams

- Dampened crank pulley

- Titan crank pulley

- RPS Triple Carbon plate clutch.

More to come in the coming days...

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

Nice, looking forward to seeing what Lee does with it.

Yup. I already know the ID1000's and 3" exhaust are the choke points on it, but, it'll be a hell of a street car.

Out of interest, Jamie, what the difference between the ARP L19 studs that you've just sorted, and the Titan L19 studs?

Yup. I already know the ID1000's and 3" exhaust are the choke points on it, but, it'll be a hell of a street car.

Out of interest, Jamie, what the difference between the ARP L19 studs that you've just sorted, and the Titan L19 studs?

If its anything like the titan crank pulley then they will be the same product id guess mate.

Edit, id not advise the titan 1/2" studs, they are a lot of work to fit.

If its anything like the titan crank pulley then they will be the same product id guess mate.

Fair play. I might have a word with Sean at Titan about getting some over, future proofing and all that. Been a bit of a bind getting the stuff. He originally had my order for 2 cams and 2 cam pulleys. I told him I never needed the intake cam pulley, with the VVTi. He's only gone and taken the cam pulley and the cam off the order. To top it all off, he's sent it direct to me - not Lee. So there's another order on the now, with my cam in it! Might as well get the head studs sent with it.