The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

Lux you have prob been asked this a thousand times but what size (width) and make rears tyres do you run?

I have the CCW 11.5 X 18 with R888 305-35/18 for the street.

For the track, I have Welds RTS 10X15 with MT Street 2 radials in 295-55/15.

You won't need that wide with the MT's.

Lee had 275-55/15 on his blue beast.

OK in which case I can go for my cheapo 17" wheels 9.5J wide and run the 275-45/17 which still have plenty of side wall and i know for a fact I wont have any clearance issues. Cheers dude :thumbs:

OK in which case I can go for my cheapo 17" wheels 9.5J wide and run the 275-45/17 which still have plenty of side wall and i know for a fact I wont have any clearance issues. Cheers dude :thumbs:

Lee had perfect traction in every gear with 800+ bhp.

The compound of the SS is so soft .... you can put your name in them with your fingernail :D

Lee had perfect traction in every gear with 800+ bhp.

The compound of the SS is so soft .... you can put your name in them with your fingernail :D

I did have 15" wheels though but used to grip very well and longer gears with the taller tyres

• 4 weeks later...
Looking great Luc. What will be done to the head?:)

/QUOTE]

End of this year Claus ; we are about to finish the build of our new house. Family things first .... plus I want to use the car this year at the races :)

Head will get SRD stage 5 treatment ; 1mm oversized valves, shimless buckets, GSC 274/274 cams, Ferrea components.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I took the Supra out of hibernation today.

At the end of last year, I had a small issue : the Syvecs didn't let me rev above 7000 rpm.

Lee checked the logs from 400mls away, and found that the Syvecs lost the rpm signal above 6800 rpm ; a faulty cam sensor or cable must be the issue ..... 20 year old OEM parts need replacing at some point.

So the Supra will have the following works done :

- new engine oil and filter

- new cam sensor and cable

- new SRD engine undertray

• Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra