The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

Do you have this one in colour as well, its a cracking photo and with photochop post processing using some colour splashed with B&W I think it would look amazing.

Its already calendar worthy :thumbs:

I dont no :( I can ask the guy who was doing the photography on the day to see if he has one?

I do like this one, however I am not good with post processing so someone would need to do it lol :D

• 1 month later...
It's high on my list of "Stuff to do in '13" but nothing booked in and solid yet. :senile:

What's the RAF Marham one all about then, Hackin'? :search:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?283126-RAF-Marham-Charity-Track-Weekend-Ladies-and-gentlemen-Firstly-happy-new-year-to&highlight=raf+marham+track

http://www.marhamtrackday.co.uk/

Have a butchers George

Shame thats a bit too far for me to drive in the track car, that is unless I somehow get a 4x4 and trailer to come up :eyebrows:

The tracks I am planning to go on this year are..

Goodwood (My Local)

Castle Combe

Silverstone

Brands Hatch

I'm hoping to be organised for the first proper one at Mondello which is 22nd of February but I still need to source a full set of race pads and I can't see myself having the money for these, the track day and 100 litres of fuel so I might have to for-go this meet. Oh Discordia!

Wouldn't mind throwing a bucket of black paint at it as well (can't you just tell its gonna be perfect!:D) before its next outing but that would certainly be pushing it.

Ordered a set of race pads from the states this evening. They're not the usual choice and this may come back to bite me but buying these has left some cash in the kitty for the other bits.

But I'm fairly confident they'll do the job just fine, I never had any issues with my previous pads, which were a street compound from the same manufacturer. They served me very well up until their demise.

• 2 weeks later...
:D Nice one!!

Cheers Richard, it's being shipped today but I've to locate a suitable clutch & flywheel so theres no reason to think it'll be in the car anytime soon!

But once in it should open up a few more events for me as I was treating the W58 very kindly at the last couple of track days, no hard starts & even leaving it in third for hairpins.

It never grumbled once about the 100% power hike but with the R154 I can exploit the 1JZ fully and maybe even visit a drag strip for a bit of hectic cog swapping!:)

T'would be a good excuse to fit the Hurst line lock kit I have sitting in the garage for the past 18 months!

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

Just took possession of my new gearbox, looks to be chunky little monkey when compared to the slender W58 (from what I can remember of it's size).

Been doing a little bit of digging and found a good deal on a new 6 puck clutch kit and one piece lightweight flywheel, all for less than €600.

The bonus is that the kit is right here in Ireland (wonders will never cease!) so the price includes delivery to my door!

I'm not going to make the track day on the 22nd of this month but if everything is in place for the next one then I can't complain, I'll be doing some work to the interior and hopefully there'll be a new coat of paint on the outside as well.

I've taken a shine to the matte look.:eyebrows: