The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

Are you going to pop over sometime this year then?? :D

Probably not this year mate, there are too many things on my to-do lists which will not only require time but whatever funds I can scare up.

Need to make the back garden toddler friendly for starters, that means building some sort of a decent run for the doggie, which still allows him to patrol the grounds and intimidate callers, which he does very well!

My transporter would need a little more braking before I'd head for the ferry, perhaps a third axle even.

New fatter track tyres for the car would be lovely as well, plus theres a geometry hurdle I wouldn't mind tackling before hitting the UK circuits.

Money, money, money!

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

My Supra is going through Track Car Prep. Goes in for a 14 point weld in cage and a seam welded shell next month and is going to be painted white. It will then be livered up as the Cure Leukaemia UK official promotional vehicle and used to promote the charity and give fast passenger rides to Leukaemia suffers and it will also be available to The Birmingham Children's Hospital for the same sort of activity.

I will also Show it, Drag it and Drift it. Jack of all trade but a master of none :D

Initial spec will be a 500bhp NA-T.

Secondary Spec will be a Built 1UZFE with a pair of GT3037's running about 900bhp

Looking for Sponsors if any one is interested in contributing.

Again this is an OFFICIAL Cure Leukaemia UK Project ? (Charity Number : 1100154)

My way of giving back to those who have looked after me for the last 2 years during my battle with A.L.L with Philadelphia Chromosome+). I owe the NHS about £250k and I intend to raise that back though charity work over the rest of my life.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

My Supra is going through Track Car Prep. Goes in for a 14 point weld in cage and a seam welded shell next month and is going to be painted white. It will then be livered up as the Cure Leukaemia UK official promotional vehicle and used to promote the charity and give fast passenger rides to Leukaemia suffers and it will also be available to The Birmingham Children's Hospital for the same sort of activity.

I will also Show it, Drag it and Drift it. Jack of all trade but a master of none :D

Secondary Spec will be a Built 1UZFE with a pair of GT3037's running about 900bhp

Again this is an OFFICIAL Cure Leukaemia UK Project ? (Charity Number : 1100154)

My way of giving back to those who have looked after me for the last 2 years during my battle with A.L.L with Philadelphia Chromosome+). I owe the NHS about £250k and I intend to raise that back though charity work over the rest of my life.

Lyndon.

Fantastic mate, and for such a worthy cause as well :)

I would love to meet you on track once this beast is up and running.

Nice one!!

Well I have Lewis Rally Sport Sponsoring the Roll cage and Shell Prep paint and Livery & logos. Ryan @ 2 bar said He'd help in some way, I just need a brake, suspension and tyre sponsor. The rest of the majority I will fund myself.

I have the Mark "Mr Turbo" Kitchen Billet turbo back in stock along with my old TurboSmart Progate 48, lines and downpipe etc. 700+bhp turbo that spools like a T04S. I'm going to copy Scott H's front facing inlet manifold and put my 90MM billet throttle body on it. Steve at Silverline should be able to make me a Exhaust manifold as it's divided T3 and most GE turbo manifolds are T4.

I'll drop a forged VVTi TT bottom end in there at some point and turn the wick up.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Thats a damn fine way of combining the two Lyndon, I really hope you get the funding the project deserves.

Looking forward to seeing this come together for you.

This time I have good feeling one of my crazy projects will get finished, I've done it this way to force myself to complete it or I'm going to look like a complete tosser and let my charity down. It also means the wife and mother in law can't moan about me spending time on the car as they have told me I should contribute more to those who helped fix me. I give them a £5 a month but that just didn't seem enough.

Lyndon.

6 puck clutch kit & lightweight one piece flywheel just ordered.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o66/bluenovagsi/jzx90.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o66/bluenovagsi/driftcultureae86.jpg

That concludes my hunt for, and purchase of, a complete R154 conversion.

Awesome dude, make sure you get some pics of the conversion in progress.. :p

This time I have good feeling one of my crazy projects will get finished, I've done it this way to force myself to complete it or I'm going to look like a complete tosser and let my charity down. It also means the wife and mother in law can't moan about me spending time on the car as they have told me I should contribute more to those who helped fix me. I give them a £5 a month but that just didn't seem enough.

Yeah good call. It certainly seems you have everything planned out well. :) Looking forward to seeing the build thread. :innocent:

Just ordered a Marlin Crawler uprated thrust washer and clutch slave cylinder for the R154 gearbox from Driftmotion.

Visa is sponsoring this.:)

Temporarily.:(

I have that same relationship with Mr Visa... :(

Lyndon.

That's truly endearing and amazing of you mate. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the last bit of dodgy footage I have from the car in its current spec taken at a track day in October last.

Going to clear a bit of room in the garage shortly for the work I've to tackle before the next track day in late April.

New gearbox, race pads, a bit of suspension work (hopefully) and a few other ideas are all on the menu.

• 5 weeks later...
c'mon craig, get another one matey you know you want to :)

i was out at blyton last sunday, went well :) back there for a sprint at the end of the month.

I like Blyton, think I'll do it again this year, just a shame it's a bit of a trek from South Wales. Like the plenty of run off on the high speed bends at the end.

i enjoy it there for that very reason :) best of both worlds- proper tarmac kerbed circuit but with no armco to hit (except in one place- and if you manage to hit that- you don't belong on a track anyway!)

if all goes well, i'll be back there again twice to sprint this year. fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would do a post track day post.

First impressions of the track, wonderful!

Lovely track, good facilities & great marshals.

The track is so smooth and quick so much better than Combe!

I really managed to push the car hard this time (mainly as it was dry and hot) I really would recommend this track to anyone.

The only downside is that there is pretty much no runoff, that means it would be a scary track in the wet, but if its dry its immense!!

Here are some Pics of the day..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/37058_457936814280967_881908698_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/165477_458096397598342_70041691_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225658_458103204264328_335400256_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/302726_458096880931627_1637229536_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/942910_458097010931614_1447368808_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/923102_458098157598166_1225468299_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264426_458096510931664_190677469_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/270911_458097797598202_292351301_n.jpg

Here are some Flybys of the car down the pit straight..

In Car footage

2nd part of the first video

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)