The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

I thaught it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to the hardcore track supras and track enthusiasts like myself.

so lets have pleanty of pics spec and info of your mkiv racers . it would be great to get and share ideeas of where speed can be found in the jza80 chassis so ill start;

mine is 94 na-t for dedicated track use only.

currently used for the TSS and every track opertunity i can get on inbetween . its mostly stripped and has 1 seat and a 6 point cage .

power. hopeing for 500hp ( waiting to be mapped )

weight. 1340 kgs with just over half a tank and no driver.

brakes. lexus ls400 aloy 4pot front with Cw pads j spen rears with Cw pads all on oem steel discs

Trans . w58 5 speed tt 3.7 lsd and competition stage 4 cluch with ultalight flywheel

suspension . meister r zeta r whith 14kg front spring rate 10kg rear rate .

tyres. for open track use hankook DTM medium full slicks 260/66/18 front 280/66/18 rear. TSS zz3 245/40/18f 275/35/18r

so here she is in action

attachment.php?attachmentid=134797&d=1308418886

I HAVE LOTS OF BIIIG PLANS FOR MY TRACK BABY FOR NEXT SEASON , BUT ILL LET SLIP ON THEM LATER.

so show me track animals :) :)

IMG_1738.jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

Technically speaking we already have a Group in the community section for trackers ;)

Granted it isnt used by many but can always bump start it.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?groupid=44

well there goes my thunder.lol

i know about that section but thats more about trackdays and track meetings. i want this to be about the cars that we use on those track days and the things done to find speed.

also be nice to try and get deeper insight to our racyer members

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

If you want to make it quicker on track you NEED a better LSD, a tyre temp probe and someone to show you how to use it properly without puncturing the tyres, and a means of getting all the compliance out of the front lower wishbones, and probably a means of getting more front negative camber and more positive castor than the stock adjusters allow, especailly when on radial slicks. You would probably benefit from some better dampers. I need to get a calculator out and see what spring rates you are running, I can only work in Imperial ;)

I'll post positively when I have something positive to say.

I've just spent the last 8 hours getting my W58 gearset back together without the use of a press.

If its all good and ready to mate with my 1JZ I should have it up and running in the next couple of weeks, free time permitting.

I'll hold off on specs or pictures til then but fingers crossed it will be pretty useful on a track.

Probably not off the part numbers. Eibach race springs have the rates stencilled on them and the length and diameter. Some cheap springs like Faulkners have the rates inscribed with an engraver on the ground ends of the springs. The rates are easily measured by someone with the right gear. I can do this. Dan on the forum has checked some springs out too, I think the family runs some sort of engineering shop. Any spring MAKERS like Faulkners can do it for a few quid, too, of course.

I'll post positively when I have something positive to say.

I've just spent the last 8 hours getting my W58 gearset back together without the use of a press.

If its all good and ready to mate with my 1JZ I should have it up and running in the next couple of weeks, free time permitting.

I'll hold off on specs or pictures til then but fingers crossed it will be pretty useful on a track.

Well done, I have acquired a noisy bearinged (is that a word...?) W58 and when I get some free time I intend to strip it and see if it's cost effective to repair. I have never had the W58 apart, is it a `mare?

Well done, I have acquired a noisy bearinged (is that a word...?) W58 and when I get some free time I intend to strip it and see if it's cost effective to repair. I have never had the W58 apart, is it a `mare?

It's not too bad Chris, this was my first delve into a gearbox and if I hadn't left it stripped for so long (it was christmas when I pulled it apart! where do the months go?) it might have been a bit easier to re-assemble. I may have messed up on the interlocking pins but I'm too pee'd off right now to even care. Thats a job for tomorrw.

I've yet to get it back into the casing but I can't see a problem arising out of that!

You'd think I'd have learned by now not to say such things!

thats some great info chris. atb the moment i run as much camber os the cam loeb adjusters allow and i toe the fronts in 2 deg to make the nose fell as "pointy" as possible i do want to change alot on the car but itl have to be done over a period as ever with having to use money for otheing silly things like food and bills :(

Here are a couple of quick table ideas, it would be good to get something like this populated :thumbs:

[table=head;sort=1,2,3]Name|Circuit|Time|Verified|Tires|Suspension|Brakes|Notes

Wez|BrandsHatch|01:00:50|DL1 GPS|Falken 452|CW Track Setup|PF Pads & Floating Discs|Running 95ron

[/table]

[table=head;sort=1,2,3]Name|Trans|Diff|Brakes|Suspension|Ride Height|Weight|Geo|Cage|Interior

Wez|v160|TRD|PF Pads & Floating Discs|CW Track Setup|????|????|????|FIA/MSA|Stripped

[/table]

Here are a couple of quick table ideas, it would be good to get something like this populated :thumbs:

[table=head;sort=1,2,3]Name|Circuit|Time|Verified|Tires|Suspension|Brakes|Notes

Wez|BrandsHatch|01:00:50|DL1 GPS|Falken 452|CW Track Setup|PF Pads & Floating Discs|Running 95ron

[/table]

[table=head;sort=1,2,3]Name|Trans|Diff|Brakes|Suspension|Ride Height|Weight|Geo|Cage|Interior

Wez|v160|TRD|PF Pads & Floating Discs|CW Track Setup|????|????|????|FIA/MSA|Stripped

[/table]

i like that . will be good to get a full graph

Nice idea.

A nicely populated table would be very interesting to see.

Although the only issue being that one driver may be capable of a few seconds difference on the same setup on the same track. But it would be interesting to see a regular track day participants post up different settings with resultant lap times on various tracks.

thats some great info chris. atb the moment i run as much camber os the cam loeb adjusters allow and i toe the fronts in 2 deg to make the nose fell as "pointy" as possible i do want to change alot on the car but itl have to be done over a period as ever with having to use money for otheing silly things like food and bills :(

If you use the car on short tight tracks like the one in Wales the club uses, but whose name escapes me, then you want front toe OUT, about 2mm total. That will help turn in on tighter corners. If it feels a bit unstable under the brakes with this it will be because of the compliance in the front wishbone bushes.

Paying for food and paying bills is a real PITA, I agree :)

I can HONESTLY say I have never timed my GTS-t, in real time, save when I watched a vid of it and timed the video. I don't know how accurate this is. I checked out a recent vid of the GTS-t at Oulton, on the International circuit, with the wife in the passenger seat who is no lightweight model ( ;) ) and got a time of a low 1:58 seconds. It's this vid:

I never push as hard as poss on a track day, especially with a passenger aboard, so I reckon a 1:55 or so is possible solo, with an incentive to ride the kerbs and be nasty to it.

Sounds like a good idea as long as they've been timed properly and not with a stopwatch. I've got loads of data available from the last 6 years of Time Attack we've done!

We could have a table for verified results, it would be interesting to see it in table form :thumbs:

Edited by Wez (see edit history)