The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

Thank you mate.

The higher compression helps spool ; off boost response is much better.

The VVTi stage 5 head SRD built work sgreat. Shimless buckets, oversize valves .... a great combo.

On the road, it is awesome to drive ; cruising around in 4th gear at 40 mph is not a problem.

I have positive boost in 4th gear at 2500rpm.

I need to read through your thread again. You've had so many changes lol!

What compression are you currently. Is there much extra work needed to hit that? Assume decking, updated bolts.

I see you run a 6870. SRD had one of those with the T51r mod on. Is that yours by any chance?

Do you think your turbo choice contributes to the spool. You must be the only guy I see running a sub 70mm turbo. Which makes perfect sense. Sized for use.

• 2 weeks later...

I was out in the Supra yesterday.

It is awesome on E60 ; the ethanol changes the Supra completely compared to pump gas.

On pump gas, I see 1.5 Bar in 4th gear at 3800 rpm : on E60, I see 2.1 Bar at 3800 in 4th : completely sick.

The VVTi is so nice to drive ; I see positive boost in 4th gear at 2400rpm.

I buy E85 for 0.60€ per liter.

I add a bit of 102 octan pump gas to have 60% of ethanol. Everything above 60% gives me full power.

After discussing with Lee, we agreed on that. Too much ethanol may be counter productive in terms of lubrification of the engine.

Attached :

the pump fuel graph : 1.5 Bar with 98 octan

E70 map : 2 3 Bar

Power is at the wheels (rwhp)

IMG-20190327-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20190327-WA0062.jpg

Thanks for sharing this mate.

Man that pump dyno curve is really decent. I mean most would be so happy with that!

Whats your low boost bhp value? Do you drive it at low boost often. Or just when you use pump fuel.

Pretty lucky on the E85. I can't seem to find anywhere that's sub,£3 a litre here. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!

Do you think pre spool nitrous would be worth it / any fun?

Whats next for this beast

Haha

I see full boost in 4th gear at 4000 rpm .... then 4500 rpm of full power till the red line : very impressive.

I remember the first time I got the Supra back from SRD (must be 5 years ago now) ; Lee asked after 4 weeks : " have you tried high boost yet "

I replied : " I have no idea how low boost and mid boost feels" :D

LOL what does low boost mean :eyebrows:

Funny.

I remember driving mine on low boost. Scared me at 500ish.

Man thats so funny.

Id love to see an NA driver have a go at 1000hp! Be like a 5 year old at Christmas.

As an NA driver of sorts. I do remember the joy of boost!

Screenshot_20200628-083053_Chrome.jpg

Look who I found!

I see now why you chose the 1.0 over the smaller 0.84. Comparable against the open 0.86.

I'm curious though buddy how come you didn't consider a QSV?

I've not seen any with vs without. Its just talked about so much. I considered it before but I didn't have the power to worry about it previously.

Looking good as always Luc :thumbs:

With the HKS Hypermax 4 coilovers you are going for was that a personal choice or was it recommended by Lee? Only ask as I would like to change mine as they have seen better days and I’m unsure what to go for.

Also keep reading your posts on the VVTI head swap and really want to do mine, just wish I had the funds! :rolleyes:

• Luxluc changed the title to Luc's SRD1XXX Supra