The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a bit of fun i thought id mount my parachute for next weeks LMM meet, I got the release cable feed through the car now and out of where the boot lock use to be, i made the mistake of testing it in the garage, i never realised it had a huge spring inside the chute, right pita to get back together.

Also a little tip for anyone thats doing a big bhp build, fit L19 head studs, the standard ARP head studs dont seem to be able to cope with any more than 32-34psi boost, Got some new L19's on order and will swap them out soon.

Also a little tip for anyone thats doing a big bhp build, fit L19 head studs, the standard ARP head studs dont seem to be able to cope with any more than 32-34psi boost, Got some new L19's on order and will swap them out soon.

I never realised they would even take that abuse anyway.

I am surprised to read you still had the normal ones in, thought you would have had the L19's in already.

Good to know that though, very good piece of info :)

I never realised they would even take that abuse anyway.

I am surprised to read you still had the normal ones in, thought you would have had the L19's in already.

Good to know that though, very good piece of info :)

An oversite on my part, Now ive done some research it seems a lot of people have had the same issue with the standard ARP studs at big boost, thankfully a easy fix, they can be swapped out one at a time.

How do you tell the head is lifting Jamie, does the coolant temp go through the roof or something? Sort of head gasket symptoms that disappear?

Temps dont change anymore than they should on a full power run, I have a pressure sensor on the water system, when its loaded hard on the dyno it has pumped exhaust gasses into the water system a couple of times and pushes some water out the overflow, never does it on the road, only the dyno, needs sorting though so i can raise the boost, I talked to a few people stateside and its a common problem on big boost, easy fix though.

Ahh I see lol, is it as loud as the boostlogic you had?

No, its about the same as a 4" HKS ti id say, i miss the boostlogic system.

Temps dont change anymore than they should on a full power run, I have a pressure sensor on the water system, when its loaded hard on the dyno it has pumped exhaust gasses into the water system a couple of times and pushes some water out the overflow, never does it on the road, only the dyno, needs sorting though so i can raise the boost, I talked to a few people stateside and its a common problem on big boost, easy fix though.

Cheers.

Do you currently have oversized ARPs or is it the stock sized ones you are using? I read that a lot of guys resize the head stud holes so that they can up the diameter of the studs. Just wondering if it's the normal size ARPs that aren't coping or the oversized ones.