The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

Looking good for 2012 bud!

Direct port kit will look great, might be worth getting some steel buns to weld in as well to prevent any leaks. They don't come in the kit but I'm sure Lee will be able to sort it anyhow.

Re the drag stuff, forget the pressure mate the cars done well enough already and if you had a chance to try some full slicks you would have been in the 9's easy. Not many get your times on DR's and minimal drag setup.

Don't get rid of them HKS drags just yet ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good for 2012 bud!

Direct port kit will look great, might be worth getting some steel buns to weld in as well to prevent any leaks. They don't come in the kit but I'm sure Lee will be able to sort it anyhow.

Re the drag stuff, forget the pressure mate the cars done well enough already and if you had a chance to try some full slicks you would have been in the 9's easy. Not many get your times on DR's and minimal drag setup.

Don't get rid of them HKS drags just yet ;)

Where do they weld in mate? the manifold is alley.

Im not going to sell the HKS drag coilovers unless i get a good offer, I want to put the teins back on though as it looks like im going to do the Nur motorsport ring trip, should be a hoot and its something ive always wanted to do, ive got a quiet exhaust for the trip, i might even put a smaller turbo on just for the ring.

Where do they weld in mate? the manifold is alley.

Im not going to sell the HKS drag coilovers unless i get a good offer, I want to put the teins back on though as it looks like im going to do the Nur motorsport ring trip, should be a hoot and its something ive always wanted to do, ive got a quiet exhaust for the trip, i might even put a smaller turbo on just for the ring.

It would be good to see your car go round the ring, get plenty of footage if you go :)

I believe it's In the manifold, a guy on SF (jstaats) was saying for the Titan kit it's recommended..

I'll try and pull up the thread.

Ring trip sounds like it will be a laugh, will be crazy in your car! Lol

Well hopefully you don't sell em, so we can see you get that thing flying down the strip!

You selling your current alloys JP ??

No mate, decided to keep both sets.

Keep me in mind if you change your mind.....I am saving a bit every week, I hope you are not going to change your mind again to soon though;)

Those Rims with the Bronze finish are going to look stunning on your car, it's starting to look less stock now though, well especially when the bonnet goes on:D The sleeper look is starting to wake up;)

it's starting to look less stock now though, well especially when the bonnet goes on:D The sleeper look is starting to wake up;)

I like changing things about a bit Rog, im still in two minds myself about the bonnet, will have to wait and see what it looks like.

I like changing things about a bit Rog, im still in two minds myself about the bonnet, will have to wait and see what it looks like.

I know exactly what you mean JP, I could of had a Single 6 speed by now with £'s I have used to change the look on mine again and again

I am trying to rein it in a bit though, as I really want a TT in there now, but I still ((need/want/desire/lust) use which one you think is appropriate:p) some nice rims to fill out the arches properly

Edit: That's really odd, just got a text from ShellShocked as I typed that, to drop the Supra down to the bodyshop again tomorrow:innocent:

Edited by DodgyRog
To add to (see edit history)

New Nur Motorsport bonnet is nearly done, it came out of the paintshop today but Noel was not happy with the finish so it went back in for a bit of work (small dent in the top right) and painting again, they have just got to mesh the vent and i should have it for the weekend, Its very light, has the stock metal frame with a carbon skin.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Looks awesome! :cool:

is that your new Ferrari in the background?

Thats thing is worth more than a real one i hear, only 11 ever made by ferrari so im told, Noel is giving it a make over for a client.

Looks like Noel and the team have done a great job there.

Certainly looking forward to seeing it on the car.

NB: Are you just looking for a bit of aesthetic appeal, or actually want to add a bit of cooling to the block too?

I just liked the look of that bonnet and not many people have them, nobody has one that fits like this, the cooling from the vent wont hurt either.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)