The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

I think for top speed type events your aerodynamics is hurting your terminal speeds , drag increases at a square of the speed and the last 200 meters speed is high , a few small changes and speeds would increase - its much cheaper and easier than chasing horsepower . I expect theres 5 mph in those wing mirrors alone

I flipped the mirrors to the inside for 1 race mate .... no noticable difference though

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome Luc, looks like you had a pretty successful season :thumbs:

Thank you mate.;)

After discussions with Lee, he will order parts and start working on the VVTi head.

We agreed on the following :

- Stage 5 VVTi head (oversized valves)

- shimless buckets

- Ferrea component

- Kelford 272/278 cams

- SRD billet exhaust manifold

- Syvecs S6plus (my S6 will be upgraded to S6plus)

- Hypertune intake manifold

My 6870 Gen2 turbo only did 2000 mls. I'm very happy with the way it performs. The new 7275 Gen2 unit should bring another 100 bhp ... but that would mean traction issues in 3rd gear. I like the fact that I have full traction in 3rd ... which is perfect for me.

My goal is 1050 bhp and full boost in 4th gear at 3700 rpm.

I will keep you updated

Luc

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, lovely supra :cool:.

Cheers mate ;)

I didnt quite understand, are you upgrading to the 7275 or not or just debating if to do it? I think the upgrade will be more then 100bhp and better top end to suite mile and half mile racing. Should be great with the VVTi.

I'm sure you've seen this comparison?

I didnt quite understand, are you upgrading to the 7275 or not or just debating if to do it? I think the upgrade will be more then 100bhp and better top end to suite mile and half mile racing. Should be great with the VVTi.

I'm sure you've seen this comparison?

I don't think of turbo upgrade yet mate.

The 6870 is awesome on the road. A 7275 will give traction issues in 3rd .... something I want to avoid.

After discussions with Lee, he will order parts and start working on the VVTi head.

We agreed on the following :

- Stage 5 VVTi head (oversized valves)

- shimless buckets

- Ferrea component

- Kelford 272/278 cams

- SRD billet exhaust manifold

- Syvecs S6plus (my S6 will be upgraded to S6plus)

- Hypertune intake manifold

My 6870 Gen2 turbo only did 2000 mls. I'm very happy with the way it performs. The new 7275 Gen2 unit should bring another 100 bhp ... but that would mean traction issues in 3rd gear. I like the fact that I have full traction in 3rd ... which is perfect for me.

My goal is 1050 bhp and full boost in 4th gear at 3700 rpm.

I will keep you updated

Luc

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers mate ;)

Nice plans mate, a seriously fast car you have here :)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

My Supra is at SRD HQ since end of September 2018.

Lee stripped the block completely down ; over 6 years and over 20k mls on my built block at power levels between 900 and 1000+ bhp left some wear.

The block has been bored to 87mm now ; Lee installed Carillo HD rods, Manley 9:1 pistons, billet main caps.

The VVTi head is worked so SRD Stage 5.

The Hypertune intake manifold was made crackle black.

IMG-20181109-WA0072.jpg

IMG-20181109-WA0068.jpg

IMG-20181206-WA0056.jpg

IMG-20181210-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20181217-WA0016.jpg

Cricky that's some winter pick me up :blink:

Congratulations on the results prior to rebuilding, just goes to show a properly built engine will last.

Still great to see people pushing these to the limit, expensive hobby though I would imagine.

I asked Lee to replace my old HKS exhaust manifold by Lee's new billet SRD exhaust manifold ... they look like a work of art. I will post pics as soon as the manifold in mounted.

On my previous setup, boost dropped considerably above 7200 rpm. With the SRD exhaust manifold and the Hypertune intake, boost should stay stable up to the 8200 rpm rev limiter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra