The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

Have been considering a return to the modified height-adjustable Bilstein setup ("GixxerDrew" setup) that DanDan is now running.

I dont like that setup myself, I had the CW bilstein setup on mine for a little while and it was to low even on the highest setting, I wont tell you how i got over the problem, the idea of making them height adjustable seems good but iirc the only way to change the height on that setup is to compress the spring? I dont like that either.

I drove Lee's car when i had the bilsteins and i was gutted at how much better his drove than mine, from that moment on i was hooked to the flex.

Worst coilovers ive had on a supra, RSR i shock, my god them things are stiff.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like that setup myself, I had the CW bilstein setup on mine for a little while and it was to low even on the highest setting, I wont tell you how i got over the problem, the idea of making them height adjustable seems good but iirc the only way to change the height on that setup is to compress the spring? I dont like that either.

I drove Lee's car when i had the bilsteins and i was gutted at how much better his drove than mine, from that moment on i was hooked to the flex.

Just checked the price for the Flex - Titan are doing them for $1500 USD (about £1050 + shipping etc), which seems pretty reasonable. I'm not a brand whore, I just want something that will put as much power to the ground as possible but also provide some cornering capability.

Just checked the price for the Flex - Titan are doing them for $1500 USD (about £1050 + shipping etc), which seems pretty reasonable. I'm not a brand whore, I just want something that will put as much power to the ground as possible but also provide some cornering capability.

Come for a spin in my car before you buy them.

i think you can get them in the UK for similar money. Around £1000-£1100 the last time I looked at them.

You can see the flex are a different breed from the low end teins simply by looking at the length of the spring.

1,070 pounds

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/tein-flex-/toyota/supra.html

i think you can get them in the UK for similar money. Around £1000-£1100 the last time I looked at them.

You can see the flex are a different breed from the low end teins simply by looking at the length of the spring.

Yup, £1015 from amber performance in luton.

Will do, mate. If yours isn't off the road for the winter, we might be able to co-ordinate one weekend when I drop over to Lee's to get my billet cambelt tensioner installed :)

Use mine most weekends mate, i was over at Lee's today picking my coilovers up, he was laid up under some silver tank ;)

is that VAT inclusive?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEIN-FLEX-COILOVER-KIT-TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80-/300649838363?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460020771b

Cheers.

Do you currently have oversized ARPs or is it the stock sized ones you are using? I read that a lot of guys resize the head stud holes so that they can up the diameter of the studs. Just wondering if it's the normal size ARPs that aren't coping or the oversized ones.

The stud can be as strong as you like but the block will give way, an L19 stud will never snap it will pull the thread straight out the block first, the block can be modified to make it strong enough to really tighten the studs down.

Went over to wheels in motion today, Tony fitted my Teins back on and sorted the geo settings, every time i drag race the car the rear drivers side wheel moves out of line for some reason, I also need to get some adjustable rear control arms really, the settings are max'd out and im still running 1 degree of camber, I will get on that soon.

Went over to wheels in motion today, Tony fitted my Teins back on and sorted the geo settings, every time i drag race the car the rear drivers side wheel moves out of line for some reason, I also need to get some adjustable rear control arms really, the settings are max'd out and im still running 1 degree of camber, I will get on that soon.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/IMG_0346.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/IMG_0358.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/IMG_0349.jpg

What a beast :cool:

Looking forward to seeing what the Nur-Luck bonnet does to the look. Should look pretty good!

Looks fantastic Jamie. Just a thought, but when the Do Luck bonnet goes on are you having the vents cut back in aswell? Or just the centre vent? Also im looking for a towing eye and just noticed you have one fitted on yours, Any info on where i can get one. Cheers