The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

Looking good Luc :)

Thanks Andrew. :)

looking forward to a race now Luc, hope you resolve this little issue.

Lee was confident that would be the issue ... and Ryan confirmed.

I'm in for a race Zach ; I just won't do 1/4 miles .... my Supra is not setup for that .. and the stress on the drivetrain is too much. I would have to upgrade other parts as the 800+ ftlbs would risk to break things.

Let's go for a 60-180 mph race. ;)

Mr competitive, does yours do corners too or just straights.

Si ... I defo won't challenge you around the Ring. :D

I'm in for a race Zach ; I just won't do 1/4 miles .... my Supra is not setup for that .. and the stress on the drivetrain is too much. I would have to upgrade other parts as the 800+ ftlbs would risk to break things.

Let's go for a 60-180 mph race. ;)

Yeah I was thinking about upgrading the driveshafts, i guess that would be the last link in the puzzle. We will probably have a boring race mate, same turbo :D.

Still looking forward to having a spin with you again though.

Yeah I was thinking about upgrading the driveshafts, i guess that would be the last link in the puzzle. We will probably have a boring race mate, same turbo :D.

Still looking forward to having a spin with you again though.

I have an SRD heavy duty driveshaft mate.

However, Lee said that for standing launches, a stonger diff cover should be done too.

• 7 months later...

I haven't update for a while now.

My Supra ran faultless for the last 2 years. After a great result in 2016, I participated in the 2017 German rolling race championship.

During the first event, I did first in my class (800-1000 bhp) and overall winner, with 296.24 kph (185.15 mph) after 1000 meters

During the finals, I had a great field of supercars in my class ; 23 cars .. from 950 bhp Porsche to 980 bhp Mercedes, 950 bhp Audi RS6 and 980 bhp GTR. At the end, I did 3rd place (298.57 kph / 186.61 mph), close behind behind the 980 bhp GTR (299.98 kph / 187.41 mph) and 990 bhp Porsche (299.93 kph / 187.33 mph).

All my opponents were impressed ... as I was the only one changing the gears manually and with RWD.

Massive thanks to the SRD team. The Supra will go back to SRD in 2 months : VVTI stage 4+ head, hypertune manifold, Syvecs S6 plus.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

I think for top speed type events your aerodynamics is hurting your terminal speeds , drag increases at a square of the speed and the last 200 meters speed is high , a few small changes and speeds would increase - its much cheaper and easier than chasing horsepower . I expect theres 5 mph in those wing mirrors alone

• Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra